Anthem, AZ

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted March 20, 2008
Our experience with the school was far less than satisfactory. We left last year along with most of the teachers and many (or most?) of the students. Ask yourself (and the owner when you contact them) why there are only 6-7 kids in a class. You owe it to yourself to gather many opinions on this school. The academics were always presented to the parents as the absolute best and you will be doing a severe disservice to your child if you send them anywhere else. We changed schools and found academics that were excellent in a much more supportive and loving environment. I could never recommend this school in good conscience.

Posted March 03, 2008
This is our family's fourth year at this school and we couldn't be happier. Small class size 6-7 children. The cirriculum is outstanding. We continue to be amazed year after year what our children have accomplised. My children love their teachers and really look forward to going to school everyday. Great School!

Posted January 29, 2008
This school is the best in Anthem and the surrounding area. If the public school standards in Arizona are not up to your standards, look no further. This school is has a small class size. Can you image your child in a class with 6-7 other children and how much more they would learn compared to the average class size of 20-25. I currently have two children enrolled in Desert Academy and they just love it. They love their teachers and are excited about learning. My son is in Pre-K and is knows his phonics and is sounding out three letter words and we are only half way through the year! I believe he will be reading soon! Not only are they learning the numbers, letters, phonics, but this school also stresses a high level of learning in other subjects, such as History, geography, and the Arts. A++ rating!

Posted January 25, 2008

Posted July 09, 2007
While no school is for every child, this would be a great choice if you are interested in curriculum, overall education, safety and happiness of your child. I am going on my 5th year of being a client and I have never had a problem or incident. I have seen the director go out of her way in every respect to accommodate even the pickiest of parents. Anthem is a small town and for sure it has its growing pains. I have signed on to be part of the solution not the problem. If you are like-minded check it out for yourself. I don't think you will be disappointed!

Desert Academy 0

Posted July 09, 2007
As parents we all try to do the best we can for our children. If you can afford to send your child to private school this is the place. Here the children never have episodes of bullying, overcrowding, overworked teachers, drugs, violence or sex. It is small enough to be monitored every second of the day and large enough to build a foundation for greatness in your child s formative years without being stuffy. The teachers, curriculum and the overall quality of education is superior to any of the other schools we have researched (and we have researched!). If you are looking for perfection let me know when you find it. Just because you pay doesn t mean everything will go your way. Having said that if your primary goal is your child s education and not YOUR feelings about the small things the director cannot possibly appease then give it a look-see.

Desert Academy