PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Our experience with the school was far less than satisfactory. We left last year along with most of the teachers and many (or most?) of the students. Ask yourself (and the owner when you contact them) why there are only 6-7 kids in a class. You owe it to yourself to gather many opinions on this school. The academics were always presented to the parents as the absolute best and you will be doing a severe disservice to your child if you send them anywhere else. We changed schools and found academics that were excellent in a much more supportive and loving environment. I could never recommend this school in good conscience.

This is our family's fourth year at this school and we couldn't be happier. Small class size 6-7 children. The cirriculum is outstanding. We continue to be amazed year after year what our children have accomplised. My children love their teachers and really look forward to going to school everyday. Great School!

This school is the best in Anthem and the surrounding area. If the public school standards in Arizona are not up to your standards, look no further. This school is has a small class size. Can you image your child in a class with 6-7 other children and how much more they would learn compared to the average class size of 20-25. I currently have two children enrolled in Desert Academy and they just love it. They love their teachers and are excited about learning. My son is in Pre-K and is knows his phonics and is sounding out three letter words and we are only half way through the year! I believe he will be reading soon! Not only are they learning the numbers, letters, phonics, but this school also stresses a high level of learning in other subjects, such as History, geography, and the Arts. A++ rating!

While no school is for every child, this would be a great choice if you are interested in curriculum, overall education, safety and happiness of your child. I am going on my 5th year of being a client and I have never had a problem or incident. I have seen the director go out of her way in every respect to accommodate even the pickiest of parents. Anthem is a small town and for sure it has its growing pains. I have signed on to be part of the solution not the problem. If you are like-minded check it out for yourself. I don't think you will be disappointed!

As parents we all try to do the best we can for our children. If you can afford to send your child to private school this is the place. Here the children never have episodes of bullying, overcrowding, overworked teachers, drugs, violence or sex. It is small enough to be monitored every second of the day and large enough to build a foundation for greatness in your child s formative years without being stuffy. The teachers, curriculum and the overall quality of education is superior to any of the other schools we have researched (and we have researched!). If you are looking for perfection let me know when you find it. Just because you pay doesn t mean everything will go your way. Having said that if your primary goal is your child s education and not YOUR feelings about the small things the director cannot possibly appease then give it a look-see.

Great teachers, What's left of them. Lousy facility and director. Our child had a great first year, the following year 2006 we pulled him in the middle of the year. Due to change in academics (below standard) and the Director was very unorganized, The only way for this school to survive is for the director to get her head out of the sand, or better yet resign!

Good but not great. Excellent academics, superb teachers, lousy facility and questionable leadership from the director. We have had students at Desert Academy for 2 years and have been amazed at their academic progress and the quality of instruction but have been very disappointed by the directors attitude toward parent involvement, how poorly she treats her faculty and the lack of accountability in financial matters. There is a lot of potential in this school for greatness but some changes need to happen first.

Desert Academy, in my opinion, is the very best school in Anthem and probably within a 25 mile radius or more. My son has been enrolled for 4 years. He is currently in the 1st grade. My daughter started Preschool in September of 06. The education is top notch. I am always amazed on how far ahead they are compared to Public Schools, Charter Schools and religious schools. We were just joking the other day that his reading, writing, spelling and math sometimes stump us. It is a great environment run by a great family. The extracurricular activities were listed by the parent below. The school has recently begun a Parent Committee where parents are highly encouraged to participate. The school is fairly new (4 years old or so) but more great things are sure to follow. You should definitely check it out!!

The academic program is unmatched by any of the other schools in the area. Extra curricular activities include Science Club and Chess Club. Small class sizes and uniforms are a plus! My oldest child has been at the school for 3 years, and each one of her teachers have been highly skilled. Warm, nurturing environment. Parental involvement is encouraged.

Last modified Desert Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2