Anthem, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,014
Before care: Yes

Posted August 07, 2014
Looking forward to another great year ! Open enrolled 3 years ago and have not looked back.

Posted June 23, 2014
Love this school my son attended preK and Mrs Heather is amazing. Still amazed on how she can handle all those boys. He comes home with all kinds of fun things they did. Can't wait for Kinder. I hear amazing things about the kinder teachers. Bringing my other child to DC from another school which was a nightmare. Looking forward to another amazing year at DC.

Posted October 10, 2013
Diamond Canyon is a second home to my children. The teachers and staff there care about my girls and show them love daily. They are learning every day and feel so comfortable with their teachers. I love the rigorous curriculum and high expectations for both standards and behavior. Go DC!

Posted September 26, 2013
I have 2 kids attending Diamond Canyon. All the teachers that my kids have had, have been great! I am very pleased with the education they are receiving & how caring the teachers are.

Posted July 28, 2013
We have had two children attend Diamond Canyon and couldn't be more pleased about the quality of education our children receive at this school. We are continually impressed by the teachers and administration. One of our children just completed fifth grade and we were amazed at the academic, emotional, and social growth that occurred during this year. High expectation were set (as they should be), but our child was supported as she progressed through the year. Our "almost" sixth grader is now much more confident and responsible. This is exactly what should happen as a child is entering middle school. Our younger child had an amazing year in fourth grade and we're looking forward to another great fifth grade year! We cannot give enough positive accolades to Diamond Canyon and we're happy to have our children attending such a great school!

Posted July 19, 2013
We did a lot of research in selecting the right school in Anthem. We checked out a few public, one private, and the charter school. I didn't show all my cards when we were meeting with schools, and talking to parents, but I was looking for a school that had the best quantitative results (scores), and also had the best qualitative results (a safe environment where they care about my children's success). Diamond Canyon was the school that stood out in both categories, so after about six weeks of investigation, and talking around, we settled here. That was two years ago and we are very pleased with our decision! Scores are still the highest, and we have become even more impressed by what a caring community there is at Diamond Canyon. Lots of great people!

Posted July 18, 2013
This school is outstanding! I would highly recommend it! My kids love the teachers and administration at this school. Everyone is very professional. You can tell that learning and doing what is best for the students is the top priority. I have nothing but positive things to say about this school.

Posted July 16, 2013
My child loves going to Diamond Canyon! There is no other place I've found that greets kids each morning with the energy and REALLY knows their students. His teachers have known his academic skills and his interests. I am a very happy parent of Diamond Canyon. We plan to attend for many, many years.

Diamond Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2013
I can see this school from my house, yet I drive my children all the way into Phoenix to attend schools in PVUSD! The best decision I ever made was pulling my children from DVUSD and DC. We only had two great teachers at DC (Kindergarten and First Grade and after that it all went down hill)! Only one of those teachers is still there. The list of reasons we would not recommend this school is FAR TOO long to list! PVUSD has been amazing and we never look back, the extra gas is worth it!

Diamond Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2013
I am a parent of a 16 yr old and 6 yr old. Not new to the school system. I am retired Air Force and have had the experience of all kinds of schools, both private and public here in AZ, Delaware, and New Jersey. Diamond Canyon is poor managed. The teaching staff in the kindergarten have little support from school leadership. This was our first year so I had nothing to compare the principal to except other schools my children have been through. The principal is detached which explains the front office, I believe they think they aren't allowed to smile or be friendly in any way. Except if you know them on some personal level. When I tried to address a problem/issue early in the year I rec'd a company line which had lies, I tried to address the lies and more lies come. I realized at that point my child was not returning. The parent manipulation is beyond unprofessional. It seems the staff allows parents to have an overwhelming say as to the way business is conducted. It doesn't appear that the children's learning style or benefit is the forefront of this school. My child will not be returning.

Diamond Canyon Elementary School
40004 Liberty Bell Way, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Diamond Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Diamond Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top