Posted September 25, 2014
I withdrew my daughter after a year of kindergarten. Over the summer I realized she had no math skills and had to put her in a tutor program just to catch up. The lack of security is appalling as I saw one student prop open a side exit door in the hallway (with his teacher at the end of the other hall)and remained that way for 15 minutes before I approached another teacher stating that I was uncomfortable about it. She was very surprised and when addressed it to the teacher in question-she disregarded it! I had to talk to the principle- who btw is has been replaced by someone new- who was also alarmed and told me she would talk to the teacher. Since we left, there has supposedly been some new changes with the new principle-probably b/c so many students left. Ironically, the student whom I was carpooling with and another student who was in my daughters previous pre-school- both left and we, as parents, had all made the decision without the other knowing it!!! Granted, they did usher in a new principal so hopefully, improvements will be made.

Posted September 02, 2014
My child attended Caurus Academy for the past couple of years but we had to leave after having a bad teacher this past year. This year we are at the local Deer Valley public school and I can see how little he learned in the past year. My child is now behind other classmates because there is no writing or grammar program at Caurus. For Science, there was 1 science book for the entire class. Caurus is a school that has smaller class size with some very caring students/parents but it also has quite a few students that can't make it in the regular public school (renegades). Before you attend Caurus, be sure to research all your options. Caurus is all smoke and mirrors.

Posted June 02, 2014
Do you know that the teachers have not been paid since the beginning of May? We cannot keep good instructors if they are nor fairly paid.

Posted May 20, 2014
We have had nothing but great experiences with Caurus Academy. The school treats you like family and the Teachers are all very interested in helping the children do better . Best school in Anthem if you ask me. Kids are taught respect and get an education at the same time. Classes are not so full that the kids are pouring out of the rooms like in the public schools. Definitely top notch in our Family' s book. Mrs Rides is a great principal and you can tell that she not only cares about the kids but also there well being in other aspects of life. Ms. Lisa the art teacher is the most incredible person I have ever met. She loves teaching art and enjoys the kids as much as they enjoy her. Truly a blessing to find a school like this in Arizona.

Posted March 07, 2014
We have only positive accolades for Caurus Academy. The entire staff from administration to teaching assistants seem to genuinely care about the students. Academics are top notch and challenge students at an age appropriate level. Communication between the parents, students and staff is encouraged and more than welcomed. The school promotes positivity, kindness, self-motivation and personal responsibility among its students and families. Our family definitely feels a strong connection with the school and our other children can't wait to attend Caurus Academy.

Posted January 31, 2014
I do not recommend; some teachers are horrible. We transferred our child out of Caurus Academy.

Posted September 10, 2013
our school is a dynamic school! always in great communication with the parents. my kids love there teachers. The teachers are amazing and I love building relationships with them everyday. I would recommend his school to any one!

Posted January 08, 2013
Excellent school! Can't say enough about it. My daughter was there for 2 years before leaving at the start of the 2012-2013 for another school she had been on a wait list for. The new school was not a good fit for her and she was fortunate enough to be able to return after winter break. All I can say is everyone from Admin to previous teachers welcomed her back with such enthusiasm. My daughter once again looks forward to and enjoys going to school. Check into Caurus if you looking for a school where everyone knows you child's name and has that special, warm and welcoming feeling.

Posted October 21, 2012
LOVE this school! I have 2 children attending and couldn't be happier. The staff is excellent and my 4th grader went from always requiring help with homework to working independently! She is challenged and engaged and making straight A's! My other child is in Kindergarten and absolutely loves it! She loves going to school and loves doing homework. It's so refreshing to see my children excited about learning!

Posted September 09, 2012
My daughter attended Caurus Academy for the 2011-2012 school year. She excelled in all of her subjects. The most important aspect for me was that she had some health issues that required a 504 plan and the staff could not have been more accommodating or genuinely concerned about helping my daughter succeed. Her teacher, Ms. Rides, Mr. Taubman and Meisha (the best front office employee I have ever had the pleasure to know) were all amazing in their support and kindness.

Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy
42302 N. Vision Way, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top