Public charter
Anthem, AZ

Posted January 11, 2015
This school is truly Anthem's best kept secret. This school year 14/15 has had some amazing changes that have made it an even better school. The new principal Mr. Blair is fantastic and is directly involved in every student & event that takes place in the school. He has poured his heart and soul into making this an unbelievable school that the kids are excited to be at every day. This speaks volumes and you won't find it in any pubic school.

Posted January 11, 2015
My son has really loved this school. He isn't a cookie cutter kid, so the flexibility given to him by the staff and principal have really helped him grow. Do I endorse it? My daughter will be attending Kindergarten next year as well.

Posted January 09, 2015
Caurus Academy is an amazing, terrific, wonderful, & spectacular school !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel this way because Mr.Blair does amazingly fun things for example: whole school Friday meetings are the best we get to dance & do activities we also talk about upcoming events like our trip to Mud Pie studios on February 20, 2015 , we are going to Mud Pie because we are doing pottery in art & we don't have a kiln and we need to fire & glaze are pottery pieces Mud Pie was very kind to let us take a field-trip over there to use there kiln so that we could fire and glaze our pottery pieces . Another reason Caurus is an amazing school because all the teachers help to make it a very comfortable & safer environment for children to learn !! i am a student at Caurus academy and this school is the best school i have ever been to !!!!!! ( PS. Ms. Goertz is the best teacher ever she rocks!!!!)

Posted January 09, 2015
I have taught at several schools (due to moving to different states) & Caurus has been my favorite school. I also choose to bring my kids here! Our past principal was incredible, she looked out for the students' best interests & the staff as well. Our new principal, Mr. Blair, has brought new ideas, activities & energy! The staff remains amazing, even with new changes to the faculty. As you walk through the halls you will find happy, motivated & creative students, who are respectful leaders. You will also observe caring teachers & staff who go above & beyond the call of duty for their students within & outside of school hours. In addition we have amazing parents that are supportive of the work we do here! We have a state of the art gym where we continue to work on building sports programs as well as a new science and technology lab! Morning meetings in each classroom allow students to learn leaderships skills & form tight bonds with one another. Friday meetings are great for the entire school to participate with family members. Our new (far away traveling:))field trips for the middle school students allow staff & students to build memories that will last a lifetime!

Posted January 09, 2015
My significant other is a teacher at Caurus Academy. When she comes home, she has nothing but positivity to speak of. I've been to the school several times and would gladly enroll my children.

Posted January 08, 2015
EXTRAORDINARY!! UNIQUE!! The best kept secret in Anthem! My family and I moved to AZ from the Midwest summer 2014. We have been blessed to have had exposures to incredible schools in the Midwest. I felt very uncertain when moving to AZ if we would find a school comparable. Luckily, we were more than pleasantly surprised when we found Caurus Academy. The school was not comparable, it EXCEEDED our expectations. The new principal, Mr. Blair, puts his heart and soul into the school and it shows. He focuses on making learning enjoyable, memorable and building future leaders. The class sizes are small (24 kids) which allow the teachers to make a large impact on every student. The dedication of the teachers is more than apparent. There is an energy at Caurus that is palpable. Kids are upbeat, happy to learn and supportive of one another. I would HIGHLY recommend Caurus Academy to anyone looking for a nurturing, safe, challenging, fulfilling school for their children!

Posted January 08, 2015
I have been at this school for 5yrs and have not always loved it. However, this school year with our new Principal Dameon Blair has been such an uplifting, and welcomed change. He has added amazing, caring teachers, whole school meetings on Friday which allows parent to come and here all the doings at our school. The vibe is so positive. My 3boys look forward to school every day. Love this school!

Posted January 08, 2015
My daughter is in 1st grade at Caurus Academy. She attended a private kindergarten last year and spent 2 weeks at the beginning of this school year at our public school. It was apparent after those 2 weeks that the public school would not meet her needs as the curriculum for 1st grade was what she already completed in kindergarten. A friend of ours recommended looking at Caurus Academy and we are all so glad that we did. My daughter loves going to school everyday and has made many good friends. She is in learning groups based on her abilities so she is not bored and is challenged appropriately. The art, P.E., and music programs are far better than what she would receive at the public school. The new head of the school has brought great energy to the entire school this year.

Posted January 08, 2015
My son has been at Caurus for 3 years and is in 2nd grade. The new principal and teachers have brought such positive energy to the school and a wonderful new vision that is building a strong community. The 2nd grade teacher is the best teacher he has had so far and she manages to teach to each child at their own level. She is amazing! I have really seen that my son is being challenged and growing this year. They really encourage parent involvement with the creation of a new PTO and weekly whole school meetings that parents can attend. The principal's vision and passion for education is unparalleled. I highly recommend taking a tour and talking with the principal.

Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy 1

Posted September 25, 2014
I withdrew my daughter after a year of kindergarten. Over the summer I realized she had no math skills and had to put her in a tutor program just to catch up. The lack of security is appalling as I saw one student prop open a side exit door in the hallway (with his teacher at the end of the other hall)and remained that way for 15 minutes before I approached another teacher stating that I was uncomfortable about it. She was very surprised and when addressed it to the teacher in question-she disregarded it! I had to talk to the principle- who btw is has been replaced by someone new- who was also alarmed and told me she would talk to the teacher. Since we left, there has supposedly been some new changes with the new principle-probably b/c so many students left. Ironically, the student whom I was carpooling with and another student who was in my daughters previous pre-school- both left and we, as parents, had all made the decision without the other knowing it!!! Granted, they did usher in a new principal so hopefully, improvements will be made.

Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy
42302 N. Vision Way, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amcs At Anthem Dba Caurus Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top