Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I really wish I had something good to say about this school. We really wanted to like it. We recently moved from another state and a highly rated school district within that state. Moving back to Phoenix, we knew that we would probably not get the same quality of school as where we moved from, but we were never prepared for a school like this. One of the reasons we chose our home in Anthem was because it was within walking distance to Canyon Springs, and that was a huge bonus for us. We were not impressed from day 1. Orientation was a nightmare. The school is poorly laid out. The teachers at orientation seemed flustered, overwhelmed and confused. Nobody could answer my questions. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and let it go. As we left orientation I tried to ask the VICE PRINCIPAL where my 1st grader could meet his siblings to walk home and he had NO idea. The teacher didn't know...nobody knew. Um, not good. On the first day the teacher left my 1st grader in his classroom by himself at the end of the day and finally his siblings figured out where to go get him. From there things went from bad to worse. The 6th graders are literally out of control. They cuss, they yell, they bully each other, they throw things. It go so bad in the lunchroom that all 6th graders now have assigned seating. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. The teachers are beyond irritated with all the kids and I really can't blame them. My 4th grader has been tackled and jumped by an 8th grader more than once while walking into school. Just yesterday a fellow classmate told him he was going to beat him up at recess. My 6th grader has been repeatedly bullied. He has been called horrible names and at one point pushed into another teacher at lunch who did NOTHING. I emailed the school about it and never even got a reply. My 1st grader had an accident on picture day, before pictures were taken, and nobody even called me. He never has accidents and when I asked him why, he said he gets in trouble if he asks to use the restroom at the beginning of class. I am done...pulling all my kids out this week and enrolling elsewhere. Nothing could be worse than this school....

Amount of homework: Agree

2nd grade has been the best year yet! My daughter gets a manageable packet of work to complete throughout the week. She isn't overwhelmed and is still able to play with her friends after school. When she is stuck she knows she can wait and get help from her teacher if it is an area she isn't ready to do alone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Student Council recently started a cool thing called the It Factor. Students are rewarded for showing character leadership traits. My daughter was recognized for first quarter. These types of activities help promote a culture of integrity!

My kids are challenged, loved, and taught to be problem solvers, hard workers, and to never stop learning. I love Canyon Springs and the amazing opportunities they provide. My girls are in Science Club and Environmental Club. They love helping make the school a better place and working with the turtles!

This is my first year teaching at Canyon Springs, and it is the best experience I have had so far. The Admin and other teachers are friendly and supportive. All of our staff works together great and creates an engaging and challenging environment for all of our students. There are many systems in place that keep the campus organized and running efficiently. I couldn't ask for a better work environment.

We had several schools to choose from in the Anthem area, but Canyon Springs is the school for my children. The students and parents are very nice and down to Earth. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to education. The ladies in the front office are so very sweet and helpful. Even though this is a STEM school, I love the fact that they still offer students the opportunity to participate in fine arts. My children and I very much enjoyed the school's very first musical! Canyon Springs may not be our home school, but my children truly feel like they are home.

I've been going to this school for 8 years now, this year being my last, and I can say this hasn't been a great school. I haven't been to any others so I can't really compare. The only plus I can say is that the teachers are for the most part really nice, as long as you're not causing trouble. Everything else is a negative. The admins are terrible, the food is revolting, and countless of other things. I've also been bullied every year after 4th grade, and it's not just the kids. Once when I was eating my home made lunch, the monitors commented saying, "Don't you think that's a bit too much" and forced me to throw it away. So if you care for your children's well being, choose a different school.

I love this school! They offer many gifted services as well as services for special needs kids. The principle is wonderful. She has proven to be an excellent leader and the teachers are great as well. I have the option and access to several top rated charter schools in the area and would choose Canyon Springs over any of them!

My school is Canyon Springs SChool. My own children have attended since its 2006 opening. I have been a teacher there since 2007. I could not be happier on every level. We are now an accredited STEM Academy and offer Deer Valley's Renaissance program as well. Our administrator's are top notch! Every year brings new and exciting learning opportunities and positive growth! I highly recommend our school!

Having taught at other schools in Deer Valley, I have found Canyon Springs to be much more supportive of teachers, staff, students, as well as the community it serves, than many other schools. Our focus is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), which is truly what our students need to be successful in the future. However, I also like the fact that the Arts and Humanities have not been left behind. This will ensure that our students are more prepared for the future. The Canyon Springs students, families, and community are wonderful to work with, and I think this school is on track to becoming one of the best schools in the region.

Last modified Canyon Springs is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.