Anthem, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted May 04, 2014
We had several schools to choose from in the Anthem area, but Canyon Springs is the school for my children. The students and parents are very nice and down to Earth. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to education. The ladies in the front office are so very sweet and helpful. Even though this is a STEM school, I love the fact that they still offer students the opportunity to participate in fine arts. My children and I very much enjoyed the school's very first musical! Canyon Springs may not be our home school, but my children truly feel like they are home.

Canyon Springs 2

Posted September 25, 2013
I've been going to this school for 8 years now, this year being my last, and I can say this hasn't been a great school. I haven't been to any others so I can't really compare. The only plus I can say is that the teachers are for the most part really nice, as long as you're not causing trouble. Everything else is a negative. The admins are terrible, the food is revolting, and countless of other things. I've also been bullied every year after 4th grade, and it's not just the kids. Once when I was eating my home made lunch, the monitors commented saying, "Don't you think that's a bit too much" and forced me to throw it away. So if you care for your children's well being, choose a different school.

Posted September 23, 2013
I love this school! They offer many gifted services as well as services for special needs kids. The principle is wonderful. She has proven to be an excellent leader and the teachers are great as well. I have the option and access to several top rated charter schools in the area and would choose Canyon Springs over any of them!

Posted June 03, 2013
My school is Canyon Springs SChool. My own children have attended since its 2006 opening. I have been a teacher there since 2007. I could not be happier on every level. We are now an accredited STEM Academy and offer Deer Valley's Renaissance program as well. Our administrator's are top notch! Every year brings new and exciting learning opportunities and positive growth! I highly recommend our school!

Posted September 16, 2012
Having taught at other schools in Deer Valley, I have found Canyon Springs to be much more supportive of teachers, staff, students, as well as the community it serves, than many other schools. Our focus is STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), which is truly what our students need to be successful in the future. However, I also like the fact that the Arts and Humanities have not been left behind. This will ensure that our students are more prepared for the future. The Canyon Springs students, families, and community are wonderful to work with, and I think this school is on track to becoming one of the best schools in the region.

Posted August 25, 2012
I have worked at this school for a few years now, and all I can say is that it keeps improving. The new principal truly puts our students' needs first. She has worked with the teachers to make sure they are differentiating and flexible ability grouping to meet all of our students' needs, no mater what level they are working at. In the last two years the school has also earned great academic growth scores, even better than the neighboring charter schools...

Posted March 10, 2011
When it comes to Parent to Teacher communication and problem solving. I give it five stars!!! Despite classroom size; the teachers' strive to create great learning experiences. I have one child that completed 8th grade now in I.B program at Barry, and one student currently enrolled in 6th grade. Not to mention, that there is ZERO tolerence for bullying at this school. despite no morning recess, and short lunch recess. My kids while at this school are creating fun learning memories in classroom setting!

Posted November 20, 2009
My daughter is in 2nd grade and her teacher Mrs. Hansen is a great teacher even though there is 29 children in her classroom. I think that it is to many children in one class but I have to say Mrs. Hansen is on top of everything when it comes to are children. She has been a blessing for my daughter and now my daughter loves to read and be in school. I just have to say for me it's been a wonerful year so far for my daughter and I. Hope next year is just a good.

Canyon Springs 1

Posted August 03, 2009

Canyon Springs 4

Posted June 03, 2009
I love this school! We've been in AZ for 2 years and chose CS out of the other schools in the area because it was the newest school here. Yes, growing pains are being experienced but it's exciting to be a part of creating an outstanding school for this community! Getting involved and supporting the students, faculty and staff have proven to be a positive experience for myself and my children. CS rocks!

Canyon Springs
42901 N. 45th Avenue, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Canyon Springs is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Springs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top