Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My own children have attended CS since its 2006 opening. I have been a teacher here since 2007. I could not be happier on every level. We are now an accredited STEM Academy and offer Deer Valley's Renaissance program as well. Our administrator's are top notch! Every year brings new and exciting learning opportunities and positive growth! I highly recommend our school!

If all you know is an Arizona education, this school would be great. However, we moved to Anthem last summer from another state. Our child , an eighth grader, was in all advanced classes in Texas and I was reassured that she would be just as challenged there. Only one teacher challenged her and would give her additional work and quizzes. The overall curriculum was too slow and easy. During group work, she would be the one to do all the work and she hated this, but her grade depended on it. The curriculum was so bad we decided to move back over Christmas break. This was the sole reason we moved back! She was in math and science tutoring from January to May just to catch up with her peers here. Once back in Texas, in her first week of school, she was assigned 6 major individual projects and since she was in advanced science, it was mandatory for her to participate in the science fair. However, she absolutely loved her language arts teacher, Mrs. Warner, and considers her, her favorite teacher of ALL time. Mrs. Grimm was also a good teacher she said. Overall, the lack of respect and apathy from the students along with a subpar curriculum gave us no choice but to move back to Texas. The good school rating is not the same equilavent to other states, at least not Texas. Families from other states need to do their due diligence to keep from making a costly move, in more ways than one.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

The Curriculum was too easy and common core should be replaced. Texas modifies their common core.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Very little homework and a non challenging curriculum!

Not only is the principal incredibly involved in a humble way, leading by example, the entire staff is amazing. There is no other way to say it: we left Diamond Canyon because of the incredibly bad environment it was. The principal stifles teachers, and the staff don't ever smile. Canyon springs is absolutely amazing. I have children in the Renaissance academy there and one in regular class, and hands down they receive the best education in the best environment in Anthem. Don't go just on ratings....this school is an A plus school, both on the books and to many of its students and their parents.

I really wish I had something good to say about this school. We really wanted to like it. We recently moved from another state and a highly rated school district within that state. Moving back to Phoenix, we knew that we would probably not get the same quality of school as where we moved from, but we were never prepared for a school like this. One of the reasons we chose our home in Anthem was because it was within walking distance to Canyon Springs, and that was a huge bonus for us. We were not impressed from day 1. Orientation was a nightmare. The school is poorly laid out. The teachers at orientation seemed flustered, overwhelmed and confused. Nobody could answer my questions. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and let it go. As we left orientation I tried to ask the VICE PRINCIPAL where my 1st grader could meet his siblings to walk home and he had NO idea. The teacher didn't know...nobody knew. Um, not good. On the first day the teacher left my 1st grader in his classroom by himself at the end of the day and finally his siblings figured out where to go get him. From there things went from bad to worse. The 6th graders are literally out of control. They cuss, they yell, they bully each other, they throw things. It go so bad in the lunchroom that all 6th graders now have assigned seating. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. The teachers are beyond irritated with all the kids and I really can't blame them. My 4th grader has been tackled and jumped by an 8th grader more than once while walking into school. Just yesterday a fellow classmate told him he was going to beat him up at recess. My 6th grader has been repeatedly bullied. He has been called horrible names and at one point pushed into another teacher at lunch who did NOTHING. I emailed the school about it and never even got a reply. My 1st grader had an accident on picture day, before pictures were taken, and nobody even called me. He never has accidents and when I asked him why, he said he gets in trouble if he asks to use the restroom at the beginning of class. I am done...pulling all my kids out this week and enrolling elsewhere. Nothing could be worse than this school....

Amount of homework: Agree

2nd grade has been the best year yet! My daughter gets a manageable packet of work to complete throughout the week. She isn't overwhelmed and is still able to play with her friends after school. When she is stuck she knows she can wait and get help from her teacher if it is an area she isn't ready to do alone.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Student Council recently started a cool thing called the It Factor. Students are rewarded for showing character leadership traits. My daughter was recognized for first quarter. These types of activities help promote a culture of integrity!

My kids are challenged, loved, and taught to be problem solvers, hard workers, and to never stop learning. I love Canyon Springs and the amazing opportunities they provide. My girls are in Science Club and Environmental Club. They love helping make the school a better place and working with the turtles!

This is my first year teaching at Canyon Springs, and it is the best experience I have had so far. The Admin and other teachers are friendly and supportive. All of our staff works together great and creates an engaging and challenging environment for all of our students. There are many systems in place that keep the campus organized and running efficiently. I couldn't ask for a better work environment.

Last modified Canyon Springs is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.