Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 11, 2015
2nd grade has been the best year yet! My daughter gets a manageable packet of work to complete throughout the week. She isn't overwhelmed and is still able to play with her friends after school. When she is stuck she knows she can wait and get help from her teacher if it is an area she isn't ready to do alone.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
My daughters have both led their conferences after report cards come home. They explain the areas they have done well and the areas they are working on. They take such pride and ownership in their work!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
The NJHS, NEHS, Environmental Club, and various grade levels hold different service projects throughout the year. I know 3rd grade just made ornaments for the VA Hospital. The school is also doing a food drive and blanket drive for people in need. These opportunities have helped my girls think about others and how they can help out.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
The Student Council recently started a cool thing called the It Factor. Students are rewarded for showing character leadership traits. My daughter was recognized for first quarter. These types of activities help promote a culture of integrity!

Posted December 11, 2015
My kids are challenged, loved, and taught to be problem solvers, hard workers, and to never stop learning. I love Canyon Springs and the amazing opportunities they provide. My girls are in Science Club and Environmental Club. They love helping make the school a better place and working with the turtles!

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 11, 2015
My oldest daughter has been at Canyon Springs for 3 years now and my youngest 2. The teachers are so dedicated and loving to them. They work hard to build a community where my kiddos want to be at school and want to learn! It has not been easy and the growth they have both shown is amazing. I am so thankful for Canyon Springs and am blessed to be a part of such a great school family.

Posted December 08, 2015
This is my first year teaching at Canyon Springs, and it is the best experience I have had so far. The Admin and other teachers are friendly and supportive. All of our staff works together great and creates an engaging and challenging environment for all of our students. There are many systems in place that keep the campus organized and running efficiently. I couldn't ask for a better work environment.

Posted May 04, 2014
We had several schools to choose from in the Anthem area, but Canyon Springs is the school for my children. The students and parents are very nice and down to Earth. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to education. The ladies in the front office are so very sweet and helpful. Even though this is a STEM school, I love the fact that they still offer students the opportunity to participate in fine arts. My children and I very much enjoyed the school's very first musical! Canyon Springs may not be our home school, but my children truly feel like they are home.

Canyon Springs 2

Posted September 25, 2013
I've been going to this school for 8 years now, this year being my last, and I can say this hasn't been a great school. I haven't been to any others so I can't really compare. The only plus I can say is that the teachers are for the most part really nice, as long as you're not causing trouble. Everything else is a negative. The admins are terrible, the food is revolting, and countless of other things. I've also been bullied every year after 4th grade, and it's not just the kids. Once when I was eating my home made lunch, the monitors commented saying, "Don't you think that's a bit too much" and forced me to throw it away. So if you care for your children's well being, choose a different school.

Posted September 23, 2013
I love this school! They offer many gifted services as well as services for special needs kids. The principle is wonderful. She has proven to be an excellent leader and the teachers are great as well. I have the option and access to several top rated charter schools in the area and would choose Canyon Springs over any of them!

42901 N. 45th Avenue, Anthem, AZ  85086
Last modified Canyon Springs is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon Springs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top