No rating

The Caepe School

Private | K-10 | 86 students

We are best known for individualized programs.

Student diversity

Living in Anthem

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $199,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Posted January 8, 2014

While the school started out with a very good concept, the implementation left a lot to be desired. The school did not follow a structured curriculum, instead being encouraged to be "flexible" and basically wing it. You may build it and they may come but when my child's scores dropped below his public school counterparts (while being in their gifted program), then it's time to leave. Fantastic and experienced teachers who just aren't listened to by the administrator. Advice: while your "individualized" approach is quite commendable, you still need to follow an actual curriculum.

Posted September 24, 2013

My son is attending Kindergarten there this year. He absolutely loves it! This is his second consecutive year, with the Caepe. I love it as well, all the parents are really nice, the staff, faculty. They really care for the children. I am sad to say that the school will be going charter next year, which means my son will not be attending this school, any longer when this comes into effect. I would say this school has all pro's, and no con's. I love the small class sizes, & caring teachers. I would recommend this school to anyone, I fell in love with this school, on week one, & always will.

Posted February 11, 2013

Between my wife and me, we have five kids, and the youngest has attended The Caepe School for the last two years. I can say from personal experience with schools all over the US, the academics at Caepe are far above any public school, and the atmosphere is more conducive to learning - not just about academics, but about life - than any school I or my children have experienced. The head of school cares about each student as if they were her own, and that level of caring is evident in the teachers and staff as well. Is the school or its faculty perfect? No, but nothing is. And any issues they've had with finances or anything else are far outweighed by the quality of education that is delivered. No issue has ever had a negative effect on my child, and that's what's important. One last thing: The kid who said that kids only attend Caepe because their parents make them couldn't be more wrong. Many students have to be made to leave at the end of the day because they want to stay. I've never seen a happier group of school kids - especially the teens and "tweens" who we've all seen moping around looking dejected at other schools. 5-stars is a no-brainer for me.

Posted September 22, 2012

My son currently attends the Kinder Readiness program and so far I would have to say his teacher is doing a great job. I have noticed a complete change in his speech and also how he comes home eager to share what he learns throughout the day I also love how when I come to pick him up it's the same teacher that I dropped him off with. I love the small class sizes which allows for attentive 1 on 1 time with each child. The children all seem to get along very well too. My husband and I so far are very impressed with this school. and would gladly suggest this school to anyone.

Posted June 22, 2012

We attended this school for one year in the 11/12 school year. The review from the student on August 12, 2011 is much more accurate than the cheer leading from the other parents. First, be aware that in 11/12 the high school they had started shut down. Also K-8 attendance has greatly dropped, from nearly 100 to less than 30 students as of this writing. Second, as to the "great teachers", of the teachers there during our school year, 3 lost their jobs due to school financial issues, 1 was fired, and more will not be returning for the 12/13 year because they left the school by choice. The schools finances? Tenuous at best, due to previously relying on fundraising to subsidize 20% of their tuition. Now they don't do that, but tuition went up 40% this year If you are looking for a school that is an extension of your home values you will not find it here. Even with the small student body they were not able to manage the name calling, taunting, etc. Somehow no staff ever saw it going on (or they turned a blind eye). The academics were great, and our child learned a great amount, but the environment matters too and the environment of this school was very disappointing.

Posted November 23, 2011

My child is attending the full day Kindergarten Readiness program (preschool) and loves it. She is happy to go to school each day and loves her teachers. I, as a parent, feel my child is well cared for physically, emotionally and academically. The Caepe offers a broad range of learning opportunities which keeps learning fresh and fun. My family is happy we chose the Caepe. Looking forward to Kindergarten next year.

Posted August 12, 2011

I went to The Caepe with the hope that I would complete high school there. Unfortunately or "fortunately" it did not work out that way. I am living proof that The Caepe does not accept you for "total individual". I was looked down upon for being me. Every person there is formed from the directors point of view. If you vary from that, she makes you feel bad about yourself. The education was just as good as any public school in Anthem. I actually enjoy public school better because the teachers actually care and bring out the best in me. And they didnt charge you for extra help like the Caepe does. I dont recommend this school. The truth is the students who go there are forced by their parents. Its not their choice.

Posted July 13, 2011

Our student completed kindergarten at The Caepe. It was our best decision. Every student learned to read with both phonics and sight words. By the end of the year they were all reading stories independently. They learned to count money, read a clock, count well past 100, do addition and subtraction in their heads, beginning contractions, numberlines and word problems to name a few. They learned oodles of info about Earth science and biology. In history they even learned about the 13 original colonies and stories about the US presidents. Spanish was also introduced into daily work. There were two school musical performances. Overall it was both an excellent academic choice and a very warm, caring enviroment. Our student loves school as a result of the personal attention provided.

Posted July 13, 2011

This is the best Kindergarten available. Personal attention, excellent curriculum, the most amazingly bright and enthusiastic teacher. This school offers just about everything you could ever want in a Kindergarten class for your child. It truly nurtures a love of learning. We were continuously impressed with the challenging curriculum and how well our child mastered it.

Posted May 22, 2009

I am a eigth grader at the caepe school and I absoultly love it. I have learned so much, even more than just history, math, and reading. I learned how to care and to love, to accept everybody and how to be respectful and a friend. This is honestly a blessing to me and an oppurtunity of a life-time to go to a school like this.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 10, 2009

I have two children that attend this school and I couldn't be more pleased. It is a caring and stimulating environment for them to learn. The faculty are like family and take the time to do what's right for each student individually. Both my children love to go to school at the Caepe.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Russian
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

• SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses
  • Summer college prep programs

• Tamara Lee
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Band
Performing arts
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Uniforms
  • The caepe school welcomes and even relies on parent volunteerism. each parent is welcome to "plug in" according to his or her own strengths. as a non-profit school, the caepe school relies heavily on fund-raising efforts to offset the costs of school operations. parent involvement in fund-raising has been instrumental in the success of the caepe school.

Apply now

What does it cost?

Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
Summer college prep programs
College prep programs/courses during the year
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
SAT/ACT prep classes