Apache Junction, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,400

Posted July 24, 2013
In my opinion, this school is one of the best 10 schools in the US

Posted May 28, 2013
We have had some good and some bad experiences with AJHS. We like the music program and ROTC, for example, but the school is focused on teachers only and there's not much discipline or attempt to really teach the students. Performance academically is poor and most kids don't get any help - they are ignored. This school is overrated as an 8; more like a 4 and continuing in decline. They have a lot of teen pregnancies it is known and they don't do anything about it - their "solution" is to have classes where girls carry toy babies around and I find this APPALING. The teachers make no attempt to keep students up to date or to assist them when they need help, so there is no "teaching" as we would define it. This school as lost the battle; they have a teacher's union that's all about the teachers and they've abandoned the students almost completely. AJHS adds up to four wasted years for many students due to neglect of academics; a failure to deliver teaching on basic skills everyone needs to survive when they graduate.

Posted May 02, 2013
I like this school.it's cool enough to go to.there a lot of different ethnical groups here.

Posted April 25, 2013
Horrible, horrible place. Constant cuts, teachers leaving, bad instruction. Don't send your kids here. They lie about benefits to new teachers, this is certainly not a happy place to educate students.

Posted January 03, 2012
AJHS is the best i went there couldnt finish my highschool there but i went there 9th and 10th grade and i have learned alot there yes it has some problems like all schools do but there u will have the time of your life :) great teachers too.

Posted July 21, 2011
I went to AJHS for all 4 years I'm not saying that in any way the school was perfect because its far from it most of my teachers were great but there are always the bad ones. The student community is very seperated and everyone had their own little group of friends just like any other school and not all of them got along. Through the years the violence and "illegal activity" dramaticaly decreased. The budget cuts are killing the school many teachers and classes have been cut to make up the loss in funding. BUT student and staff are very helpful to new students and parents finding classes and creating a schedule was always easy and painless. I was not an A student in any means and barely graduated due to my own choices but I learned more then just the academics I learned a lot of life lessons due to the choices and consiquences of others. No matter how popular or outcasted your child is they will have no problem making friends here. AJHS has a very negative reputation from people WHO HAVE NOT ATTENDED FOR MORE THEN A YEAR sorry if the enviroment is a little too real for them but I would not have a problem enrolling my child in this school because it is what you make of it.

Posted March 19, 2011
This school is in need of more competent teachers, who exhibit knowledge of subject matter, and possess the ability to teach it in a professional manner. There are a few teachers, who have shared personal information regarding their dissatisfaction with pay, and fear of losing their jobs. Why do students need to hear teacher's complaints? This is not to say that A.J.H.S. does not have competent teachers. They do! The principal is a leader.

Posted October 12, 2010
Absolutely terrible school. My experience there was tremendously bad. Most of the kids at the school excluded others and tormented kids who were different than them. Violence, drugs and gangs infest this disease ridden school and I for one, couldn't stand it. I went for about a year, and then switched schools. Now, I know that most kids are immature and haven't really a sense of the world around them yet, but seriously... they could be a tad bit more competent. This school has some of the worst students in the entire state of Arizona. The teachers were decent, but some were just completely ignorant of the subject of "teaching". If you are considering sending your child to this school, I would rethink and possibly look at alternatives, unless your child wants to come home every day feeling empty and worthless due to harassment from other students. I know I did...

Posted March 22, 2010
it alright the buget cuts are killing them the teachers are great. there is no principle involement.the coaches are great too. they should have more activeties to intergrade the students(kind of like bonding)

Apache Junction High School

Posted September 16, 2009
it is a great high school for kids to learn...

Apache Junction High School
2525 S Ironwood Dr, Apache Junction, AZ  85120
Last modified Apache Junction High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apache Junction High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top