Bad
Good

Cactus Canyon Junior High School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
In my opinion, the best elective to take is any elective that Mr. Davis. He's a great teacher and makes learning fun for the students. I haven't met a single person who doesn't like his classes.

Posted September 24, 2013
Cactus Canyon is a great school! We have many electives such as journalism which I have been taking for two years. It is an amazing class. Students from Journalism Two write for the school blog. See our school blog at: http://cougarnewsblog.com/ Comment please!

Cactus Canyon Junior High School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
In my opinion If you dont know what elective to take, i think the best one would be, Mr. Davis. Hes like the best teacher, with the funnest personally!

Posted August 12, 2011
This year I was nervous about starting a new school but overall this school has made me feel very comfortable. It is the 4th day of school and I feel like I fit right in. As far as "innappropriate behavoir" there are a couple people of course but this a very controled school. The principle is excellent. If you are thinkin of not sending you child here you should have them come here. CCJH is the only school so far in the country that uses laptops instead of text books! Also the phisical fitness is very pushed at this school! And also the food is great and they are based off th the governments "my plate" it isa balanced food plate! The teachers sre great and so are all of the extra curricular activities@ Every year you have the option to go to catilina island or sea world at a reasonable cost! BEST SCHOOL EVER!

Posted May 04, 2011
I'll admit we were nervous about the two schools merging, but it's turned out to be a easy transition. My daughter loves all her teachers and enjoys her classes very much. She's increased her GPA since attending CCJH and I feel the teachers all really care about their students achievement. The principal is highly involved and stays very active throughout the day. I make it a priority to visit the office and when I do, I'm always greeted nicely. The AIMS and benchmark scores will all show scores of some major improvements for 2011 once posted.

Cactus Canyon Junior High School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
I am really concerned about the AIMS scores with this school - they are below what other schools are - especially the math. My daughter is supposed to attend this school - but I have her in another, due to what I am seeing with the schools test scores. I would like her to be in her own district - but not at the risk of a lower education. Can the Cactus Canyon staff look into this?

Posted April 23, 2011
This was the first year that CCJH was open and we are thrilled that the school met or exceeded our expectations in many areas. The principal is a top-notch leader and expects excellence from academics to athletics. He is persoanlly involved in all areas with the students and teachers and they respond well to him. There are challenging classes available including high school level courses. There is a competitive sports program with knowledgable coaches. Technology is a priority and students entering 7th grade receive notebook computers instead of textbooks. The principal and staff care about the students and go out of their way to teach them that character matters and to help them succeed!

Posted December 16, 2010
my cougar life class was so awsome only i only have it half the year

Posted November 08, 2010
I have 1 child that went to this school and is now in high school and another currently attending CCJH. Both have really enjoyed their time there. The teachers care about their students and really want them to learn and succeed. Not only in the classroom, but also in life. I am very happy with the education my children are receiving.

Posted March 13, 2010
My daughter attended this school and she really liked Mr. Davis. She was only there for a short time but he has made a very positive impact on her life. She loves to write now whereas the year before she hated writing and did not know the six traits until Mr. Davis made it fun and understandable. Mr. Davis is the best.

Cactus Canyon Junior High School
801 West Southern Ave, Apache Junction, AZ  85220
Last modified Cactus Canyon Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.