Posted September 05, 2014
Although I rated this school 4 stars, I must say the nurse has got to go. She is the most insensitive person I have ever met! The is out right hateful to the children and even pulled my 5 year olds hair at an assembly as she was looking for a place to sit in order to direct her.

Posted August 10, 2011
Well first of all the staff that we had contact with seem very confused and stressed out. Very high lack of communication. After being told by several people that our children will be going to Desert Vista, so we purchased uniforms and school supplies to prepare to start school.. Let me say We were not prepared when we got a call from the principal (Nice Lady). she informed us that our kids were at the wrong school according to our address. Why is there so much chaos and B.S. within the school/school district? Is there a lack of understanding and comprehension of how a school should be ran. But like I told my wife this might all be a blessing in disguise, Maybe they weren meant to go tro that school. by how rundown it is I dont think it should even be open...........

Posted November 05, 2010
Great school, Mrs. Mittendorf is an awesome teacher. My child is learning more than other kids do in the other school districts.

Posted August 13, 2010
When we started at this school 7 years ago it was a much diffrent school. This Mrs. Sanchez doesn't care about this school and does not treat the children or the parents with respect. she is dropping the standered every year in the 4 she has been there. The teachers are all new every year. LOTS of turn over. The ones who were there for for years have almost all left. We are pulling our kids out.

Posted July 30, 2010
Do not let this happen to your children! I m not saying do not send your children to D.V., but rather if you have a bully issue or any issue you must DEMAND proof that the issue has been resolved or that discipline has been handed out.

Desert Vista Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2010
I am dissatisfied with this school. I was a volunteer all year long and have seen many things that bothered me. My sons Kindergarten teacher was ill and had to leave. His class was always noisy and it took awhile to find a replacement. Classrooms need consistancy at this early age. Principle was always taking sides of the teachers and not an advocate for the parents. She is very hard to talk to and has not one time thanked myself for all the hard work I have put into this school. Teachers are all changing next year and so who knows what will happen. We cannot request a teacher anymore because the principle will not allow it. I'm looking for a new school for this upcoming year. On the positive the teachers that are currently there I will say the majority are very good, but most of them are now leaving.

Desert Vista Elementary School 0

Posted April 01, 2009
This school is very strong in advocating for its students academically from the principal to all of the staff! Children are treated fairly and with respect. Five stars to the special education and music departments

Desert Vista Elementary School 5

Posted December 18, 2008

Posted December 16, 2008
My children are new to this school and we could not be happier. They are in 1st and 3 rd grade and they love their teachers. My 1st graders is learning so much, and I owe it all to the positive influence in the classroom and of course the awesome teacher. Its's nice to know my child loves to get up and go to school. Beside math, reading , and writing their are doing science exsperiments and she is reading, what more can I ask for. Where was the teacher when I was young.

Desert Vista Elementary School 5

Posted May 21, 2008
I am very happy with this school. The teachers are helpful and communicate with parents. The school is very inviting and they have a lot of great activities to involve the children.

Desert Vista Elementary School
3701 E Broadway Avenue, Apache Junction, AZ  85219
Last modified Desert Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top