PK-6 & Ungraded
Apache Junction, AZ

Superstition Mountain Elementary School 2

Posted January 15, 2013
When my family moved from Mesa to Apache Junction I did my homework investigating nearby schools and even reading reviews on this website and I chose Superstition Mountain...what a disappointment! My children are in kindergarten and 2nd grade and both children have NO challenge what so EVER to accomplish everything before them. There curriculum is so simple and basic they make NO effort to challenge their students. Its so sad how they have come to this conclusion that the education they provide is adequate. If your child is truly intelligent and special they won't make any effort to challenge them because that would cost them more money instead they will just give them enough to keep their test scores high to continue receiving government funding. So if you want your child to JUST MAKE IT then enroll them here and I promise your child will be another cookie cutter. But if you want your child to go places, excel and receive the VERY BEST education take them somewhere else!!! PLEASE!! I spoke to their teachers, school psychologist and principal and they are all mediocre people with no real substance or goal...and it will just rub off on your kids. Its TRULY SAD, waste of a building.

Posted July 30, 2010
This school has Excellent teachers, The staff and other students give this school a family atmosphere. My child has gone to this school since grade K. This school will often have large fantastic family night functions, that impact my child greatly for years to come. The teachers will go the extra mile for each and every student to make sure they succeed to the next level in life.

Posted June 10, 2008
I have seen a lot of improvement with the changing of principals. The new principal seems to actually care about the children and what is going on. Thank goodness that counselor is gone. What a giant joke that man was. Talking down to the children if they so much as socialized at lunch.

Superstition Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2008
The students are great at this school, and most of the teachers are dedicated to the students! The principal loves kids, but does not know how to treat her staff very well. Unfortunately, there are a lot of good teachers leaving at the end of the school year.

Posted March 24, 2008
My son is a second grader who has attended since Kindergarten. From, Ms.Lavoie, to Mrs. James, to Mrs. Gonzales, my son is a learning machine. He is reading at a 3.5 grade level, he is confident and well rounded. New principal is very nice. Anyone who comes into any job after a long time person leaves knows it can be very difficult to bring people to change. She had awesome shoes to fill and I believe she has done that well. I am impressed with all the staff at this school and look forward to the next 3 school years. jamie meinecke, a parent

Posted February 11, 2008
My child is in the fifth grade. She has wonderful teachers for each subject and I can tell she is learning alot. Her reading and math facts have improved tremendously this year.

Posted January 19, 2008
I have had several children attend SMES, good school overall. I recommend however that all parents read the fifth grade social studies textbook and familarize themselves with how the curriculum is now completely captured by socialist/liberal ideology. I researched the problem because my daughter was coming home with strange historical ideas and prejudices that a child could not think up themselves.

Posted May 15, 2006
This school was great for my first grader.

Superstition Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2006
This district has done a great job aligning their curriculum and standards to the state standards. They have also improved their technology standards and teaching from high school to kindergarten. Their literacy plan, although scattered at times, teaches studnets at their level and much care has been taken to train their teachers in the plan. Although many of the teachers at this school are excellent and highly qualified, I feel enough is not done to stop high teacher turnover. We are losing many of our best teachers to other schools or districts who either value their teachers more or pay them more. Another concern is the lack of an art program or a computer teacher. Our less linear students need an outlet to help them focus on reading, writing and math. There are some extracurricular activities, but more students would be served if teachers were compensated for this extra time.

Superstition Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2006
The K teacher is wonderful. The teachers are not in tune with my children's needs. Although the principal is caring, her staff needs to follow suit. I am extremely unhappy with the academics of this school and the uncaring words spoken by both the teachers and the assistant principal. I am seeking other options currently.

550 South Ironwood Drive, Apache Junction, AZ  85220
Last modified Superstition Mountain Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Superstition Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top