Apache Junction, AZ

Posted May 06, 2010
So yea, i go to this school (8th grade booyaa) and i love it! the staff are always so happy and cheerful. I moved here from nyc and hated it. Now it's like my second home. I love all of my teachers. Though i must admit, social studies we learn nothing basically and i don't get why they separate 'reading' and 'language arts' in new york, we call it english! it's a pretty good school, gonna miss it next year if i go to skyline or ajhs. I can't believe the school is closing down! waaaa

Posted September 28, 2009
Thunder Mountain Middle School School is the best school that I've been to. I have been going here since 6th grade. Right now I am in 7th grade. The school has really fun teachers. Some teacher also have tutoring after school for students that need extra help they also have treage(extra) class for students that are falling behind or failing in their math class.They have after school activities and band so personaly I think that this is the best school that I have ever been to.

Posted October 04, 2008
Great atmosphere. Safe, and a place where students want to be.

Posted October 04, 2008
This is the first year that my child has loved going to school and is excelling. The teachers are extremely helpful. The school is night and day from where we came from.

Posted April 03, 2008
This school is a very good school. All the teachers are vrey nice. I've been going here for 3 years and i love it! We learn a lot of good things. Don't be hatin.

Posted August 20, 2007
Staff really care about the students. Absolutely a wonderful learning atmospher.

Thunder Mountain Middle School 4

Posted August 20, 2007
I have recently moved here from ny and I am so impressed with this school

Thunder Mountain Middle School 4

Posted April 06, 2006
Social studies and science are full year courses and PE is offered either by quarter or by full year. Sports are open to everyone and everyone is encouraged/allowed to participate pretty equally. There seems to be a strong Parent/Teacher Organization that has hosted informative speakers and/or activities each month. I have not heard of any issues with violence, fighting, or drugs/alcohol within the school.

Thunder Mountain Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2005
The academic curriculum is greatly lacking in social studies, science and foreign language. There are no foreign language classes. Science and social studies alternate as half-year programs. Yet, they have a full year of phys. ed. every day. After school activities are virtually non-existent except for sports. The Art Club is selective and very few are selected. Many of the teachers lack the skills required to teach their classes.

Posted September 05, 2003
I loved having my daughter at TMMS. She had attended Mesa and Gilbert schools prior to 6th grade and her experience with this school was a safe, fun, challenging, an awesome experience in and outside the classroom.

3700 E. 16th Avenue, Apache Junction, AZ  85219
Last modified Thunder Mountain Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8
Thunder Mountain Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top