Apache Trail High School

Charter | 9-12 | 164 students

We are best known for commitment to student success!

Posted August 24, 2013

This school has a great group of teachers, compared to larger schools, that really don't teach individually, I have a GRADUATE from here and another in 2015, Both have shown a huge improvement since attending the school. I'm also very impressed with the school involvement with the community,and getting the kids involved too. It was nice to hear my student tell me he couldn't wait to start school . The football program is an excellent way for the students to get guided in a path to success plus get rid of some frustration. I as a parent give a great amout of credit to the Coaches because they do such a wonderful job shaping these kids from kids to adults. I am a proud parent of 2 Wolfpack students Thank You Apache Trail...Go Wolfpack.

Posted August 1, 2013

aths is a great school my students were not the greatest but aths still took them and now I have a graduate and another about to because of the one on one and the best teachers it the state

Posted November 9, 2012

This is a great school with top notch teachers. My children are very happy and having fun while learning at the same time.

Posted August 10, 2012

Apache Trail Has an A! Check out the Press Release 08/08/12: Apache Trail High School Earns an A First year that alternative schools receive a grade under the new A-F accountability model. Apache Junction, Ariz., August 8, 2012 Apache Trail High School (ATHS), located at 945 W. Apache Trail, received an A-Alt grade from the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). The designation A-Alt is the letter grade of A earned by an alternative school. The ADE published the grades for all Arizona schools on August 2. This year there are three additional letter grade models designed for small, K-2 and alternative schools, The new system for alternative schools takes into consideration relevant student growth data for schools that often must help their students raise their academic performance by two-to-three grade levels. ATHS has earned the Alt-A designation by working with their students to identify learning gaps through regular classroom instruction, benchmark testing and other means. .... ....For the rest of the PRESS RELEASE, cut and paste the following address in your browser: http://www.apachetrailhs.com/1/post/2012/08/august-06th-2012.html
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 26, 2012

I used to go to AJ, then I went to Imagine -- Now I go to ATHS. The people they have at this school are awesome. The teachers are so cool and they help no matter what. It may not look like much from the outside, but its so awesome on inside. I can't wait to get my classes done and graduate early. I tell all my friends about the Wolfpack

Posted May 23, 2011

Apache Trail is by far the BEST high school I've been to. I transferred from Apache Junction High School because I didn't feel I was getting the amount of attention I needed to complete my classes. I enrolled into Apache Trail in October of 2010. Since being at Apache Trail, I've earned straight A's all the way through, with the amazing help from Mr.Harris, Coach Howe, and Mr.Brown. I'm honored to be a member of the Wolfpack. I highly reccomend this school for anybody who wants the best education in Apache Junction.

Posted August 9, 2009

I have to say, without Apache Trail High School I never would have graduated at sixteen. The small class sizes allow excellent instruction and help, the students can really relate to teachers, and the principal is by far the best I've had. This school doesn't get the credit it deserves. Thank you Coach Howe, Ms. Blaisdell, Mr. Brown... without you guys I wouldn't be where I am. Trust me, this school is worth it. Every time.

Posted February 18, 2009

This school saved my daughter's life. Without ATHS, I'm not sure she would have made it though to the end. Thank you teachers, staff and especially Mr. G, the principal -- you really do care.

Posted September 20, 2008

My daughter had trouble transitioning from private to public school. I home schooled for a year and then enrolled her in apex academy. she is doing great-she is getting a's and b's, the teachers give her the attention she requires due to extremely small class size, and she has made a few friends. My daughter's self confidence is soaring.

Posted March 26, 2008

I love the school, the teacher, the other students are great. Apache Trail High School rocks! I am really looking forward to our new football team. Goooooooooo Wolfpack! Peace out...

Posted December 11, 2007

Apache Trail HS has undergone some drastic change over the past 3 years. The teaching staff has mostly been replaced, the leadership is new and program has grown. All I have to say is bravo. The teachers at ATHS have always cared for their students, but it has gotten so much easier to communicate with them now. My children would not have excelled as they have done at ATHS if they were enrolled at a larger school. The teachers and staff truly care for the well-being of their students. I couldn t be happier.

Posted December 5, 2007

I may not be a parent, nor am I a teacher, but as a student of ATHS I am completely sastified. The teachers actually care; to them, we're not just another statistic. To them, we are living, breathing human beings. Unfortunately, most of us have had 'bad things' happen to us in our pasts, things I won't dwell on, and regrettably do have behavioral problems, but nothing that cannot be dwelt with with the minimal amount of discourse. Excuse me if I do not fit the stereotypical poor student image, but I love this school, because it's the first place I belonged, and could make friends I knew I could trust.

Posted October 23, 2006

As far as the teachers go they are decent when they want but they often play favoritism. I do not recommend this 'school' to anyone!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 15, 2003

My daughter was a student @ A.T.H.S.last year.We moved 16 miles away late last year.It was a very difficult decision,but we decided that the drive would be too much for her. We recently enrolled her into another school.The praise for apache trail was unending.The new school stated that apache trail had been great with transferring records and that our daughter was right on schedule with her credits.I will miss the staff @ apache trail.I felt that they were more than willing to openly communicate with me concerning my daughters grades and performance.I hope that we have the same open communication with the new school.

Posted July 8, 2003

Only want to help students if they live up to the teacher spectrum of 'perfection'. Teachers have been known to tell a student 'they can help other students if they are done with their work' one day and the next day jump down the students throat for doing so... Teachers definitely need to get their act together and the principal needs to realize that it is not always the student who is at fault. Will never recommend to someone if they really want an education.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 40%N/A47%
Female 46%N/A49%
Male 54%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Apache Junction Unified Schools
Mesa Unified Schools
Imagine Prep of Superstition
Colleges most students attend after graduation Central Arizona College
Northern Arizona University
Maricopa Community Colleges
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students College counselor(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Math specialist(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Continued NCA Accreditation since 2000 (2011)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Patriotic Citizens Award (2013)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)
  • Computer lab

Arts & music

Staff resources available to students
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Performing and written arts

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 1:45 pm
  • Greg Garland
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Block scheduling
Is there an application process?
Fax number
  • (480) 288-0340

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Core knowledge
  • Honors track
  • Standards-based
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• None
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• College counselor(s)
  • ELL/ESL Coordinator
  • Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Spanish
Extra learning resources offered
  • Career/college counseling
  • Remediation
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
  • Tutoring
  • Access to sports fields
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Creative writing
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)