Imagine Prep Superstition

Charter | 7-12 | 280 students

College Preparation and S.T.E.M Program

Posted September 30, 2014

The school bills itself as college prep, actually only in name. My child's textbooks are antiquated, the teachers and administration are unapproachable and rude. The e text books rarely work and my child often has to take pictures of the assignment with the cell phone. We will be looking for another school.

Posted April 17, 2014

Both my son and husband agree with me that we made the right decision last fall in sending our son to Imagine Prep. What a dedicated and caring staff and administration!! I've never seen my son so focused on his studies and involvement in activities. Thank you Imagine Prep!!

Posted January 9, 2014

Well, I've seen the reviews on the academics on Imagine Prep and couldn't agree more. Since this new administration has taken over I've seen tremendous growth and commitment, I know I made the right choice for my kids. I also want to comment on the growing Athletic Department; I was told there would be changes and additional opportunities and they weren't just talking. Last year I believe there was only varsity volleyball, soccer and basketball, this year they added varsity and junior high football, the cheerleading team, junior high basketball. I'm told they'll be adding a golf team and weight training club for the spring. This is a well rounded school and I'm elated my kids attend.

Posted September 23, 2013

My daughter is attending Imagine Prep again this year and we are both very excited about it. This year I have noticed some positive changes such as increased parent/teacher communication, more clubs and sports teams, as well as AP classes and Project Lead the Way. I really appreciate that the front office staff, administrators, and teachers are welcoming and supportive of my daughter. I would recommend this school for many reasons, but I would have to say that individualized attention is at the top of my list!

Posted August 28, 2013

My children have been attending Imagine Prep for a ccouple of years and it gets betterr each year. They love going to school and the admistration quickly and effectively addresses concerrns. I am proud to be associated with Imagine Schools!

Posted August 28, 2013

I'm impressed with this school's determination to be a real STEM school. The robotics programs are wonderful, the technology and science labs seem to fit together. I look forward to seeing this school continue to grow. I would recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to experience an education that prepares them for the future.

Posted August 25, 2013

You know what they say.... It starts from the TOP and this is oh so true at Imagine Prep Superstition! There is a great open door policy with the Principal, Academic Dean and Teachers. If you need help or simply need a question answered stop and talk to anyone at Imagine. They always make time for you and they value any time that you can give to the school. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted May 30, 2013

Most people think foster parents don't care about the children in their care, but that is not so. So with that stated. We placed two of our children in Imagine Prep hoping to give them a jump at life. Last year had some serious bumps both on the schools end and our childrens. During the summer we discussed how we should proceed; stay or go. Ofter much consideration and a few meetings with the new staff and principal Mr. Clark we opted to stay. For the record, we are well pleased. The school has provided an safe and nurturing environment for our children to excel. Thank you administration and staff. Posted again, I think my email with was wrong or not working correctly.

Posted May 24, 2013

Interesting to read the last few recent comments from "parents." Honestly, they seem a little fake. Anyone can come on here and create a review so take it all with a grain of salt. (Including staff/administration.) Its all in the deatials... The following is 100% We have attended Imagine Prep for 3 years and each year have witnessed many changes. This past school year has welcomed all new staff as well as administration. Promises at the beginning were not met fully and next year there are again "new promises." Overall I was disappointed. I feel that teacher communication was poor and needs improvement. Example: All year I'd only received 2 emails from same teacher, letting me know how well my child was doing in his class, thats it out of all the teachers. Lets face it, as a parent we want the best for our kids which is why we choose charter schools, many times we believe smaller overall class size will mean a better education & communication, not true. Bottom line,with all the money put into "new" programs to draw in new students and your student enrollment continues to drop....MESSAGE! Something is lacking. Best find out what it is and fix it or the school will have to close.

Posted March 26, 2013

I am very pleased with the progress of my child-she is exceeding in all of her classes and after school activities are exciting to participate in. Looking forward to enrolling my other children in the future.

Posted March 20, 2013

Very happy with my daughter coming here. They do a really great job making sure that their students are taken care of and the staff is very good at communicating with the parents.

Posted March 5, 2013

My granddaughter attends school at Imagine Prep and she seems to enjoy it. There is always something going on to participate in and always feel welcome when on campus.

Posted March 5, 2013

I am very pleased with the college prep environment that Imagine Prep is providing for my student. I am encouraged that my son will be successful in college and in his future.

Posted February 8, 2013

My daughter has been going to this school for two years. The first year went great. This school year is great as well. The project based learning is wonderful. It is very challenging and is exactly what my daughter needs to make it in the world today. The faculty and staff are amazing. I always know what is going on with my daughter. The teachers keep parents well informed. I am a very involved parent and cannot think of a reason not to send my daughter there.

Posted January 29, 2013

This is our first year at Imagine Prep. My daughter is in 7th grade. She has never been a really strong student, but with all the support she is now an A student. She truly enjoys Imagine Prep, I do as well. The teachers and staff do a great job making the kids feel like enpowered.

Posted October 30, 2012

I am so happy to have my kids go here. They really are learning on such a broad spectrum - I am very pleased. The curriculum is fantastic.

Posted October 30, 2012

Great staff! The teachers are very hands on in making sure that they kids are excelling everyday & I love the early college program. the difficulty and homework given is very manageable. We are both very happy.

Posted October 16, 2012

Imagine Prep Has gone down hill without breaks. There are few teachers that are good but the administration does not encourage real growth for the students. The classes are limited I would not recommend this school to anyone
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 31, 2012

When i first started going to the prep i was very amazed at the curriculum and the teachers that were present at the school. But when i came back my second year everything had changed. The beginning of the 2011-2012 went pretty smoothly but with change of administration A lot of things when downhill. Some very uncalled for things were happening At the school and made going there very miserable. It was allegedly a "college Prep" school but because of me going there i am not on track to graduate. I was denied essential classes and with no elective classes you where very limited to the choices you have. I also found out that they were not giving me credit for the a class that i passed. But might i say the teachers that were there gave 110% to making sure that the students would pass their classes. Without them i wouldn't have passed a single class. Sadly the teachers will not be returning next year so i would really advise not sending your children to this school. Its downgrading to more of an alternative school instead of preparing you for college.

Posted May 30, 2012

I appreciate the parent outreach at this school, I like that I can stay involved in my son's education. Also, the discipline policies are handled very professionally by the faculty and staff. My son had a problem with another student and not only did they talk with the boys, but they also brought both sets of parents in to ensure that everyone was on the same page. They kept me informed and updated even after the conference and everything went very smoothly because of the way they handled it.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

In 2013-2014 Arizona used the Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) to test students in reading and mathematics in grades 3 through 8 and 10, writing in grades 5, 6, 7, and 10, and in science in grades 4, 8 and 10. GreatSchools' profiles currently show AIMS mathematics, reading and writing results. 2013 AIMS grade 10 results represent on-track 10th graders for the 2013 test year. AIMS is a standards-based test, which means that it measures how well students have mastered Arizona learning standards. Students must pass the grade 10 AIMS in order to graduate. The goal is for all students to meet or exceed state standards on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 63% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 64% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 39% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 74% in 2014.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 58%N/A47%
Female 49%N/A49%
Male 51%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 2-year college 24% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 75% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 1% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 0% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 0% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Arizona State University
Northern Arizona University
University of Arizona
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
French
German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • High Performing Title I Reward School (2012)
  • AZ Learns - "A" (2012)

Special education / special needs

• Special education
Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Engineering

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
  • Frank Stirpe
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • website
  • Coed
Is there an application process?

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Science
  • Service learning
  • Special education
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Booster Club
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school