PK-4 & Ungraded
Arizona City, AZ

Posted May 13, 2014
How this school is even still operating is beyond me. First the principal publicly slandered me as a person. His demeanor and sexist comments were condescending. He treated me as though I was an uneducated housewife when this couldn't be further from the truth. To me, is not a good fit for an educator in any way. Second, the kindergarten class is under performing at levels that are lower than a daycare. There is no curriculum and upon moving to another state, my child is now in jeopardy of being held back for another year. All of the hours in the Kindergarten at Arizona City Elementary meant nothing but play time which did not prepare her for the core curriculum that is now being implemented. If you can, send your child to a school with better ratings, a charter school, a private school, even home school your child. This is a nightmare I would not wish on anyone.

Posted December 07, 2013
there will be a petition requesting the principle and the superintendents resignation for false allegations against teachers in this school. the investigation will prove this. for those of you interested in signing this petition, stay tuned for future changes for the good at this school.

Posted October 25, 2013
This District is run by a highly paid incompetent who doesn't respect the staff or support the staff. He is an antagonist. Supt. Brian McCleney runs the District by fiat. He is almost universally disliked and disrespected by the staff who work for him. This hurts the District and therefore the students. Supt. McCleney lives outside of the District, and has nothing in common with the needs of the students, parents, and staff who work there.

Toltec Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2012
My son attended Toltec for the 2011-2012 school year! I have had no problems, with school staff, or his teacher! I think they have high standerds for their student. I admit I was really concerned about placing my son in Toltec Elementry, due to all the negative commets! But I don't think this is a bad elemantry school, for Kindergarten anyway. Wish the hours were a bit longer, but what can we do? I think as parents we neet to step up and support the school other then complain about it, theres only so much the school can do on the little bit of money it has. I have never had a problem or supceted them to count my child as a dollar sign! They have always been kind and respectful to him. I just want to say thank you Mrs. Ostrander for your love and support for my son! Whenever I had a question or concern, I was always able to talk to my son's teacher! Or any other problem I alway's was treated with respect by the front office. This is our childs education, we should be backing up the scholl and the teachers. We should be voulteering to help out in the class rooms. We are sending out a postive message to our children when we support the school instead of talk neg. about it!

Toltec Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2011
I have 2 kids that go to Toltec one is in 3rd and 1 is in K. I am able to contact the school if I have any concerns about my children. my 3rd grader went to two other schools before this one and she seems to be doing a lot better here then the other schools.

Posted June 06, 2010
I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. There are other schools in surrounding areas that provide a MUCH higher quality education. School meals are horrible-sugary cereal bars and other low quality breakfast foods, and not much better in lunches. Students are treated as objects to get the school more money. Teachers are given very little support. Class sizes are going to double for the upcoming school year(30-36 kids in a class with 1 teacher). The best thing I can say about this school is that they made a great choice in their new dean of students.

Toltec Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I love Toltec Elementary school because they provide specail educational step for specail needs children who enter into mainstream classrooms.

Toltec Elementary School 5

Posted August 04, 2009
I have three children that go to Toltec school and I am very happy with the staff and the education that my children are getting. My husband was also a Toltec student when he was younger and still talks about how much he learned and how the children at Toltec are different than other schools that he had attended.

Toltec Elementary School 3

Posted May 12, 2009

Toltec Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2009
Being that this school is a poverty school, I think they are doing a great job. They try to give our children what they can with what they have. This may not be a #1 school by all means but it is a school and the only one in our district. So quit complaining parents and start helping the teachers out. They need parent volunteers and parents who care about their childrens education. Be that parent and give a helping hand to those teachers and I promise you will see that teaching isnt all fun and games its hard work.

Toltec Elementary School