Avondale, AZ
Students enrolled: 2,577

Westview High School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
Westview Highschool could use much improvement. It has been fine in the past years, but has recently gone downhill. At the beginning of the school year, they started a new schedule, which has caused many problems. There are only 2 lunches that are half an hour long each. There aren't enough tales for all the students, and not enough time to wait in the long lines and eat as well. The classes are only less than an hour long with the new schedule, limiting what students are able to do in classes that often required the whole 2 hours, like culinary, photography, science labs, and wellness. Students are also unable to spend as much time getting help from their teachers since they must be teaching until the bell in order to get enough information into one class period. Along with all the schedule problems, is Westview's unwillingness to change. Suggestions made by students and parents alike are dismissed without a second thought. If the staff of Westview hopes to make this school the best it can be, they need to stop ignoring these and show that they value the opinions of those who attend, or whose children attend the school.

Westview High School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
My school is very up and down which is right for a school. People have their good and bad days we are all human. Not all the teachers are helpful but through out my expiernce at westview high school I've learned a lot. This school has three amazing teachers that should be regonized Mr. Erekson , Ms.Neel , and also Mr. Conner. All three of these teachers are not only helpful with school but also with anything going on they are there to talk when you need it and help very much when need help in school they do the best they can they are the reason I'm graduating westview this year. Overall I like westview for how much spirt we have at this school my senior class has so much spirt and i hope that the following years have as much as we do. Yes westview has some faults like they care more about dress code then you being in class and they care so much about your ID but those are required even when you grown up in a professinol envirment. I love this school mostly for everything I've learned not just school wise but also people wise. I'm glad to be leaving though.

Posted October 07, 2013
I want to say how much my fianc and I enjoyed the football game last Friday night (10/4). We are new to the area and we love school-boy sports. After trying another school a few weeks ago, we thought our school games were over. The language was terrible and there was no support of the team. Westview was such a wonderful experience! We sat with so many kids, dressed up in the school colors, faces painted, supporting each other and the team. No foul language. No "F" word. No "N" word, and because we are senior citizens, we got in free!! This school is doing a good job!! Thanks to everyone, especially the young people for such a great time....GO KNIGHTS!!

Posted January 27, 2013
The school has provided excellent opportunities and counceling geared toward my daughter's gifted needs and desires for leadership opportunities. The diving coach is top notch. My child feels challenged and we appreciated it. The principal, Dr. Michelle Wilson, is extraordinary and has exceeded my expectations. She intends to raise the grade of the school and is taking steps to make it happen soon.

Posted March 30, 2010

Posted March 08, 2010
This school is great. It has one of the highest math scores in all of arizona. the teachers and staff are caring. There are maybe 4 fights a year with over 2400 kids attending. The electives are great *wood shop, piano) I would recommend to any parent.

Westview High School 4

Posted March 02, 2010
So far this school has been an excellent school they have a wonderful resource program and their testing is par none. I think they could do a little more improvement on their website for parent communication but other than that I am fairly pleased.

Posted December 01, 2009
when i was a student, i loved all the teachers and staff. everyone was friendly and i was always happy to wake up and go to school. All my teachers explained the work so well, and i always got my Homework done. When i moved, i had to switch schools, i realy miss Westview =(

Posted September 27, 2009

Westview High School 0

Posted August 28, 2009
yeah im in claass right now and this school is always fun, theres always something to do!

Westview High School
10850 W. Garden Lakes Parkway, Avondale, AZ  85353
Last modified Westview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top