Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

I've never seen my 5th, 6th or 7th grader come home with homework. Yet my 2nd grader who is struggling gets a packet that she cant complete on her own so we have to spend 2-3 hours a night catching her up. I'm wondering if they work in the classroom with the kids at all?

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They are not honest with their assessing the students. The just want kids to pass and don't teach them ANYTHING. It is very disappointing.

I have 5 children who are between 2nd and 8th grades currently. We came here from the Peoria district where my 7th grader was bused to the gifted magnet school for the area. He says he cant even hear in class because the teacher's just let the kids run wild and all the curriculum is from years previous. On the other side of the spectrum, my step-daughter is in 2nd and is having some serious issues with reading and math due to being moved halfway through her 1st year and not finishing. We thought she should re-take 1st but they put her in 2nd based on "age". She consistently struggles with her homework and wouldn't even be able to complete it on her own, yet on her "report card" she has 3's and 4's when the kids who are SUPER intelligent and are re-learning material from last year because the curriculum is so behind are getting 1's and 2's. I have asked for gifted services as well as additional learning resources and gotten no where. TO TOP IT OFF, the Principal, Laura Pizzo is very rude and uninterested in helping with anything, I'm wondering how she even got the role she is in being so cold and un-caring. Principals are supposed to HELP and want each and every student to succeed. Worst experience EVER and we have been all over the valley. We will be relocating our children ASAP.

Great school and teachers ...great school and great cafeteria and great great teachers .. I love the school

My daughters have been attending Canyon Breeze for 4 years now and have never been happier. They absolutely love their teachers and their grades are excellent. I would like to see the school offer more sport programs but am happy they started soccer this year. I love the events they have at the school and the outstanding communication from the teachers as well as the principle Jeff Byrnes. The newsletters that are emailed are very informative.

Canyon Breeze is such a great school. We live hear with our grandchild and this school is the best. We raised or son in California and the kids were morelike a number than a young person. Keep up the great work A++++++

I had a 6th and 2nd grader at Canyon Breeze. They are both high achievers and their needs were met. The staff and principal at Canyon Breeze work hard to keep kids and parents engaged and involved. The principal is every where- classrooms, lunchroom, sporting events, parent nights, etc. This school's staff is earning its Arizona "A" rating for dedication.

At first I was hesitant in letting my boys go to a public school as we have very high academic standards in our home. This school has proved to be an exceptional school with great support staff, great teachers, and an amazingly involved principal. Their take on discipline is a bit laid back but their manner of teaching the children new behaviors and great character, balances itself. My boys have been going there for 3 years and my kindergartner just started and loves going every day. They are always welcoming and friendly and have an open door policy. This allows parents like myself to be involved in their child's education.

I am so happy with Canyon Breeze. The staff truly believes that all students are capable of success, and they seem to work together to make sure that happens. Did you know they provide interventions to try to catch kids up? They have been an A school two years in a row now. Keep up the good work!

The Principal knows almost every kid's name, and there are nearly 1,000 kids there. Most of the teachers communicate well with parents and it seems like everyone really wants kids to be successful. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is the specials classes. The kids don't seem well supervised and learn the same things year after year. Otherwise, it's a great school and I would recommend it to anyone.

Last modified Canyon Breeze Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.