K-8 & Ungraded
Avondale, AZ

Posted October 29, 2014
My daughter and son both attended Rio Vista. We as a family LOVED this school! The teachers we had have gone far and beyond our expectations. Always in communication if we had a concern, or if we felt our child needed more help. The office staff have always been professional, caring, and helpful. We sat down with the principal when we first transferred to Rio Vista, we had a horrible experience at the school my daughter previously attended . The principal insured us they wanted to provide the best education to our daughter, and they have met that promise while we were here. I honestly can't praise enough of the staff from teachers, speech pathologist, psychologists, even aides. They are also very family orientated, having family events all the time. I hope the new school we go to is the same care that they have given my children.

Posted August 27, 2014
This school is amazing....i went there for all my year. They really care about you. Now they have a gym and more students and they have an amazing staff and its really a great school in would take my childeren to that school.

Rio Vista Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2014
I have to agree! I too have had issues with 7th grade English teacher. He is arrogant and disrespectful. When discussed with assistant principal, my concerns were dismissed. They both have a lot to learn when dealing with children and parents. I thought schools were suppose to work together with parents to make our kids successful. These people are just there for the paycheck. I don't know if anyone ever looks at these comments but I hope there is change soon for our kids sake!

Rio Vista Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
This school is a mess ever since they began hiring teachers with no experience! I have 3 students in 6, 7, & 8th grades. 1st, the positive. 8th grade student LOVES math for the 1st time ever! Was amazed at conference by how well my child's needs are being met both academically & socially. 8th Math teacher REALLY cares about my kid!! 7th grader is challenged in math and feels comfortable. Impressed with teacher as well. Very sincere. HOWEVER 6th grade math is a mess. Teacher never communicates & lacks an understanding of subject matter. She talks down to parents and gets frustrated when questioned about concerns. 7th grade language arts teacher is rude, condescending & a BULLY!!. IF he responds to emails, I feel like I am bothering him. He talks a good talk but basically says nothing. Absolutely NO classroom control. My child says she can't even concentrate because kids are never paying attention. I felt like this school was a great fit for my children, but now I'm not so sure. Love the whole kids at hope concept but doesn't seem to be followed in some classrooms. If it weren't for the few AMAZING teachers, I would take my children to another school.

Posted January 17, 2013
This school is amazing. My children attend this school for three years, and where very ahead. They were involved in student council, band, njhs, and sports. They all did amazing. The teachers are very comprehensive! Mrs. Aguilar was genuinely amazing. I am grateful that she was my child's teacher. She did an amazing job teaching her. Ms.Malave was also a great teacher. when my kids had to move school because we moved houses they were a head. Rio Vista is an amazing school that provides an outstanding form of education. I highly recommend this school to everyone.

Rio Vista Elementary School 3

Posted July 31, 2012
Relocated from TX for wrk - schools here in general are disappointing. 8th grader who is very passive girl was bullied & punched w/in 1st 3wks. that aside the student quality is rough - not sure what kind of homes some of these kids come from but some even scare me! my 2nd grader did great, but very outgoing kid anyway. Teacher said she is ahead of pace - but never did anything to accelerate her (like gifted testing, advance placement - but let her "help" struggling peers). My 8th grader struggles in math but an A student elsewhere. her math teacher was fab!other 8th grade teachers are lazy. They quit teaching by mid april (came home w/ a pack of riddles they worked on the whole last month instead of doing actual science work - the riddles weren't even science related). get to 9th grade now & find out the teachers did not recommend my student for any advanced classes even though she was honor society student in TX (better & tougher academically) & exceeded on AIMS? so starting off HS having to fight to get changed to honors (which is full of course). Like New principal -firm disciplinarian - needed here. Btm line - u have to push to get what's needed for your kid to excel.

Posted May 29, 2012
This school is haunted. That is why it was awesome! Im not even lying, this school is actually haunted

Rio Vista Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2012
I attended this school from when it opened in 2002(2003)-2008, and it was a great school. I loved my teachers, and the staff knew me well, and I knew them well. I had some bully problems in 2005, when they decided to combine the 5th grade and the 6th grade, and I was picked on by both grades. The school didn't do very much to prevent the bullying, they only sent the kids to the office multiple times, and just made them sit there, while, it didn't teach them a lesson, because their parents didn't care. As the process didn't work, they still did it, and the bullying rose, I had to handle the situation myself, by fighting the bullies. I also, got severely punished, for stating my own political views to a teacher, who had opposite views as me, I was punished, because of my views on the government... Other than that, the school was great, I had a great experience, and I was glad I attended that school.

Rio Vista Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2011
It seemed that when my kids started at this school four years ago, it was going to be a good enviroment for learning and growing. The first year was great, the second year not as good, the third year got a little better, now here we are in the fourth year and it has already started off horribly. Mind you these principals and teachers work with young kids and young teens, once the kids hit the teen years they become more of a challenge. It seems these teachers and the principal and vice princpal do not know how to handle teens! I believe they are on a power seems they want respect and to be treated fairly, but do not show this in return to the students or the parents. I am very disappointed in the leadership of this school! Working together would help all parties be more successful! This school is such a disappointment!

Rio Vista Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2011
I have had a horible experience with a teacher "Mrs Aguliar" 6th grade teacher , with being a bully to my son and to other students.

Rio Vista Elementary School
10237 W Encanto Blvd, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Rio Vista Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rio Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top