PK-6 & Ungraded
Avondale, AZ

Posted December 07, 2014
My son attends Corte Sierra and we couldn t be any happier being apart of this school. The staff is welcoming and his teacher communicates with me how he is doing in class. I volunteer in my son s classroom and get to see first hand the dedication, love, and time that his teacher puts in. The school has a positive learning environment which is exactly what children need! Mr. Barnes is a great principal and I feel confident knowing that my son is in good hands.

Corte Sierra Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2014
The school refused to listen to the district psychologist AND the Melmed Center (the leading experts in Autism in the state of Arizona), in regard to my son's disabilities. You see, some people, like Mr. Barnes and his relatives, put money before the best interests of children. This school will teach your child how to pass a test, to make Mr. Barnes look good. I pulled my son (he was two grade levels behind per the experts at the Melmed Center) and he is now excelling. It looks like the staff or Mr. Barnes logged on in August to rate themselves. Talk to special needs parents in the district or other experts in the valley, you will see why you should NOT jeopardize your child s future by keeping them at Corte Sierra.

Posted August 13, 2014
We sent two children to Corte Sierra for a total of 10 years. One of our kids had physical disabilities, the other one had learning difficulties. Both of our children received an excellent education, and were treated wonderfully. Mr. Barnes and his staff were always willing to meet and discuss our kids' special needs. It helped that we were able to respect their expertise and experience in devising special education programs. Some parents on here may think that they always know best, and they won't listen to someone with a different opinion. We did not always agree with the school district, but we were always able to work together for the best interest of our kids.

Posted August 13, 2014
Our son is starting his third year at Corte Sierra and we have had nothing but positive experiences. We emphasize the importance of education and stress hard work to achieve your goals and these are supported by the school. We live out of district and choose to drive a good distance each day to provide this positive learning experience for him. There is nothing more important than his education and it takes cooperation and team work between the school, parents and students for success to occur. The learning environment is very important and that starts with strong leadership. The principal is organized, innovative and cares about his students and staff. He works well with his staff and hires educators who are postive, encouraging and work hard to provide a safe and positive learning environment. The school has high standards and expectations for academics and behavior and holds students and parents accountable. Our son enjoys school, respects his teachers and feels safe. It takes more than good programs to make an excellent school, it takes a caring staff. That is why Corte Sierra has been recognized twice as an A+ school.

Corte Sierra Elementary School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
Not happy. My child went to a charter school K-3rd grade. She received a great education there but the director was abusive to the students and staff so I put her in Corte. She really likes it but unfortunately 4th grade was a waste because she didn't learn anything. There were at least five extremely disruptive kids in her class, her teacher was out of the classroom preparing herself for her new position for the next school year and I rarely received any class work, tests or anything in her take home folder. There are a lot of students who are disrespectful and use foul language. This school is more interested in their image than anything else. If things are the same in 5th this year, we'll be leaving Corte. It's a shame the school you pay taxes for is incompetent.

Corte Sierra Elementary School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter went to this school from K-5. The kinder teacher is amazing!! Miss Paulson is one of the best!! The school also have other amazing teachers as well. As far as the principal goes though he needs to retire!!! Over the years, I have to say that he has never shown up for any of the events that show that he supports the school. It's like it's a 8 to 3 job to him and then he is finished. see . He likes to be in control and it shows. In my son's new school the principal is very involved and even walks the kids across the cross walk when the crossing guard is out.. You would nevner see Mr. Barnes do that. If your child starts to have disicpline problems. He rather ship them out to a new school then to figure out why there is a problem with behavior. If you want a a principal that cares about his school and your child then this is not the school. Don't believe the hype!!

Corte Sierra Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
As the parent of a special needs child, I am completely qualified to speak about the treatment of my special needs child by Mr. Barnes and others at Corte Sierra. Corte Sierra is NOT capable of providing an adequate education for special needs children. My son must repeat both kindergarten and first grade. Mr. Barnes and his staff fought with me tooth and nail, they refused to provide adequate support for my child. If you have a special needs child DO NOT send your child to this school!

Corte Sierra Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2014
My daughter attended here - 2nd - 5th grade. We really liked the school and most teachers. I don't agree with the reviews about Mr. Barnes. Some parents think they know everything...they don't. I do wish the school took actual field trip and did something special for 5th graders. PTSA raises a lot of money and is very active - but students would benefit from getting OFF the school grounds.

Posted May 31, 2014
Corte Sierra is an A++ school and is fantastic. You won't be disappointed in the quality of teachers and administrators.

Posted February 03, 2014
Corte is AWESOME! My oldest went there from K-5 and I have 3 other children that currently attend. Mr. Barnes is AMAZING with the staff and with parents. Corte is so amazing that we have over 100 children attending on variances! That speaks volumes to me. There is NO BETTER school in the West Valley!

Corte Sierra Elementary School
3300 N. Sante Fe Trail, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Corte Sierra Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corte Sierra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top