Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

They are not fair and consistent with the way the students are treated. They have a poor representation with the dean of discipline. This is a racist school that only focus is on race and color very unfortunate as the school is very diverse. Very unprofessional in speaking to Parents and more so to the students. Honestly believe she hates her job. Can not believe they have an administrator working with children like this. This is not a community high school this is a " If I like you, I will let you get away with anything with warnings, if I don't be prepared to be disciplined!" I am sure that other parents feel the same especially with the school ratings. Absolutely no school spirit, and no communication with parents until hours later by then you already know what is going on by students not administration. If you can pick another school for your child to attend do so. I have another son that attended Tolleson High School and nephews at Agua Fria and all have done amazing at those schools. The teachers and the administration are very involved in the education and the student welfare. I will never recommend this school to any other family. Until new administration come onboard.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The encounters I have had at the school are very good. Some care more than others so entrust my children to learn as much as possible.

Amount of homework: Agree

They keep themselves busy with the amount the teachers give them. Also will give assistance as needed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Not all children are treated the same. Teaches the kids the division of race and color. I am very involved in the schools at the elementary level and see poor use of language and treatment of the students. No sense of encouragement or corrective actions are not consistent.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some don't seem to actually know what they're talking about and if they do they don't fully get the information to us.

I do not like this school for many reasons, for one the school is outdoors. the school has no lockers, they wouldn't take my credits because apparently in Arizona middle schools don't do high school credit courses in middle school, there goes all my hard work. We have to wear IDs all day and that's really dumb, you have this thing called sweep and that's also really dumb, it's like you want us to fail.

This school has some great teachers, and some horrible ones. I like 6 out of 7 of my teachers. On the contrary, the students are some of the most narcissistic and annoying people I have ever met. None of them seem to try to get to know you and most of them just do their makeup or yell at their friends during class (even when the teachers tell them to stop). The worst part of this school by far is the sweep program. Even if you are only a few seconds late to class (you get 5 minutes to try to get to class), you have to go to sweep. Sweep is a classroom where you sit and do nothing for 55 minutes. Most of the time there is no teacher in sweep, which means people play on their phone or hang out with their friends. The best part of this school is the teachers. My favorites are Mr. Beachy , Mr. Kuipers, and the Spanish 3-4 teacher (I forgot her name but I have her as my advisor). I haven't personally tried it, but I heard that the cafeteria food isn't that good and overpriced. They do have lots of food options though. The inside part of the cafeteria fills up very quickly; so many students have to sit outside. It would be nice in the winter, but in the record breaking, 115 degree heat, its too hot to enjoy the outside. It is a very crowed school with around 3000 students. They don't seem to care about dress code. There are a lot of clubs to join. They have chess club, creative writing club, anime club, gamer's club, beatboxing club, feminist club, band, various sports, etc. They do have a lot of electives. The school is very safe. They have security guards, closed campus, and all students have to wear ID's. Overall, there are good aspects and the bad aspects. If you want to mess around, you'll probably like this school. If you want a quality education, I'd recommend AAEC in Avondale. I sincerely hope you take my advice.

this school is very bad thats why im moving and its my going to be my second year and i am beging my mom not to make me go back the kids constantly make fun of kids always start fight and the teachers dont care itt looks good from the outside but very very very bad inside dont judge a school by its cover ihatteee iiittttt hate it hate it if there was zero stars thats what i would put

This school is ran poorly. The school counselors, social workers and administration do not follow up on phone messages or email asking quesions or expressing concerns. Dress code issues have always been an issue and a huge distraction for the students. The administrator even lost his job this year. The online information is always down and lacks valuable information. The calendar is not even up to date, while it even posted a day off on the wrong day. I have a sophmore at this school and will be moving to get him into another school for his junior year.

I have a daughter going to La Joya., I must say over all she has loved going to to this school. She plays many sports and also in band. She take AP class and advance class. The only bad thing she says, is the teachers don't seem to have time to answer question in the classroom, and the office people are snots, and rude, also it is next to impossible to see the concealer. She feels most the problems are from class clowns and students that do not care.This school cares about their discipline/punishment policy, but then they don't always enforce it. As far as my opinion, I have had a good experience with the teachers and school admen. I do agree with not enough involvement form other parents and the students in general do not have the school sprite in anything unless the are part of the activity. This is so sad I must say. I truly believe if the students and parents would take pride in the school and get involved, and show some school spirit this could be one of the top notch school in Arizona. They have the recipe but not cooking it right. We all can learn from our mistakes, and make improvements. The let work together, and make this best dang school in the west valley.

Last modified La Joya Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.