K-8 & Ungraded
Avondale, AZ

Posted December 15, 2014
This school can't keep teachers. Your child will never have an opportunity to be part of any community or get to have any kind of relationship with a teacher. The teachers either leave or are let go for budget reasons. Please read some of these comments below because they repeat what I posted. The Superintendent tried to leave a year or two ago, but was not hired !!! The problems start at the top!!

Quentin Elementary School 3

Posted November 16, 2014
I have seen some positive changes in this school since new leadership has taken over this school year. As with anything, change takes time but I feel that things are moving in the right direction. As for testing, that is in any school.

Posted November 11, 2014
Quentin School has an ever changing staff. It is impossible for students to receive a quality education when the staff turn over is so high. The Littleton District has 200 instructional days but over 50 are spent testing kids for the entire day. Far too many days are spent testing kids instead of on actually instruction. Make Your Day is an punitive behavior program where kids are asked to face the wall and humiliated even in the hallways. Do not let your child attend an Littleton Elementary School! They are poorly managed from the very top down.

Posted June 10, 2014
Quentin is overrun with behavior problems that the current discipline program, Make Your Day, does not address effectively. MYD is very restrictive and time consuming for teachers and parents alike and it focuses too much on self-reflection instead of enforcing consequences for bad behavior. I believe that trading MYD for a tougher and more traditional discipline will allow for fewer classroom interruptions and more focus on the content at hand, which will in turn boost test scores (perhaps eliminating the need for the 200-day calendar). On a positive note, Quentin will have some excellent new administrators next year, but they will still face challenges under MYD. I encourage everyone to do as I have done and write to the district about discontinuing use of the MYD program. Getting rid of MYD won't solve all of Quentin's (or the district's) problems, but I believe it's a step in the right direction.

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is very poorly managed. The teachers do care however with the lack of a good leader who allows parents to stand and talk during band concerts, Christmas (Holiday) concerts, etc. There is teachers who care however they are usually new teachers as seasoned teachers know the problems. The students are years behind in their education so the classes are behavior problems. The step (discipline) policy is ridiculous and causes parents to miss work and be disrupted because of students behavior. I am also a teacher (not at this school) and think that there needs to be a discipline change, a before and after school program for students who are severely (a lot of students are 4 grades behind) behind students. There should be a support system for this severely behind school. The one office staff is beyond excellent and goes above and beyond being helpful and knows parents and students by name. This school should only be a last resort for parents and staff as well as students.

Quentin Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2014
This school has had a lot of problems the last 2 years. Most of the problems have been either directly or indirectly caused by the horrible principal at this school. Thankfully the district finally got a clue and dropped her for next year. The new principal has a long of road ahead of him to regain the support of the community & staff, but at least he seems willing to put in the effort. If the staff and community step up & support the new administration maybe this school will finally get to live up to its potential. I feel much better about my kids going to Quentin next year then in previous years and I hope I can help support the school on the road ahead.

Posted April 16, 2014
A parent- I would never recommend this school at all!!!!!!!! My kids have gone there for two years!!!!!! And I have had nothing but problems with students and teachers!!!!!!!!! Both my kids have been bullied and teased!!!!!!! As well as having problems with teachers and teachers don't communicate with parents at all!!!! I can't wait to take my kids out they are going to a different school next year!!!!!!! This school is the worst school I have ever seen!!!!!! Good bye Quentin Elementry!!!!!!!!

Posted April 07, 2014
Quentin is a terrible school and I cannot wait to get my child out. My child has been bullied and even had things thrown at her and they will not do anything. They will not even move her to another class instead tell me her father that I can just move her to another school. Why does the one getting picked on have to move. I thought the schools were against bullying??!!

Posted January 27, 2014
My children attend this school and it has been nothing but problems since day 1. The school wants to have a parent conference for any and everything that happens (ex. not listening so had to choose step 4) why is a parent required to drive to the school and have a 10 min conference about that when a simple phone call could be made? or they make you wait hours for meetings. They also will not let your child return to school until you do this ridiculous conference! There is NOT good communication between the parents/teachers or the staff for that matter. I would definitely NOT recommend this school. I will be making sure to take my kids out of this school after this year ends. VERY DISAPPOINTING....

Quentin Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
My school is a wonderful place to work. The students are respectful and they are working hard. We did have many teachers leave due to fhe fact that they added 20 more teaching days and didn't increase the salary to match that. The teachers that did stay are not mediocre, but truly dedicated to our community and excellent. I feel lucky to work with them.

Quentin Elementary School
11050 W. Whyman Avenue, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Quentin Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quentin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top