PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly agree

I feel very strongly about this one. They do an awesome job molding well rounded students who are conscientious and disciplined learners.

Teachers teachers and staff are fantastic. Teachers differentiate for each student so whether your child is a little behind or a little advanced, they will be challenged daily. We love the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most of the teachers at STA have advanced degrees and could make much more in a public school setting. Each of the staff have made a commitment and sacrifice to teach at this great school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is seen in the children of STA and evident in the stated Schoolwide Learning Expectations: “A St. Thomas Aquinas Student Is A Self-Disciplined Learner, Total Person, Active Catholic, Goal-Oriented Student and Successful Communicator."

St. Thomas Aquinas is an outstanding school with excellent teachers and administration. Almost all of the teachers have advanced degrees and genuinely care for their students. I have 2 children that have attended pre-kindergarten all the way to 8th grade and two children getting close to graduation. STA does a great job preparing a child educationally, spiritually and emotionally for high school. Keep up the great work STA!

I went to St. Thomas Aquinas from kindergarten all the way to 8th grade, and I can tell you right now that I had an absolutely incredible and one-of-a-kind experience. The teaching staff is ridiculously amazing - I learned so much in every subject and was so well-prepared for high school that I started off my freshman year taking all honors and Advanced Placement courses. Throughout my nine years at St. Thomas, I was blessed with the constant encouragement and positive reinforcement provided by my teachers every year. They always pushed me to be the best that I could be. I formed close relationships with every teacher, particularly my junior high instructors. The class sizes are small, and it was always so comforting to know that, to your teachers, you are not just another familiar face, but rather someone that they know intimately and well enough that I literally could turn to them for anything at all. I was provided with such an incredible academic, spiritual, and moral foundation that I honestly do not think that any other school could match.

I have found the academic load to be a bit rigorous, but the results, fantastic!

I have been in Arizona for 4 years. It took 3.5 yrs to find a school which offered quality education, reasonable classroom sizes (24 students on average), educators who are teachers - not just doing their job. We have 2 children in school currently - 5th and 1st. They are doing well and my husband and I are extremely happy with the eduction. My 5th graders has some holes in his learning so this school has taken the time to assess him, identify those areas and develop a plan with us to work on those areas. His progress is noticeable. This school is definitely taking the time to identify problem areas for children and working on them. If you are looking for a great school - this is it!

Maybe a notch below average here or there. Students get basics but do not have access to art or music room or labs. Some classrooms have older computers that may limit media options. Integration of technology into learning is limited. Additional programming is all pay to play. You pay for premium but get basic. Teachers are fundamentally strong and caring;many go above and beyond.

This school is average on every account. Nothing out of the ordinary. That is about it.

Last modified St Thomas Aquinas Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8