Avondale, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,611

Agua Fria High School 4

Posted August 15, 2012
I give AFHS a good four stars just because its not the best neighborhood also it is not maintained as it should be, I do belive on being a better school on my personal expirence they should put grass in the dirt areas , and upgrade on new bathrooms and just upgrade in genral . I am a current sophmore. But my overall all expirenve is 5 stars with teachers and faculty and staff when im at agua i feel i could be myself and not be afraid and everybody is family there . Deffinantly should lett your child go there cause I would feel lonely if I didnt have AFHS . Alot of people says its "Ghetto" but which is complete opposite its just not put in a very good location. no dont be affraid lol everyone is friendly ... GOO OWLLSSS CLASS OF 2015 !!!!!!!! SOPHHMOOORRREESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted July 18, 2012
love this school my kids tell me great things my kids and me are very close they tell me teachers are involed all kids are very nice there is not alot of fighting kids dont pick fight they bjust go to do what they have to do thats it

Posted May 21, 2012
We'll have two daughters attending Agua Fria next year and couldn't be happier. The teachers are helpful and supportive. The student body is very supportive of each other, which has a feeling of family, or at least a close knit community. The motto is "Honor first. Win or lose." and they walk the walk the walk at Agua Fria.

Posted April 17, 2012
This is an awesome school. I think most people are juding afhs by the area it is located.My son is a senior and I hope he has the kind of instructors in college that he had at afhs. They are very caring and very interested in the students welfare. I almost hate to see my son leave here. The staff here are so kind and helpful. Always get immediate reply whenever I send emails

Agua Fria High School 1

Posted April 16, 2012
I am a present senior here at AFHS and in reading these ratings I agree with some! I think that the AFJROTC program is the one and only thing here that deserves 5 stars! The bathrooms on campus are often closed for unnecessary reasons or out of order. Some dont even have doors. More times than not while walking down the hallways and past the bathrooms you can get contact high. Everybody says that all the money goes to the athletics but i am an athlete and we hardly have any money. The teachers are good for the most part. The Chief and Col. are really educated, and Haley is the best!!!

Posted February 13, 2011
this school is great. the teachers are always focused on the students. the sports are great. and i liked the way the school got involved with the students. iwas concerned because the area that its at is not the best. but the school turned out great

Agua Fria High School 1

Posted January 04, 2010

Posted December 12, 2009
This is my third year at AF and it is amazing school. The administration is very involved along with the teachers, and in return students are motivated to participate in extracurricular activities and academics. A student can feel safe in this friendly environment where there are hardly divisions amongst students. This school as a history of striving for the best. The only improvement that could be helpful is funding school equipment like Verrado (Agua Fria District), because all Verrado has is expensive equipment. Despite the fact Agua Fria actually deserves it through its seniority, achievement, high number of students and persistence towards academics. The district office may make poor choices as to how administrate the money, even then Agua Fria can cope with anything and always rises on the top.

Posted August 26, 2009
this high school is great!

Agua Fria High School 4

Posted February 04, 2009

Agua Fria High School
530 E. Riley Dr., Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Agua Fria High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Agua Fria High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top