Public charter
Avondale, AZ

Posted April 27, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten at a different school and did not do so well there. Within 3 weeks, I pulled her from that school and enrolled her in Imagine Avondale. She immediately excelled and loves it there. Even getting student of the month after her 3rd month there. Her teacher Mrs. Plath is a phenomenal educator and I am so lucky that she is my daughters teacher. She knows how to balance having fun and teaching so much so that my daughter sees every day as fun and can't wait to go back the next day. I feel like my daughter is receiving the best education out there with Mrs. Plath and I can only hope that her next teacher is as awesome.

Posted September 12, 2013
My granddaughter had been doing poorly in Desert Thunder Elementary. Her parents transferred her this year. There is after school assistance with her work and she has improved greatly. She felt like a failure at the other school and now she has much more confidence in herself and her abilities. They do not let children slip through the loopholes! My thanks to this school for helping her. My grandson is also attending here. He was always getting red days at the previous school. Now, his behavior has improved immensely!

Posted July 08, 2013
I loved Imagine Avondale since day one, a friend recommended it to us...So few years back when I enrolled my first child to kindergarten, couple weeks later his teacher called me for a meeting cos she noticed my child "being very smart & always on task in academic & conduct" he won't talk what so ever with teachers or piers. He was diagnosed with Selective Mutism (psychiatric disorder in which a person who is normally capable of speech is unable to speak in given situations or to specific people). Imagine school believes that "all kids are capable of success no exceptions" that was put to the test since my child's condition is rare & requires a lot of one on one work & building a special bond with the child to enable him to overcome this challenge. The entire Imagine family participated in my child's treatment plan, they by far exceeded all my expectations in the personalized care my child receives each & every year...All My kids now are very successful no exceptions...Great teachers who take the success of all their kids very personal, Amazing staff, Plenty of Awards presented to recognize & encourage the Kiddos to achieve more, Lots of events & fun activities. Highly Recommended

Posted July 01, 2013
I have been with Imagine for several years now and absolutely love my job! From the minute I stepped in the door I felt the community feel amongst staff and families. No school is 100% perfect, but Imagine Avondale is truly striving to balance and excel in academics, parent involvement, character education and academic differentiation. Teachers work hard to assess, reassess and enrich all students learning. Differentiation takes place daily throughout hands on learning activities, partner learning and centers. Intervention stratgies are in place with our SEI classroom, reading lab, and 21st century programs. Our school is based on positive character development & bullying is definitely not tolerated. However, it is nearly impossible to eliminate all modes of bullying on each and every social level. Teachers & staff work hard to educate and promote character development in all our students; however, some of the responsiblity must come back to the students as well. Thank you, to all who truly value our school, families, and staff. I can't imagine working in another school. I believe in our school, our staff, families and most importantly in our kids. We will achieve great things!

Posted May 31, 2013
My kids have attended Imagince since it opened. This school is great for parents who are really involved in their children's education. Staff and teachers are always keeping the community informed and are always willing to help out. Teachers are all so amazing and great, but no doubt Ms Walsh is the best teacher at this school. She has been the most amazing mentor for my daughter, she really cares about all her kids and I show that she LOVES what she does. My son was being bullied once, and I email his teacher in the evening, I was plesently suprise to receive a reply right away and to have the issue handle the next day. I know it was resolved because my son came home very happy the next day about how they treated the situation. Ms Agnew and Mr B have also always addressed my concerns in an very timily and efficient manner.

Posted May 28, 2013
I am an Imagine Avondale parent. My daughter had her kinder promotion May 2013, I can not begin to describe our feelings; we are more than satisfied. Our daughter has learned so much, she has grown so much with the help of Mrs. Johnson. We feel like the most proud parents in the world. My daughter was awarded Student of the Month for February and she will receive the Student of the Year award. My daughter was 4 years old when she started school back in August. She was given a readiness test and was admitted to kinder. Although she was younger than other students she succeded along with them. Mrs Johnson's teachings made learning fun for her. And I am so thankful for all faculty they are genuinely interested in all the students and education is priority. I only want the best for my kids and I know Imagine Avondale is the Best.

Imagine Avondale Elementary 4

Posted May 26, 2013
My daughter just completed Kindergarten and I love how they celebrated the kids. For the week they have different events to commemorate the year as well as classroom graduations where our teacher recognized each student's achievements and dreams. The principal really came out of here shell towards the end of the year and the VP is incredible. My only complaint is the front desk staff is less than desirable, they did not know much this year as they changed staff. We are returning next year. The thing that would make this school better is more parental involvement with activities,events and the PTO board. Fortunately for us, there is no fee or membership associated with PTO so if more parents were engaged it would bring the school up a few more notches.

Imagine Avondale Elementary 4

Posted January 08, 2013
Ecxellent staff, fantastic No Bullying policies. A little unorganized, but they make up for it with their attention to the students.

Posted December 20, 2012
This school is wonderful!!! My daughter has had difficult time in school, finally found a school that is willing to go out of there way to help her..The teachers there are outstanding, willing to go out of there way to help there students acheive there goals..The principal is always there to help the parents with any question or concerns about their children-students..I highly recommend this school I rate this school A++!!!

Posted October 28, 2012
Since my two boys began attending imagine avondale they have loved it! When our kids love getting ready for school in the mornings and they're the ones pushing us out the door to get there really speaks great about a school! Of course nobody is perfect and no school for that matter will be perfect either. We each have the right to have our own opinions and I'm all for that but I'm just saying Let's be fair here. Imagine does provide the children with an excellent curriculum and their efforts in going that extra bit to provide that extra help with 21st Century, SEI, the reading intervention programs (I sometimes feel bad for those reading teachers just thinking how much gripe they probably get from the children who miss their specials classes for reading) I truly believe imagine avondale has teachers who actually care about our kids' education and that is really what us as parents should take into consideration.

Imagine Avondale Elementary
950 N. Elisio C. Felix Jr. Way, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Imagine Avondale Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Avondale Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top