Public charter
Avondale, AZ
After care: No

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale 4

Posted March 17, 2015
The curriculum is good. I love Saxon and Spalding. I love the school uniform idea too, but I wish they would not allow jeans. Jeans are too different in styles and colors and I see kids wear "skinny" jeans or jeans with holes and start bully other kids in uniform pants that they are not stylish.

Posted January 08, 2015
Reading the prior reviews....this school has tutoring coming out of every direction. They go above and beyond to provide the resources to help your child succeed. It does require that as a parent you stay on top of assignments, due dates etc. My daughter has attended this school from day one and she loves it. They offer so much to parents and students. Just my two cents. They are disciplined and expect their students to be courteous and mindful of others and apply themselves 100%. I personally don't see anything wrong with that. Just my two cents....

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale 2

Posted January 07, 2015
Legacy is a great school for those who are obedient, motivated, self reliant and who need NO extra attention from their teacher. This is supposed to be public school open for all children but they reserve the right to ignore and eventually push children out due to academic and behavioral issues if they don't fit the schools vigorous methods. This is a charter school that doesn't cater to creativity, disabilities or anyone outside of their highly structured, eyes forward, bubbles in mouth box. Be cautious of this school. The wrapping is pretty and the staff presents it well.

Posted August 28, 2014
I love Legacy and their curriculum. Yes it is challenging but if you want the best for your kids you will want them in this school. I have 2 daughters currently enrolled and I couldn't be happier listening from them how much they enjoy their teachers and the school. Be prepared to spend quality time with your kids doing homework. I would never consider a public school as an option for my girls. Thanks to all the wonderful staff.

Posted August 17, 2014
My daughter just started LTS in 2014-2015 3HR. AM Kindergarten and has Mrs.Newton she is an amazing teacher and has really gone above and beyond her duties. Ms. Smith ( principle ) is great very sweet and always in a happy mood when I see her! The school does so many things that I was exposed to as a child (pledge, citizenship, honor, responsibility, most importantly respect! ) the time I've had on campus all the teachers & staff are so sweet & kind, it's a very nice comfort knowing my kids in good hands no matter where she is on campus. .... Also another great thing is the parent involvement is just wonderful, giving the parents the opportunity to be in class and help out as much as needed is just great..!! the schools in my area (Littleton district) do NOT even teach & don't ask questions they are rude..(was there during summer ). So when my child had the opportunity to attend this amazing school, I did anything to make that happen! AND YOU SHOW TOO! IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDS EDUCATION YOU WILL WANT THE HERE!! My family & i Couldn't be more pleased with the staff & school!

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale 4

Posted August 14, 2014
LTS Avondale is a wonderful school if you want your children to stay busy and challenged. Ms. G, Mrs. Atkins, Mrs. Klue, and Ms. Blake are all dedicated, loving, wonderful teachers. Mrs. Smith is an excellent principle who cares deaply for her school. The staff in the front office are always eager to help and talk with you. I am sad to transfer my children to a different school but the high standards were proven to be too much for my family. Like I said, I would recommend this school to any family that is looking for a school with high standards and has the time to dedicate towards the rigorous school work.

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale 1

Posted August 09, 2014
I would NEVER recommend Legacy Traditional to anyone. Staff,teacher and all are un-professional and un-ethical .I have never been so humilated by anyone.They do not have any acadamic problem with my son they said he is not a right fit for our (so called) structured environment.He needs slight behavior support but they denied to help and push us to make a decision .From day first they complained and sending my child without inform me to the resource room for no limit of time.My humble request to parents please make sure that your child is save.

Posted July 08, 2014
There are no words to express how grateful I am to have found this school! LTS in Avondale has gone beyond meeting mine and my husbands expectations. Our kids have been attending this school since it first opened its doors three years ago, and I have never questioned my decision when it came to choosing a school for my children. It is very challenging and you definitely have to be an involved parent in order for your child to be successful. With that being said, I would recommend this school to any parent whos child needs a little extra challenging and is not afraid to except the challenge.

Posted February 17, 2014
This is an accelerated school and my son did great in the beginning, but has recently had difficulty keeping up. That being said, the school has been wonderful in helping him. They have offered tutoring (we accepted) and made accommodations giving him more time to take tests and homework even though they didn't have to so that he would no longer be frustrated. I also began working with him at home taking time to sit with him while he does his homework (which is time consuming as a full-time working mom, but worth it). His grades are now improving and his teacher and I are both certain that his improvement will continue. I feel like this school is making him better prepared for life beyond K-8. At his old school, the work was a lot easier and I was afraid that would leave him behind when it came to high school and beyond. Plus, this school expects me (the parent) to be a partner in his education, which I love. They give me ways to stay informed and to volunteer. I also love the focus on being good citizens and treating others fairly. He was having problems with another student and the teacher and Vice Principal helped to resolve the situation very quickly.

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale 3

Posted January 20, 2014
This is good school if you want your child to be totally overwhelmed and struggle to ever keep up. Challenging is good, but it goes beyond that! It is very apparent that the teachers themselves can;t even keep up! It is about the numbers....and if your child struggles, they are told if they can't keep up...then they are in the wrong school. Wow great way to help them!!

Legacy Traditional School-Avondale
12320 W Van Buren St, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Legacy Traditional School-Avondale is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Traditional School-Avondale Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top