Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I truly love this school. Great teachers and office staff. Love the principal and assistant principal. Only complaint is pick up time. The parking lot is small, but they seem to have it worked out nice this year. Except they are so busy pushing cars to pull forward the children at the curb almost get ran over. I was still pulling forward when a teacher had my daughter step off the curb. Almost ran over her toes. Please watch my (our) children better. This scared me so bad i called the school about it. I was angry! Sorry Mrs. Debbie you got the brunt of my maddness. I apologize. I would like my daughter to be able to keep all her toes. Thanks

One of the best schools considering this is the West Side. Less than 50 percent Hispanic. The school is located next to the affluent or more desirable sub-divisions called 'Garden Lakes'. Top school !!! Not many kids are on the breakfast plan so imagine the families are more educated and have resources to provide for their kids.

Hope the new Principal improves the situation. She has made a few changes with pick up and drop offs but I don't think the teachers who conduct this exercise have a clue. They keep running back and forth and hardly know how to use the radio. One teacher sends the kid to the back then the teacher forgets about the kid and walk up to the first car in line to ask them to move forward. For God's sake pay attention to the kids not the car! I pray to God that they get their act together (soon). There are fine teachers in this school but the administrative staff is not all there (to say the least). I will write a better review if they change (hoping against hope).

I have raised 7 children and have had to deal with several schools over the last 30 years and this by far is the worst. The principal targets children and her and other staff have absolutely no skills whenIit comes to dealing with children in conflict or conflict between children. Her skill level and ability to operate the school is questionable because of her perceived bias and inability to do what is in a child's best interest.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and has been attending GL since Kindergarten. The teachers and staff are wonderful and extremely friendly, and you can tell that they genuinely care about the kids. I do have several complaints about areas that could be improved. First, I do not feel the kids are challenged enough. My daughter has never brought home much homework at all, and when she does, it takes her less than five minutes to complete. I feel that when a child is advanced for their age, they should be given assignments that challenge them. Second, it seemed like any papers my daughter brought home were just shoved in her backpack. There was a lack of organization when it came to bringing home important notes, homework, etc. However, my biggest complaint is when picking up my child after school. All of the age groups are released at same time and it is absolute chaos. Daily, I encounter inconsiderate parents who short-cut in line or park in the no-parking zone and completely exit their vehicle, holding up the entire line for everyone else. I feel the school would benefit if different grades released at varying times, and also enforced the no-parking rule.

My daughter has been attending this school since 1st grade. We really enjoy the staff and the level of expertise the teachers offer to the students regarding their education. My daughter has had some amazing teachers namely Mrs. Kuglar and Mrs. McNamara among the others that have made such a positive impact on her social and academic life. I do get a bit concerned with the rally song being McDonald's, McDonald s, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, but it gets the children s attention and that is the goal. I would appreciate an affordable before and after school program to offer more structure for my student (Desiree Morrison) and believe it would be a benefit to our community overall in the long run for parents to utilize such services. Best regards, Amanda N. Baird

Garden Lakes Elementary is an excellent school, I've had multiple family members and now my own children go to that school. I've always had such a great experience with the school, administration staff and school aides. Each teacher my child has had were very creative and patient. I'm very pleased and will keep my child in this school

Excellent teachers but they should cut out most of the Wednesday half-days and study. Too many teacher breaks.

Why is my child coming home singing songs about Mc Donald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco bell and so on, and raving about Ronald Mc Donald visiting the school. Do these companies pay the PESD for covert marketing techniques? Uh...hello! This is a school, they should be teaching our kids...yes YOUR kids...about staying healthy and eating healthily, not how great it is to eat cheap and poor quality food!

Okay I was class of 2009 and I was proud to say that I enjoyed my time at Garden Lakes. I was active in several clubs and had tons of fun and friends. My last year or two, upper graders started to have some problems. Fights broke out every once in a while, gossip turned bad about everything. The whole thing was stupid considering we were only 8th graders. One of the Reviews here say they are being "punished too hard"? Excuse me? Garden Lakes works hard to keep kids from Kindegarten to 8th graders safe. I don't think you understand why it's important to prevent fights and behavior like this. It's good that they can tell which groups of people have more trouble, but they'll never JUDGE. They want you to succeed. (:

Last modified Garden Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.