PK-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Garden Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted January 11, 2016
Hope the new Principal improves the situation. She has made a few changes with pick up and drop offs but I don't think the teachers who conduct this exercise have a clue. They keep running back and forth and hardly know how to use the radio. One teacher sends the kid to the back then the teacher forgets about the kid and walk up to the first car in line to ask them to move forward. For God's sake pay attention to the kids not the car! I pray to God that they get their act together (soon). There are fine teachers in this school but the administrative staff is not all there (to say the least). I will write a better review if they change (hoping against hope).

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
They are more prone to discourage students because they're hurt for the student is not where it should be for educators

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
Staff make it difficult for both parents and students to respect them because Iif their own poor behavior and poor judgment.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 12, 2015
The children do not come first and I have not seen any compassion toward students especially with the principal assistant principal and others who operate that school

Garden Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2015
I have raised 7 children and have had to deal with several schools over the last 30 years and this by far is the worst. The principal targets children and her and other staff have absolutely no skills whenIit comes to dealing with children in conflict or conflict between children. Her skill level and ability to operate the school is questionable because of her perceived bias and inability to do what is in a child's best interest.

Garden Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2014
My daughter is in 2nd grade and has been attending GL since Kindergarten. The teachers and staff are wonderful and extremely friendly, and you can tell that they genuinely care about the kids. I do have several complaints about areas that could be improved. First, I do not feel the kids are challenged enough. My daughter has never brought home much homework at all, and when she does, it takes her less than five minutes to complete. I feel that when a child is advanced for their age, they should be given assignments that challenge them. Second, it seemed like any papers my daughter brought home were just shoved in her backpack. There was a lack of organization when it came to bringing home important notes, homework, etc. However, my biggest complaint is when picking up my child after school. All of the age groups are released at same time and it is absolute chaos. Daily, I encounter inconsiderate parents who short-cut in line or park in the no-parking zone and completely exit their vehicle, holding up the entire line for everyone else. I feel the school would benefit if different grades released at varying times, and also enforced the no-parking rule.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter has been attending this school since 1st grade. We really enjoy the staff and the level of expertise the teachers offer to the students regarding their education. My daughter has had some amazing teachers namely Mrs. Kuglar and Mrs. McNamara among the others that have made such a positive impact on her social and academic life. I do get a bit concerned with the rally song being McDonald's, McDonald s, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, but it gets the children s attention and that is the goal. I would appreciate an affordable before and after school program to offer more structure for my student (Desiree Morrison) and believe it would be a benefit to our community overall in the long run for parents to utilize such services. Best regards, Amanda N. Baird

Posted November 07, 2012
Garden Lakes Elementary is an excellent school, I've had multiple family members and now my own children go to that school. I've always had such a great experience with the school, administration staff and school aides. Each teacher my child has had were very creative and patient. I'm very pleased and will keep my child in this school

Posted January 30, 2012
Excellent teachers but they should cut out most of the Wednesday half-days and study. Too many teacher breaks.

Garden Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2012
Why is my child coming home singing songs about Mc Donald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Taco bell and so on, and raving about Ronald Mc Donald visiting the school. Do these companies pay the PESD for covert marketing techniques? Uh...hello! This is a school, they should be teaching our kids...yes YOUR kids...about staying healthy and eating healthily, not how great it is to eat cheap and poor quality food!

10825 W. Garden Lakes Parkway, Avondale, AZ  85323
Last modified Garden Lakes Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top