Bisbee, AZ

Bisbee High School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
I am a parent and a BHS alumni. The major problems at Bisbee are related mostly to poverty and lack of financial support from the State of Arizona. Bisbee has always supported our schools even as other nearby communities much wealthier did not. It is hard to find great high school teachers in Arizona and BHS reflects that issue. Also many parents are not concerned with their children's attendance, behavior, and academic achievement and this pulls down the results of testing and the classroom experience. In spite of those challenges BHS has terrific administrators and more good teachers than in recent years. It is orderly, peaceful, and has many outstanding students. When many other Arizona schools were ending arts programs, Bisbee did not. BHS makes it possible for any student to play sports even if they can not afford the fees. The students, for the most part, respect each others differences and hostilities between groups are minimal. It is a beautiful, spacious campus in a quiet setting that could never be built with today's financial restrictions. It's improving every year but needs money to recruit and hire quality teachers as does the rest of Arizona.

Bisbee High School 1

Posted October 11, 2013
Going downhill in every way. Leadership cares more about their image than substance. Many if the teachers care more about local politics than teaching. There is also a massive drug problem that administration goes to great lengths to cover up. I have kids in this district but I will pull them before they go to this high school.

Posted July 11, 2013
I both graduated from the school and am now a parent in the district. I found I was prepared well and thoroughly by my teachers. Classes are small and the faculty very accessible and caring. The principal is engaged and innovative. It is a great school getting better each year.

Posted July 06, 2013
I continue to be very pleased with both the personalized education and the small school atmosphere that allows my children to be part of a community and not just a number . The teachers care and the administrators work hard to make the school both safe and positive.

Posted July 06, 2013
A school that strives and succeeds on a very limited budget. It is improving and growing better each year.

Bisbee High School 1

Posted July 06, 2010
I graduated from Bisbee High School and I believe that this school seems to have no interest in challenging students or preparing them for continuing education after graduation. As a student, I was not required to take physics, chemistry, calculus, or biology. I was able to graduate on time and even have a free period my senior year although I had failed Algebra three times and received a D in my Earth Science class. Upon going to the University of Arizona, I realized how severely disadvantaged and unprepared I was to compete with other students. This school is more concerned with handing out diplomas to the maximum amount of students rather than truly providing an education. Math and Science requirements have decreased since my time there, and the school week has been cut down to 4 days only.

Posted December 02, 2009
Bisbee High School lacks leadership and teachers who are more inclined to raise the bar for the students. The students from Bisbee are not challenged. It is evidenced by the number of students who have to enroll in the reading classes at the next level. The principal and his assistant are oblivious to the instruction going on.

Posted October 03, 2009
For a small town school, they strive to provide the best for all their students on a very limited budget.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers and staff, lot of heart in the kids.

Bisbee High School 2

Posted August 20, 2009

Bisbee High School
675 School Terrace Rd., Bisbee, AZ  85603
Last modified Bisbee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bisbee High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top