Posted August 15, 2014
I have been a parent in this school district for 20 years. All my children have attended and some are still attending Canon School. Canon School is packed with high end technology is a small school setting. I only wish more parents would be involved. Several years there have been a handful of helpful parents and staff. Overall the school provides high quality teaching with compassion.

Posted August 14, 2014
This school is an absolute joke! By the time the kids go to a real school they are so far behind it's sad! Needs to be closed down!

Posted February 04, 2014
Amazing! I have worked all over the world with children and I have never seen such commitment to the child and families while working with a shoe-string budget. I love watching these students grow into fine young adults I am proud to say I know. I am a parent, community member and am proud to work here. I could take the Scottsdale School District offer but I would never be happier than where I am today.

Posted September 16, 2013
I really hope Canon school wins,maybe they could use it to hire a fifth grade teacher so the fifth grade won' have to be with the fourth,what a mess! Or maybe they could use it to put bathroom doors on the stalls so the kids could have a little privacy,how would you like to use the bathroom and anyone can walk in and watch you,laugh and make funny faces and noises? How about we take the teachers doors off? I would like to say the principal and all but one teacher is GREAT,very kind and passionate,they work with the kids like they were there own,but a teacher that never had a kid,its real hard for them to have that love and care.Thinking about Humboldt school,I heard they had smaller classes and was a good school.I just want her to be happy and love school.I feel the school could do better and putting 5th with 4th graders is NOT good!! The kids are missing out,way to many kids in a class!!

Posted September 16, 2013
Canon School is a joke! Its the worst school in the state! This school will never be a school til its ran by a qualified Superintendent who is capable of hiring real teachers! Most of the employees work here because they can't get hired at a real school! Where they actually have to do their job and be qualified to be a teacher! I'm shocked this school is even open This school isn't teaching the kids anything! Its awful to see the kids struggle so much when they go to a actual school because they attended Canon and weren't learning! What ever happened to going to school to get a education? What happened to all the teachers that enjoyed & loved being a teacher?

Posted June 25, 2013
I like the math curriculum. The teachers do Title I for struggling kids and this year they had drama, football, other sports like baskeball, dance and voleyball. The talent show was cute. Paula the office lady is nice and helped me any time I had concerns for high school issues.

Posted December 12, 2012
A truly great school. Teachers are passionate and there is drama, cheer, basketball, and more. They do a lot with the community like Meals on Wheels.

Posted February 26, 2012
Canon WAS a great school under previous administrations. They can t keep the best teachers and they end up with teachers that have been there forever that cannot come close to relating to students. I sent my daughter to Mayer last year when I found out the 8th, 7th, and 4th grade teachers left. No leadership, poor teaching, and NO arts, music, baseball, football, track, etc. My daughter and her friends are doing great at a real school in Mayer.

Posted May 19, 2011
Canon School is a joke. The principal is lazy and does nothing when it comes to disapline. The 8th grade teacher calls the girls on his football team "eye candy" and the kindergarten teacher is pulled all the time to disapline students.. Don't send your children here!

Posted September 30, 2009

Canon School
34360 So. School Loop Rd., Black Canyon City, AZ  85324
Last modified Canon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canon School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.