Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter was so prepared for High School that she is requesting honor classes next year!

Amount of homework: Agree

My son does less than an hour a night. Just enough to refresh the lesson without overdoing it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Canon School teaches the students to be accountable for their choices. I like the student management system they have in place.

Canon sets in a beautiful town. The kids have small class sizes. The nurse lady is wonderful. Administration is reasonable and fair. The school does parades and is active in the community. Everyone works hard. Mr. Barrett is an amazing math teacher.

They care for kids in a small town environment. The last AIMS scores were good and it is a B+ school.

This school is an absolute joke! By the time the kids go to a real school they are so far behind it's sad! Needs to be closed down!

Amazing! I have worked all over the world with children and I have never seen such commitment to the child and families while working with a shoe-string budget. I love watching these students grow into fine young adults I am proud to say I know. I am a parent, community member and am proud to work here. I could take the Scottsdale School District offer but I would never be happier than where I am today.

I really hope Canon school wins,maybe they could use it to hire a fifth grade teacher so the fifth grade won' have to be with the fourth,what a mess! Or maybe they could use it to put bathroom doors on the stalls so the kids could have a little privacy,how would you like to use the bathroom and anyone can walk in and watch you,laugh and make funny faces and noises? How about we take the teachers doors off? I would like to say the principal and all but one teacher is GREAT,very kind and passionate,they work with the kids like they were there own,but a teacher that never had a kid,its real hard for them to have that love and care.Thinking about Humboldt school,I heard they had smaller classes and was a good school.I just want her to be happy and love school.I feel the school could do better and putting 5th with 4th graders is NOT good!! The kids are missing out,way to many kids in a class!!

Canon School is a joke! Its the worst school in the state! This school will never be a school til its ran by a qualified Superintendent who is capable of hiring real teachers! Most of the employees work here because they can't get hired at a real school! Where they actually have to do their job and be qualified to be a teacher! I'm shocked this school is even open This school isn't teaching the kids anything! Its awful to see the kids struggle so much when they go to a actual school because they attended Canon and weren't learning! What ever happened to going to school to get a education? What happened to all the teachers that enjoyed & loved being a teacher?

I like the math curriculum. The teachers do Title I for struggling kids and this year they had drama, football, other sports like baskeball, dance and voleyball. The talent show was cute. Paula the office lady is nice and helped me any time I had concerns for high school issues.

Last modified Canon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.