K-8 & Ungraded
Buckeye, AZ

Verrado Middle School 2

Posted April 18, 2015
Verrado has a race issue --- the staff and students need a course in diversity. My husband and I spent hours each month at the school addressing racial comments made by students in front of multiple staff members and comments made by teachers. If your child is Latino, African American or Mexican or Middle Eastern this is not the school for them , it feels like an episode of walking dead , when you think is all good then , is the opposite , although is a nice place for retired people

Posted September 12, 2014
So impressed with this school! My daughter was in another district and a lower rated school, getting her into Verrado Middle was the best decision we've ever made, I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. She struggled for three years at her previous school, at Verrado MIddle she is excelling. She was able to make friends quickly and loves that there are no uniforms at this school. I love the weekly correspondence from teachers & have even received text messages reminding of work that is due. We don't live in Verrado but not once have we felt excluded.

Posted September 10, 2014
Beautiful School, but, i agree that There is a significant segregation between students, most kids think their parents are millionaires (they have too much debt probably ) parents need to teach them Values, Morals and Ethics at home is not teachers or school fault , Fascism is cured by reading, and racism is cured by traveling - Miguel de Unamuno

Posted June 30, 2014
VMS is a great school, my Autistic son goes to this school and they bend over backwards to help him. He hated school, he was in the Dysart School District and they did everything they could to get rid of him. He is now on the honor roll and flourishing.

Posted January 03, 2014
I attended Verrado Middle from 2011-2013. After moving from Buckeye for a better school, we found Verrado and we liked it here. Teachers were nice; one of my reading teachers would be extremely helpful and generous. Counselors would do the right thing. There's almost nothing bad about this school. This is rated a Highly Performing school, but I would say this should be rated Excelling. Now I currently attend Verrado High and I miss Verrado Middle a lot. If I could flashback to my time in VMS I would. Thanks a lot Verrado Middle!

Verrado Middle School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
Our Goodyear neighborhood is zoned for VMS. I think that sometimes they forget that some of the students live in Goodyear and not down the street. It is a bit of a hassle at times! I also do not like that my kids make friends with students who will mostly attend VHS and they will attend MHS. I don't think it is fair that just because Verrado did not sell enough homes that my children have to be separated from their elementary buds, then they make new friends, then are separated once again from a majority of their friends in HS. HS is hard enough. There are times when I have wasted many gallons of gas in a week just picking my kids up or dropping them off in Verrado for before/after school events,performances,visiting friends, etc. We like Verrado, but it is not worth the commute. We have to limit our children's involvement due to the fact that we can not always run back and forth to Verrado. It is not fair to students in our neighborhood. I will be requesting a variance once our younger kids go to middle school unfortunately, they will not guarantee that you will be granted a variance every year, so my kids might have to readjust either way. SAD! LESD needs to change this!!!!!!!

Posted May 27, 2013
verrado middle school is a very great school. it has very nice teachers, good kids, and a very good work environment.

Verrado Middle School 2

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is the worse of the worse!! If you fit the image, you'll be ok. They hear what they want, say as they want it, have no genuine concerns about students on campus. They are in total denial about reality and if it does not concern them, them do not become concerned. A few of the teachers are HUGE hypocrites, they cuss at the students and there display of role modeling is lacking. Again, NO one cares!! They have no communication skills, and when talking to students, they pretty much speak as to what they want to hear verses what the student is saying. As for the education aspect of it, I recommend you go to another school, district, this school is only an image!

Verrado Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
WARNING!! Not impressed!! Student Advisor, Teachers, Principal, and Asst. Super... WHAT A JOKE! You get nowhere! They have dropped the ball with my child repeatedly and they are worthless at being leaders of our children. It took 6 weeks to finally get a meeting...I had been trying to communicate repeatedly with the teachers that my child was failing and struggling with school because of his learning disability( he has no behavior issues)...teachers didn't care...just kept sending him to clean the cafeteria for detention. They gave him constant negative/ defeating feedback all day... My older child is the average child that 'blends' in so there is no problem with the teachers because they don't have to do anything besides collecting a paycheck... There is no neutral ground or authority you can go to... They're all buddies... No common sense in any of them that we have dealt with... I have never left any sort of feedback before but felt others should be warned.

Posted October 21, 2011
We recently moved to this community. This school is one of the best that my children have ever attended. The principal truly cares about each and every student and the staff have really high expectations. My son and daughter both felt welcome the minute we got here and say how nice the teachers and kids are. It is wonderful to know that they are now learning in such a warm and inviting place. It seems to me if parents or kids are unhappy, they should look to a charter school in the area or get involved themselves. I have found this school to be caring and great for MY children.

Verrado Middle School
20880 W. Main Street, Buckeye, AZ  85326
Last modified Verrado Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verrado Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top