Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Freshman enrollment process is a joke. They require all paperwork and course selection slips well over 4 months before school starts only to mess up their schedules. Then when questioned/email numerous times with counselors they give you the run around and don't respond back. I don't understand why it's not taken care of before school starts. Instead they prefer to have students wait till the first day of school then, waste class instruction time trying to get their scheduled fixed.

I spent my freshman year here at Verrado High School and will be going into my sophomore year here. I have to say it was one of the best years of my life. Verrado deserves a 10/10 rating, definitely not a measly 4. All of my classes were just challenging enough and my teachers were always extremely helpful whenever I had an issue with any assignment. I was involved in plenty of clubs such as newspaper and broadcasting and also StuGo and I played sports here at VHS as well, and my experience with every aspect of the school has always been positive. Before I came to this high school in every single grade I'd ever been in there was always one fluke teacher, but here at Verrado I've had none so that's a first for me. We have a really good sense of school spirit and overall I wouldn't have wanted to experience high school anywhere else.

This school does not challenge our child. The administration is unorganized and is not helpful.

Over the course of the last two years, I can say my experiences at Verrado High School have not been very good. First semester of freshmen year, I encountered a close death in the family. While I was gone, she assigned a project. When I returned back to school, I was not given clarification on the project, and yet I was still not fully there from the unexpected the death in the family, I recieved a poor grade, bringing my grade from an A to a C. Even when I adressed my teacher about it and my family members death, her rude, snarky response was "I'm not a mind reader, don't know what to tell you". Overall, this resulted in me getting a C in the class, hurting my college chances (keep in fact that I am normally a straight A student). First semester of Sophomore year, I was placed with a teacher who would be unjust with grading, and multiple times I came to her for help, and yet, I still got no where. That resulted in me having to switch out of the class nearly mid-semester. And now, onto the worst experience I have ever faced at VHS, second semester of Sophomore year. The teacher I had this semester bullied my friends and I. This issue is still going on within administration.

Verrado has a race issue --- the staff and students need a course in diversity. My husband and I spent hours each month at the school addressing racial comments made by students in front of multiple staff members and comments made by teachers. If your child is Latino, African American or Mexican this is not the school for them.

I am a student at Verrado and I'm disappointed on the organization of the school. I wanted to join a club and their table at open house was empty except for a piece of lined paper saying "Sign Up Sheet." I had to ask the front office about the club and go ask the club advisor only to find out the club had formed beforehand. Verrado needs to make an effort to advertise all of their clubs and sports teams. I wasn't informed on when conditioning started for the sport I was going to play until the coach told me when I was signing up. Besides the unorganization, the classrooms are just way too cold! The freezing metal seats don't help and we live in Arizona- how are we expected to be used to the room temperature! There are four (mens and womens) bathrooms outside that are locked after 2nd period. Despite the case even being featured on the weekly show, a security guard only stated that it was for security purposes.

I attended the Taste of The Arts evening last night at the school and could not have been more disappointed. It was singularly the most disorganized school event I have ever attended. The fact that it represented an evening dedicated to the fine arts and the promotion of them within the school was laughable. There were no programs of any sort, it began half an hour late, no one provided instructions on where to sit, so going to the auditorium area only to find that after the dancing began, the band began to play over in the quad. Parents had to wander around hoping to see their student perform somewhere. The "director" was choosing music as we stood there waiting. There is NO symphonic band as advertised. Having a group of brass and a group of winds, etc., defeats the purpose of the students learning to play pieces together and enjoying the sound they create as a whole. I paid to be present to watch my student perform and I am perfectly clear now as to why this has been such a disappointing class, last night was a HUGE wake up call that if you are hoping for the music program at this school to encourage and promote artistic development in your student, please look elsewhere.

We are new to Verrado High. I am not impressed at all with the open classroom concept (no doors). The school seems unorganized and the teachers that I met seemed uncaring. My daughter is having a difficult adjustment (as a 10th grader) and I called the counselor and have yet to receive a call back. I am seriously considering moving to Chandler at the end of school year. (They seem to have the best ratings, both Great Schools and Community ratings.) I have a son who will be in high school next year and I will not subject him to the mediocrity found in West Valley schools.

We are a new family to Verrado and a bit perplexed by the open classroom Concept that is not being utilized. Safety could be a concern if an intruder entered the building. Verrado has achieved academic awards for the number of students passing AP exams. This is impressive compared to other schools in the district. However, the school missed the letter grade of C by only one point and the growth scores seem to be slipping. My daughter has bee discouraged from taking AP Calculus, because it would ruin her GPA and that her A grade in pre calculus was not a predictor for success. It is disappointing that high achieving students don't stick with challenging classes. Kids say that the teachers make it extra hard by giving problem types on tests that have never been covered in class. A math teacher confirmed this for me. My child's pre calculus teacher utilized "flipping" the class, where students would view a video of the lesson the night befor.

I live this school. School spirit seems good. VHS is alwasy receiving awards for academics and sports.

Last modified Verrado High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.