PK-8 & Ungraded
Buckeye, AZ

Verrado Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2014
"Pep rally's & Jamba Juice isn't going to get my children to college". .. Perfect sentiment! While Verrado was a great temp alternative to other, less than desirable schools in Buckeye, the fact that my kids came home complaining about bullies, singing radio hits & counting all the candy they were rewarded with throughout their day just wasn't cutting it for me. I was looking for teachers/staff capable of demonstrating excellent character - not engaging in whispers, dirty looks & popularity contests like stuck-up brats in the 13th grade Grow up, guys! With all of the resources & seasoned teachers available to such a well-funded school, they should be doing more than offering "traditional" or "gifted" options (really just more homework) in attempt to rival the charter schools that concerned parents are LEAVING Verrado for. In short, this is the perfect school for parents who are intentionally avoiding other public schools in the area, are okay with such mediocre standards & are willing to stick out like a sore thumb every time someone insists on asking if you LIVE in Verrado *Rolls Eyes* After an experience like THIS, there's no wonder why everyone is running toward charters!

Verrado Elementary School 1

Posted July 01, 2014
There are many happy children in a high income neighborhood that attend this school. Mrs. Evans made many poor decisions as a principal and perpetuated the continuance of poor decisions as assistant superintendent. There is no after school tutoring or focus on meeting the needs of all children. The teachers work bell to bell and there is no going above and beyond other than xeroxing homework packets and planning fun activities that do not align to standards. This is a social club and you either embrace it or you are on the outs. Shame on relying on your demographic to remain in the Stone Age. Bigger packets and harder books do not equate to rigorous instruction. Pep rally's and Jamba Juice isn't going to get my children to college. A dedication to academic excellence and a willingness to persevere for every child will.

Posted June 19, 2014
This school is amazing! When my daughter and I first came to VES we were welcomed very warmly! In normal schools you don't get your kids happy to do homework! But at VES they beg to do it! If you are looking for a great school where you and your child is happy verrado elementary school is the way to go!

Posted February 22, 2012
The local schools in my area are not very good. I drive my child to Verrado Elementary instead and it is a wonderful school. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. The teachers are amazing!!! They truly care about my child and send home challenge work and praise. They are also very honest about any issues that I need to address with my child. The parents are really involved and I think that is part of the reason that the students are doing so well. I feel blessed that Verrado allows us to send our child there!

Posted December 17, 2011
Ever since my 4 kids came to the verrado schools ( elementry, middle and high school ) they have improved 100%. I have 2 kids with staight A's and 2 with A's and B's... I really dont care about personal lives of the teachers ( not in a bad way, just not my business ), what I care about is my childrens education and they are doing great that even their self esteem has gotten better. They feel better everyday cause the teachers let them know how good they are doing and encourage them to keep going.... They went from D's and F's to A's and B's!!!!! They are all about the kids... We like it so much we want to move into Verrado!!! Very happy camper :)

Verrado Elementary School 3

Posted December 13, 2011
This is a highly over-rated school. This is driven by parents who think Verrado is such an "amazing" place and by extension, that everything there is "amazing". First the good...The parent involvement is very high. This is because it's a wealthy community where one or both parents can afford to either not work, or take time off of work whenever they feel like it. Though I live here, I am one of those who have to work, as does my girlfriend, leading to the main issue. ALL school activities are held during the work day (8-5) so that those like me must miss work constantly, so that the teachers can preserve THEIR free time. They lost track of both of my kids (1st & 2nd grade) in the first week, and they missed their buses. My first graders teacher was rather upset that my little boy is a bit behind and needed extra help. I had to put the hammer down on her and INSIST that she HELP, and actually TEACH. They are ALWAYS begging for money in some form, every week, constantly, and every event charges outrageous ticket / entrance fees. In general, it's a snootey snob school, though they do a decent job of educating kids for the most part, though sometimes with prodding.

Verrado Elementary School 1

Posted January 16, 2011
I can only hope to God that my son gets into a local charter school next year. SO UNPROFESSIONAL. You can not only hear gossip, all the time, but see the teachers in the community drinking, smoking, and cheating on their spouses. What is this?? A school or a frat house?? Come on Mrs. Evans... DO YOUR JOB!!!!!

Posted January 15, 2011
All I can say is WOW, very impressed with Mrs. Evans and the entire Verrado staff! Both of my children's teacher have a strong understanding of the state standards and strive daily to see that all students meet those standards. I could not be more proud of the leaps & bounds both of my children have taken. Sadly they went to a school last year that ended with a wasted year and I was very concerned at the beginning of this year, but both Verrado teachers have set my mind at ease! Thank you Miss Putz & Mrs. Erdelji!

Posted December 17, 2010
I feel so fortunate that my son was able to get into this school. The principal and teachers are amazing. The community support is great as well. It is nice seeing my son so happy to go to school every day.

Posted November 21, 2010
This school is wonderful. My son has Mrs. Abramson and she is an amazing caring, gentle and intelligent teacher. She truly makes learning fun. My child is always ready to attend school. Mrs. Abramson is a true leader and I feel so very blessed. She is a wonderful role model for our young children and for our educational leaders! VES also has the support of DMB and offers MacRo math and it has been such a wonderful educational tool. Thank goodness for Verrado and the wonderful parent involvement. We are very happy and pleased! For this exact reason, we moved to Verrado to be within a wonderful educational school system. Way to go!

Verrado Elementary School
20873 W. Sunrise Lane, Buckeye, AZ  85326
Last modified Verrado Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verrado Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top