Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! This school's interest is in ducking their heads and pretending it does not exist while calling those who participate in bullying "victims" and those they victimize "the participants". What do you expect from a staff that practices fakery and are fearful of being fired if they do not comply with the wishes of the principal? What are the wishes of the principal? Well, they are to decide for herself without the input of fairness, equality or law such things that SHE FEELS are ok. If a friend of her's child does something inappropriate she simply blames the other child, pats the parents on the back of the child who could use the support of being shown the right path. Instead, she gives such children a false bravado and attempts to discredit the child who needs protection. This is when both parent sets are going to need to be strong in their parenting skills. Molly Evans is doing neither household a favor or building an ethical society with her lack of service. Evans doesn't actually have the SKILL to be a principal, just a piece of paper and a bunch of classes she has gathered in order to get paid. If she had actual skill, she would easily be able to build a fair and adequate (and by 'adequate' I don't mean 'mediocre') system to support teachers, staff, students and families/parents. Well, let's all meditate on a better tomorrow. Verrado has some accomplished families and productive households. I should know, I was one of them. Yet, it fails miserably in creating a truly competitive spirit of growth and social benefit. Without setting core values for its children, by attempting to marginalize some and by not offering an even starting point for all, such schools hurt the futures they serve. Well, they won't see until those unsteady, false and disruptive futures prevail over their peonied pretensions and lackluster, yet highly varnished facades. This is the downdraft, net gain of bullying...it can serve no one, especially the bully who can never grown and develop in a meaningful, productive path.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Please read my previous remarks on the ineffective leadership. To be an effective educator, ALL children under your care should be offered a beneficial pathway to learning. When one has to make their job easier in order to collect a cushioning paycheck, by ridding themselves unethically, unfairly and illegally of children in need of education, then such person should step down as they are harming the future ability of that generation's potential and social economics.

Develops character: Strongly agree

A student should learn the value of the lifestyle the pursuit and happiness of that lifestyle engages he/she through. That lifestyle should never be used to uniquely fashion a noose for some and a rodeo rope for others through which a thinly veiled lie of racial, class and social prejudice can creep in and dismantle an otherwise keen idea to create a place where families can flourish, play, work and yes - EDUCATE! Stay involved parents and stop hostility and unethical breeding of your children's minds and, thus, their future freedoms, from taking root. After all, they are just children. Parents, educators and other social lines with access to them should not poison their minds with mental and racial prejudices and hatreds. I speak out so those who wish not to become complicit can find peaceful ad beneficial solutions in their own time and in their own understanding. Peace.

Molly Evans was principal during my child's terrorized and aggravated attendance (V.E.) in 2012-2013. We found a beautiful rental that summer and had many fond memories, but the terrifying experiences of racist and denigrating behavior due to the racist outlook of Molly Evans is unforgivable! The Evans' dictum believes certain households exist with "superior" rights above other citizens' rights. This mentality makes Molly Evans no better than a Hitlerized leader of ethnic divisiveness! Because of Evans's relationship with the wife of the couple from whom I rented my residence, a small town mentality of racial bigotry antagonized my child and I. The resulting undercurrent towed along anyone who felt Verrado, as a family-values enclave, could only be accomplished by cloaking racist attitudes and defiling the pure consciousness of a little child, a second grade student whose only desire was community inclusion. Racism was not and is not what Verrado has ever stood for. The original goal of enhancing family values was wiped out by a rapid cancer of racist tactics & politics growing via leadership via Litchfield School District. As members of the community, my child and I participated actively in school and out. Still, Molly Evans called me to her office attempting to berate me into signing a complaint she wrote. I refused. She then illegally released information to the father of a boy Evans accused my son of 'scratching' (with no proof or marks). The boy's father was the owner of the house I rented. He came to our residence and disconnected all utilities - during an heatwave! When peacefully confronted, he threatened to kill me and my 7 yr old! He said Evans was "best" friends w/his wife! Evans' "fan club" continued to pressure until my child begged not to return to school. He was only 7 years old. Evans expelled my son & made false allegations to support her lies. When a student threatened to shoot my child (on numerous occasions), nothing was done. Finally, I took the landlord to court to escape that hell and to stop the attacks! I held my head high and taught my child the same by bringing EVIDENCE of the wrongs to the police, school district and courts. I was never given a meeting/hearing, but won in court. Her staff threatened me while she quietly watched. Verrado is a beautiful, but Molly Evans as a leader, is a blond haired Hitler!.

people are so racist , if you are black , half black , Hispanic , from the middle west , or are white with no money , or interracial marriage , you will suffer racism or segregation even if you are fat trust me I used to live there your kids will pay the consequences , mine did got bullied all the time and finally after 2 years not living there they open their hearth and told me how they dislike it there.

"Pep rally's & Jamba Juice isn't going to get my children to college". .. Perfect sentiment! While Verrado was a great temp alternative to other, less than desirable schools in Buckeye, the fact that my kids came home complaining about bullies, singing radio hits & counting all the candy they were rewarded with throughout their day just wasn't cutting it for me. I was looking for teachers/staff capable of demonstrating excellent character - not engaging in whispers, dirty looks & popularity contests like stuck-up brats in the 13th grade Grow up, guys! With all of the resources & seasoned teachers available to such a well-funded school, they should be doing more than offering "traditional" or "gifted" options (really just more homework) in attempt to rival the charter schools that concerned parents are LEAVING Verrado for. In short, this is the perfect school for parents who are intentionally avoiding other public schools in the area, are okay with such mediocre standards & are willing to stick out like a sore thumb every time someone insists on asking if you LIVE in Verrado *Rolls Eyes* After an experience like THIS, there's no wonder why everyone is running toward charters!

There are many happy children in a high income neighborhood that attend this school. Mrs. Evans made many poor decisions as a principal and perpetuated the continuance of poor decisions as assistant superintendent. There is no after school tutoring or focus on meeting the needs of all children. The teachers work bell to bell and there is no going above and beyond other than xeroxing homework packets and planning fun activities that do not align to standards. This is a social club and you either embrace it or you are on the outs. Shame on relying on your demographic to remain in the Stone Age. Bigger packets and harder books do not equate to rigorous instruction. Pep rally's and Jamba Juice isn't going to get my children to college. A dedication to academic excellence and a willingness to persevere for every child will.

This school is amazing! When my daughter and I first came to VES we were welcomed very warmly! In normal schools you don't get your kids happy to do homework! But at VES they beg to do it! If you are looking for a great school where you and your child is happy verrado elementary school is the way to go!

The local schools in my area are not very good. I drive my child to Verrado Elementary instead and it is a wonderful school. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. The teachers are amazing!!! They truly care about my child and send home challenge work and praise. They are also very honest about any issues that I need to address with my child. The parents are really involved and I think that is part of the reason that the students are doing so well. I feel blessed that Verrado allows us to send our child there!

Ever since my 4 kids came to the verrado schools ( elementry, middle and high school ) they have improved 100%. I have 2 kids with staight A's and 2 with A's and B's... I really dont care about personal lives of the teachers ( not in a bad way, just not my business ), what I care about is my childrens education and they are doing great that even their self esteem has gotten better. They feel better everyday cause the teachers let them know how good they are doing and encourage them to keep going.... They went from D's and F's to A's and B's!!!!! They are all about the kids... We like it so much we want to move into Verrado!!! Very happy camper :)

Last modified Verrado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.