Posted December 05, 2014
I find it odd that the last review gave no specific details to what his/her problem was. My kids have been going to the school for the last 5 years. I have had nothing but positive things to say about the dedicated teachers on staff and the Principal. I have seen the school grow in what they offer in curriculum and activities and how they handle different situations as the area continues to grow. Sadly, I have seen some horrific parents and students come through the school as well and that makes the school's job even more difficult. I have nothing but good things to say about Festival Foothills and I think some of the negative comments come from personal agendas or experiences that does not reflect the school as a whole. I stood behind the school and staff 5 years ago and I continue to do so today. Any concerns that I have ever had was immediatley addressed by a teacher or the Prinicipal and I am always encouraged to come in at anytime to talk. This is a fantastic school with a fantastic staff. Those with the negative comments and experiences should, if they have not already, remove the student/s and place them in another school. Then let's see how schools compare.

Festival Foothills Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
If I could give this school a zero star rating I would. Don't be fooled as I did. Someone warned me about it but I wanted to see for myself and they were right. My kids had to pay for my mistake. All I will say is that it didn't have anything to do with church and school.

Posted October 27, 2014
I would disagree.I am only assuming that they are made out of jealousy or nastiness because they don't happen to feel as if "they" fit in. I've had my kids at other schools & all schools have a church rent space,whats the problem? They don't preach in the classroom. So you condemn a school because the community has a church there for them?Good for that church for activities to a very small area. Would you rather the kids be bored & have no youth activities,get off your high horse, leave people alone, stick your nose back where it belongs. For the school, it does a great job with the kids, my kids past schools have been the teachers don't stay after to tutor ,make sure the kids are succeeding or don't stay after school to play with kids,or the staff point fingers at the kids and don't openly talk to kids. My experience with THIS school has been great,always a couple rotten apples(parents that point fingers)in the bunch that try to ruin a good thing. Maybe those parents should be letting their kids grow,see diversity. There the ones who don't want it any other way but theirs. Festival Foothills is still # 1 in my book & from what I hear in the neighborhood most everyone else's too.

Posted October 08, 2014
When this school first opened it was a fantastic small school. When the new Principle took over a few years ago the school went down hill fast! Most of the incredible teaching staff is gone and the school is very unorganized. The best thing I have ever done is remove my children along with a lot of other parents . I agree with almost everything that was written from the July post. I do not recommend sending your children to this school.

Posted July 27, 2014
This school is no longer the best school in the northwest valley. Their is no separation of church and PUBLIC school here! The principal is the pastors wife. The church rents the back half of the school and has Sunday service in the cafeteria. The pastor is also a member of the Buckeye City Counsel. The assistant pastor sits on the school board. The superintendent of Wickenburg lives in the neighborhood and attends the church. His wife also happens to be the art/music teacher. The list goes on and on. The "church children" get preferential treatment, no outsiders welcome! If you have a child that is struggling do not bring them here! They don't offer any specialized learning. The school nurse and librarian are helping the slower learners, unbelievable! The principal states that she has other priorities and concerns. What is more important than educating the students? The principal has forgotten her mission and that of the schools. The faculty and church rallied for the teachers who were accused of misconduct with a student. One of those teachers happens to be a church member as well. Their is zero communication and transparency with this principal and this district! Beware!

Posted July 26, 2014
One of the better schools available in the far NW Valley. Small size of the school is very beneficial to the students. We've had the opportunity to have each teacher except KG and 1st. Happy with the curriculum, rigor, 1:1 attention, etc. Provides opportunity to get to know the students and families of what feels like an extremely small town. Coming from a larger district, school, class size, I can tell you this school is extraordinary. Complaints about Festival may have some weight, but are not entirely the whole picture. Sweeping things under the rug could be ones perception of a bullying issue or even the way the FALSE allegation of a teacher was handled, but perhaps they were being handled appropriately while honoring the rights of those involved. I have stepped into the office and asked questions, responses have always been honest and as transparent as they can be without violating the rights of those involved. As for the church - not really an issue, provides something for the neighborhood kids and families to do out there in the middle of nowhere. Thankful to have people, regardless of their affiliation of the church or not, with such great values working with the kids.

Posted February 11, 2014
This school is okay. Not much diversity though. Being that it is in a small community my child has been in with the same class of kids since the 3rd grade. Also don't have a great feeling about the schools anti bullying policy. My son had some issues with another child and it was eventually played off as not a big deal by the principal. When I withdrew him no one even asked why.

Posted August 09, 2013
I have never liked the public school system, but gave this school a chance based on what our neighbors have said. This school is outstanding! They are up to date with technology, and communicate electronically with parents. They are safety conscious and ensure each child gets into the correct vehicle. I love the small town feel. The principal even takes the time to remember every student, and their parents. My only critique is the special needs area. They need more training, and equipment.

Posted May 16, 2013
My school is awesome and the people that work there care about their students. Everyone is sweet and the whole Festival Foothills Team is a great way for our daughter to grow and become a smart and dynamic student. Thank you to all of you!! Mike & Reyna Mason

Festival Foothills Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2012
I enrolled my daughter in the Preschool program and to my surprise the teacher was very Rude on her first day. No compassion and enthusiasm regarding her starting the program. I had a discussion regarding this matter with the teacher and of course she stated it was "a misunderstanding". Well after feeling uneasy , I pulled her from the program and on the day I went to inform the Director of my decision, she stated to me that she was aware of the "misunderstanding" and was sorry that my experience was "horrible". Well, if you knew of my situation then why wouldn't I or my husband be contacted. (The situation occurred a week before the decision was made to leave the program). What adds to my frustration is this is a program that parents have to pay for their children to attend so common courtesy would've been expected and appreciated. I'm so appalled that no one ever contacted my husband or I that even though we live 2 blocks away, I will not be sending my daughter to school there ever. On another note, the (front desk administration) was very nice and helpful during enrollment.

Festival Foothills Elementary School
26252 W. Desert Vista Blvd., Buckeye, AZ  85396
Last modified Festival Foothills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Festival Foothills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top