Buckeye, AZ
After care: No

Posted October 29, 2014
I regret ever taking my autistic child to preschool here. The main teacher was nice but one of the other teacher's was rude and unprofessional. I had to ignore her attitude. Liberty believes in getting rid of gender roles being a "safe school" which is an anti-bullying campaign for gays. They force males to paint with pink and purple not letting them pick colors and also to get rid of gender roles. My child was taught songs about Obama which I found disturbing. Liberty equals liberal. My child would come home crying not able to explain what happened at school. I showed up early one day and saw my child being touched inappropriately by a teacher from another class. Then my child started crying. The teacher was surprised and you could tell thought no one saw and looked scared when they saw that I saw because I showed up to the school early. I reported it and was told they would be terminated. I have never been back to that school since. This has been the biggest regret of my life for my autistic child's first year in pre-school. I'm not sure if this will be posted. This is to serve as a warning to others since developmentally challenged kids are an easy target for predators.

Posted February 08, 2013
Liberty has been a wonderful school for my child! The principal, teachers, counselor, and support staff give this school a warm atmosphere to go along with its beautiful old charm. My son tells me that he loves school since starting at Liberty! This puts a smile on my face! I am so glad we have found the positive, supportive atmosphere we so desperately needed.

Posted May 17, 2008
We've only been here 5 months but the curriculum seems to be about a year behind what they should be learning. My 4th graders class is working on things she mastered before the end of 3rd grade at her previous school. The principal and teachers don't seem to want parent involvement. I've witnessed very little disipline of misbehaving students by the staff and no real structure. Unfortunately we do not have a choice in what public school our children are allowed to attend.

Posted April 06, 2008
Both of my daughters attend Liberty and are excelling academically which is our priority. Both have had quality teachers that bring their own unique style to the classroom. In 6 years at Liberty, I have never had to complain about a teacher. The communication between the teachers and the parents continues to improve each year. I find Liberty to be a quality school with quality teachers lead by a caring and involved Principal. The school and community embraced our family during (and since) a tragic family loss by doing so much more than necessary. With the talent shows, holiday performances, Fall festivals and community involvement 'family nights', the school maintains the small town feel that we love.

Posted October 25, 2007
My son has special needs and is in the special needs program at Liberty, I am very pleased with the special attention the school has accommodated my son with. He has improved drastically since he has been a student at Liberty.

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2007
I am shocked at the reviews this school has got so far. My children have been attending this school for 6 years and like any school, there have been some minor issues, but nothing that would make for a bad review. Both of my children excell every year and always have. I would recommend this school to anyone. If you take the time to be a part of your childs education instead of critisizing every one else for not raising your child right, then you would have no problems. Also, if you ask the teachers, they are great at putting the children in the best class to fit each individual childs needs.

Liberty Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2007
My two sons have been going to this school for two years but yet to see them progressing. one is ADHD but yet he has been struggling in having one on one that is needed. How? If no speech teacher available for 3 months!yet not told of the matter until a month after the fact. over all there are no after school programs or enough support in tutors available which concerns me.

Liberty Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2006
I agree with most of the reviews ahead. The staff is a little different. I love this school and so do my kids because of a very select few teachers along the way some who are no longer there. I have a comfy feeling around this school and most people are down to earth. We need more parental involvement and more extra curicular activities for these kids. The teachers have their little groupies and that just how it is if you don't fit watch out!

Liberty Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2006

Posted October 29, 2005
Liberty was said to be one of the better schools and unfortunately we were sadly mistaken. There are very few extracurricular activities, no band/choir/music available. Academically they are behind, and they have not succeeded very well in providing a safe learning environment. Several teachers have left due to the high amount of 'gang-related' activity at the elementary level and the lack of support provided by the school district in the discipline. There was not much emphasis placed on parental involvment and overall communication was poor.

Liberty Elementary School
19818 W Hwy 85, Buckeye, AZ  85326
Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top