Public charter
Bullhead City, AZ

Posted October 21, 2014
Young Scholar's Academy is a charter school in the Fort Mohave area. I love this school for my children. I want to raise children that are well educated, accountable for their actions, and prepared for the world. Bullying, yeah there is bullying. Wherever there are humans there are bullies. However, I feel that this school takes appropriate actions to educate the children on how to deal with bullies, and supports positive behavior when possible. I know many friends that have children in the public schools and they deal with bullying, unprofessional teacher behavior, drugs and violence. The latter three is something I have never dealt with at Young Scholar's Academy. I am proud to say that the teachers, aides, office staff, and administration have been nothing but professional. Young Scholar's Academy also has a very involved PTA!

Posted August 06, 2014
Young Scholar's Academy is amazing. Great teachers, office staff, aides, and students. I would not place my children in any other school in the area.

Posted June 23, 2014
This school is totally awesome! They really care about the students and their families! I wouldn't have my kids anywhere else!

Young Scholars Academy 1

Posted June 22, 2014
this school is a joke, the secretary at YSA is very rude, I'm really not happy with the staff or the principal. They seemed to be worried about the 'high income' kids. It seems to be all about how much money is coming. terrible experience w the principal, secretary and staff. they lost my daugther for more then 30 minutes, no comunication.

Posted November 13, 2013
YSA is no doubt the best choice for any parent looking to obtain a grade A education for their child in the lower Colorado river valley. My child is in kindergarten w/ Mrs. Arnold (she rocks!) and comes home everyday eager to put her new found knowledge to work in real world applications! I do not remember learning to spell words at the level she is able to until at least the end of 1st grade maybe 2nd grade. My daughter is definitely gaining a great education because of the passion that the YSA staff bring to school everyday! Now there are a few fall backs to this school but the education my daughter has obtained makes these issues very minuscule: There is a waiting list, no school transportation and a 9 a.m. start time is difficult for parents with normal business hour jobs. A couple perks that make this school helpful to parents: after school program until 6 p.m. at an extremely affordable rate (I think $20 a week), year round school schedule, YSA provides a day care program during school break periods and this school is extremely close knit, everybody know everybody and parents and children can be dealt with on a personal level.

Young Scholars Academy 4

Posted November 07, 2013
The school is great for education. The teachers seem to really care about the kids. One problem I do have, however, it's that they don't seem to care about offering proper nutrition. They are always being rewarded with pizza, pop, and junk snacks on top of the weekly pizza parties. They even have a teacher that sells candy, soda, snacks. Ithink they give out way to many homework passes. On top of the normal amount homework passes, my child just got another 115 from a pinata at a haloween party! How are they suppose to learn anything?

Young Scholars Academy 3

Posted May 31, 2013
This school has a problem with bullying. They state they have a "no bullying policy", yet each child that has been bullied, nothing has been done to those children doing the bullying. Several parents have removed their children this year because of this reason. They feel like a couple previous posters that the kids get away with bad behavior because of donations to the school that their parent's made, one in particular donated $10,000 dollars and their child is a bully who made another student cry almost daily and the most this bully had to do for a punishment was say "sorry". Bullying aside, my child does receive a good education here. I have to remind my child to ignore the drama, favoritism for those with more money and children of teachers/aides (being in the same class the teacher/aide teaches) and just focus on school work, which isn't always easy but in the end bullying happens everywhere and I think at this time schools just don't know how to handle it properly. I did expect better from this school. Unlike the other parents we won't leave the school, but it is sad that the nothing is done to help protect these kids better. There is athletics, music, drama, sports.

Young Scholars Academy 4

Posted April 01, 2013
There are some really good teachers at Young Scholars, and with the help of their aides, there is no excuse for any child to not do well. My daughter comes home almost every day telling me about the drama, which is not the schools fault, but maybe if they had more work to do, there wouldn't be time for this......

Young Scholars Academy 2

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted May 07, 2009
I love the teachers and staff at YSA they seam to care about the children. Excellent programs and activities. They welcome parents involvement. My son is looking forward to first grade.

Young Scholars Academy
1501 E. Valencia Rd., Bullhead City, AZ  86426
Last modified Young Scholars Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top