Public charter
Bullhead City, AZ

Posted July 15, 2015
Young Scholar's Academy is amazing. Great teachers, office staff, aides, and students. I would not place my children in any other school in the area.

Young Scholars Academy
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 15, 2015
Young Scholar's Academy instills honesty, integrity and fairness with their students. I am proud to say my child attends YSA!

Posted May 31, 2015
The principal secretary and teachers are not concerned about the student(s) it's all about that money. The principal and secretary find it necessary to put themselves in the middle of "parenting" issues and court orders. The teachers have no time to spend with students unless they are "academically" involved.

Posted April 27, 2015
Young Scholar's Academy is an absolutely wonderful school! The are always fair in their discipline measures. They listen to all sides of the story and react appropriately. My children (and nieces and nephews) have learned self-responsibility and how to appropriately handle any situation. The academic regimen has high expectations and my family is thriving there! I wouldn't have them anywhere else!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2015
The managements professionalism, student care , student self motivaton, and respect for there students self esteem has sure went down hill over the last couple of years at YOUNG SCHOLAR ACADEMY. They like to completely over react to disciplinary situation. They have destroyed my child's self esteem to the point I don't know if it can be repaired and they don't even care. YEP!!! TIME TO MOVE SCHOOLS !!!!!

Posted March 24, 2015
School was over today and daycare was to pick up my daughter, my daughter was no where to be found. I frightened called the school where I was transfered to Mrs. Defransisco who could not be bothered by my missing daughter story and proceed to curse me out and hang up on me. I am a buisness owner and contribute to my community every day. I believe My daughter is not at this scrolls pay scale or expectations. I would not recommend this colt to another human being.

Posted October 21, 2014
Young Scholar's Academy is a charter school in the Fort Mohave area. I love this school for my children. I want to raise children that are well educated, accountable for their actions, and prepared for the world. Bullying, yeah there is bullying. Wherever there are humans there are bullies. However, I feel that this school takes appropriate actions to educate the children on how to deal with bullies, and supports positive behavior when possible. I know many friends that have children in the public schools and they deal with bullying, unprofessional teacher behavior, drugs and violence. The latter three is something I have never dealt with at Young Scholar's Academy. I am proud to say that the teachers, aides, office staff, and administration have been nothing but professional. Young Scholar's Academy also has a very involved PTA!

Posted June 22, 2014
this school is a joke, the secretary at YSA is very rude, I'm really not happy with the staff or the principal. They seemed to be worried about the 'high income' kids. It seems to be all about how much money is coming. terrible experience w the principal, secretary and staff. they lost my daugther for more then 30 minutes, no comunication.

Posted November 13, 2013
YSA is no doubt the best choice for any parent looking to obtain a grade A education for their child in the lower Colorado river valley. My child is in kindergarten w/ Mrs. Arnold (she rocks!) and comes home everyday eager to put her new found knowledge to work in real world applications! I do not remember learning to spell words at the level she is able to until at least the end of 1st grade maybe 2nd grade. My daughter is definitely gaining a great education because of the passion that the YSA staff bring to school everyday! Now there are a few fall backs to this school but the education my daughter has obtained makes these issues very minuscule: There is a waiting list, no school transportation and a 9 a.m. start time is difficult for parents with normal business hour jobs. A couple perks that make this school helpful to parents: after school program until 6 p.m. at an extremely affordable rate (I think $20 a week), year round school schedule, YSA provides a day care program during school break periods and this school is extremely close knit, everybody know everybody and parents and children can be dealt with on a personal level.

Young Scholars Academy 4

Posted November 07, 2013
The school is great for education. The teachers seem to really care about the kids. One problem I do have, however, it's that they don't seem to care about offering proper nutrition. They are always being rewarded with pizza, pop, and junk snacks on top of the weekly pizza parties. They even have a teacher that sells candy, soda, snacks. Ithink they give out way to many homework passes. On top of the normal amount homework passes, my child just got another 115 from a pinata at a haloween party! How are they suppose to learn anything?

Young Scholars Academy
1501 E. Valencia Rd., Bullhead City, AZ  86426
Last modified Young Scholars Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Young Scholars Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top