Public charter
Camp Verde, AZ
After care: No

Posted June 04, 2014
Not what i thought it would be. I was reffered to this school by a graduate.he told me that this school was awesome and the teachers there were great and would help you and work with you to make it through the year. which all of this was true for the begining of the year as we got further into the school year things started going down hill. The principle was never there and when he was he was always rude to the staff. particularly one teacher who did everything in her power to help me and many others progress. she was constantly going above and beyond. even after the way she was being treated she made things fair. she was what made that school what it was. after hearing that teacher was motivated me to get all my missing credits and almost finish high school was terminated, i decided to terminate my year at pace at well i hope to find a better put together school and one that will get me done in no time pace is not was it was made out to be...not the brightest idea letting go of the one person that kept that school afloat i will NOT be returning!

Posted June 03, 2014
This school took away three years of my life with no help in my school work at all regardless if I asked for help or not they should've helped. The principal was never there and when he was he was just making some new ridiculous rule as if we were pre schoolers and he always tried to incorporate new school tactics from outside schools and ruining what we had at pace. If you're thinking of enrolling in pace don't it's an awful school who fired it's longest working teacher who was the glue holding it together. Also they hired a new teacher who's name is Mary and who I felt specifically targeted me and said on numerous occasions that " I was never gonna graduate" I felt really mistreated.

Posted June 01, 2014
When I first started going to Pace back in 2013, I loved it! The two teachers who were there helped me with everything I needed and encouraged me to graduate early. This year was suppose to be my senior year, and I have worked very hard to be where I am. Bill our principle ended up firing our best and most helpful teacher. She was the reason I even made it to my senior year, she helped me make up a years worth of credits, and also helped me get ahead as well so that I could graduate with the class of 2014 instead of 15'. Once she left, I was left without any help or encouragement. Only one other teacher was willing to go out of her way to help me, and unfortunately, this teacher isnt an actual teacher, she's more of an assistant. I was left with no help, actually the complete opposite. I was told I was not going to graduate, I only needed a half credit more which is ONE test, and they were not willing to let me take it, or help me at all.. They told me this should "teach me a lesson." I had already prepared for graduation, so my dad called and begged them to let me walk, which they did. But I now have to attend summer school. I have never been so disappointed with a school.

Posted May 31, 2014
I have been at this school for a few years, and what we had at PACE was awesome. We were a family, we were safe, we were respected, and we were loved. There was a teacher there, who has been there for like 9 years. She was the one who gave it the specialness that we had. I don't know what happened this year, but I know she left in tears one day. And everything went down fast after that. She is fired now, and we the students are hurting. Pace will never be the same, they will never be able to make it the way it was. I will not be going there ever again, and I am telling everyone what a bad deal we all got. If you are thinking of going there, don't. The staff that are still there won't have your back. What a shame to destroy a thing as beautiful as we had, I feel really bad.

Posted May 29, 2014
I just found out that the teacher that worked there has been fired. This is such a shame she was the one who was helpful and the students loved. She went above and beyond her responsibilities, she even drove my student home from school on many occasions. We live way beyond where she needed to drive to her own home. She really cared about each and every student and stayed in contact with me as a parent. All I can say is it is their loss. This school will never be the same without her, and we will not be returning next year or any other.

Posted May 29, 2014
I was recommended to pace by a former graduate. He raved about how great the school was when he was there. He told me how awesome a particular teacher there was. So i decided to check it out and attend everything he said was true for the beginning of the year however as the year progressed it went down hill. I was happy to be at the school due to one teacher who was fired before the year was completely finished she was my motivation she really pushed me and helped me move forward. she worked with my work schedule and kept in touch with me.its such a shame to know that she will not be at Pace anymore! I know that she helped so many other students feel good about graduating. I also know that as soon as she left so did half of the students no other teacher there helped the students and pushed them to finish school. unfortunately due to the lack of respect i seen from head staff and just the lack of motivation i will again be searching for a school to help me complete my final year. I have no idea what pace was thinking best of luck to you all

Pace Preparatory Academy 0

Posted May 29, 2014
I attended this high school from 9th grade all the way to graduation. This school had a bad reputation but really no one ever took the time to get to know us they just judged us. In my time at that school thanks to the help of one teacher we became known, we learned how to get along with everyone in our class not just are friends by the end of my first year there everyone was a family she pulled us all together she is why students come to that school. We all went there because we all knew she would always be there to help us through everything. She always went above and beyond and have her all to that school.. I would not be where I am today if it wasn't for her. Its such a shame to see that school lost two of the best teachers its ever had and will ever have. That school will lose a lot of students now due to someone's false claims. Pace lost alot by letting them go!!!!!!!!!

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2014
My name is Ryan Martinez I always had a hard time in schooland never could really understand any of the subjects.reason being I was moved around a lot as a kidso therefore I have been through my share of teachers and none have really tried to understand me or really help me out as much as Lori Boyce . I completely disagree what was done to her. It was not right and should be resolvedshe really got in trouble for her teaching methods which honestly was one of the best teaching method you can do and that is relate to the kids in the classroom . II honestly feel now that she is gone I am not gonna get the motivation i need to succeed this school. this school has let me in a lot of people that I know down.

Pace Preparatory Academy 4

Posted May 29, 2014
Well First Off Pace Is A Great School But Honestly They Fired An Amazing Lady She Has Done Everything To Help Her Students Succeed She Helped Me And Gave Me The Motivation To Want To Graduate From School They Made A Big Mistake By Letting Her Go She Has Done Everything For Pace For All Her Hard Work To Be Unappreciated!

Posted May 14, 2014
What happened to this school? My daughter attended this school from the beginning of the year, and as the year progressed, it went to the dogs. A favorite teacher was harassed and bullied, and was then terminated. The students lost all joy in the school, including my daughter and her friends. We will not be returning, and make sure you check this school out before sending your son or daughter.

Pace Preparatory Academy
Campus closed, Camp Verde, AZ  86322
Last modified Pace Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Pace Preparatory Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top