Casa Grande, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,364

Casa Grande Union High School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
I have had 3 of my children go here, and I need to say that the past year has been the worst. The new admin. is not in touch with the schools, teachers, students, or anyone. He is ready to cast blame on anyone and everyone but himself. Hiring and firing at his will without reason or a word. It has become the good boys club, if you are his friend, you stay, if not you go. Teachers and students afraid to come school. My student has a 4.0, and always followed the rules, yet was still yelled at, along with the student body. Now I don't feel it is a safe learning environment for my children, and we are out! Enough is enough, and I can't believe the school board is putting up with it.

Casa Grande Union High School 4

Posted December 11, 2011
CGUHS is really a decent school--there are plenty of awesome teachers there, and ALL of the AP teachers are the best, and really try their best to make sure the students understand all of the material. A few of the guidance counselors need some improvement there, and sometimes I feel as though the administration and the teachers are on two different pages all of the time, like the administration has no idea about what is really going on or how to handle it. Just like anything in life, what you put into it is what you get out of it--this school has sent kids to Yale, Notre Dame, George Washington, Parsons--and yet, at the same time, there are kids that graduate that stil can't write or do basic algebra, and girls that get pregnant and drop out.Parents are just as important as the teachers and students, and the school shouldnt be to blame for the lack of success of the sudents.Plenty of students are involved with drugs and alcohol, which also plays a role in success of the sudents.This is really a great school, just as long as the parents care as much as the students,and the students care a much as the teachers. If this school had better funding, great things could happen.

Posted November 01, 2010
Great learning programs and good staff for the students to succeed.

Posted October 27, 2010
I love Casa Grande Union High school because of the teachers. They really care about their students and would go above and beyond to help them in any way they can. One teacher in particular really made a difference for me. Her name is Ms. Boenzi-Reed. If it was not for her helping me I would not have graduated,and I am very thankful for that school, and for her.

Posted October 12, 2010
I love CGUHS because they have an awesome group of SADD students who are excited and determined to make a positive difference in the life of their school and community!!!

Posted October 09, 2010
The students are excellent. They want to learn and love their school.

Posted October 04, 2009
I am the SADD sponsor and the kids are great. I have not had one bad year teaching at this school.

Casa Grande Union High School 5

Posted October 04, 2009
Great spirit...and they have awesome clubs like SADD!

Casa Grande Union High School 2

Posted September 29, 2008
I'm sorry but I can't give this school a good rating- maybe it's just because I'm biased, but my son was continually passed from class to class without really being held accountable for studies or even showing up for class! Allbeit, a student must take reponsibility for his or her own actions, the school must as well. If a student is not applying oneself in a study then they have no business being passed to the next level or the next grade. It's time the schools quit 'leaving children behind' and actually raise the bar for a change.

Casa Grande Union High School 1

Posted June 10, 2008

Casa Grande Union High School
2730 North Trekell Road, Casa Grande, AZ  85222
Last modified Casa Grande Union High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Casa Grande Union High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top