Bad
Good

Both my children have attended Cholla Elementary and have had positive experiences. The staff holds high expectations for all their students; academically and behaviorally. Mrs. Freed is a fantastic teacher who goes above and beyond with her students. This is a great school, with a friendly and safe environment.

I had three children who attended Cholla. We moved out of town, however, liked the school. Do agree though some of the office staff are less then friendly and the Principle is good but takes a lot to handle certain situations. My oldest son's teacher was awful! Belittling unexceptable! Middle son's teacher fantastic! Whoa..whoa. My daughter's teacher wonderful, she helped so much with her behavior. Great Oasis Program. Overall, good school.

Cholla has been an absolutely wonderful experience for my child. He has grown so much, both socially and academically, that it's hard to believe he's the same child that entered school in August. He loves not only his own teacher, but enjoys his time with other teachers and paraprofessionals. He has a very close relationship with the principal, and knows that she is someone who is truly in his corner, day in and day out. As far as academics are concerned, Cholla is top-notch. As a Reading First school, I know that Cholla is receiving the best professional development available. And now that the district has adopted a new math program, he is flourishing in both reading AND math. I would certainly recommend Cholla to anyone moving to Casa Grande!

I would rate the teaching staff as caring but there are problems where the administrative staff is concerned. Being a past member of the human resources field for over 20 years, I find the problem solving skills of the principal lacking. My grandchildren attending this school do not feel their is someone in their corner to protect them against bullies, etc. They experience a great deal of anxiety from the time they get on the school bus until they return home. Our education system should be promoting a comfort zone for students so they will want to attend school instead of facing anxiety at the idea of getting on a school bus and going to school! As a grandparent dealing with other schools in others areas, I would not recomment this school.

My two children had previously attended a private school in Casa Grande for 6 years. This has been our first experience with public school and thus far Cholla has surpassed all expectaions. My child loves school and is excited to go on a daily basis. He thoroughly enjoys the nature of his teacher. He is excelling and his once serious demeanor, is much calmer and relaxed. I do not find the curriculum to be much different than the private school, if anything, I feel his teacher is just better at educating him. His grades have improved substantially and his overall disposition as well. It's wonderful to see the happy, successful child that he is and I feel Cholla elementary has helped him achieve that.

The principal at Cholla Elementary School has been and remains unhelpful and uncaring when altercations and/or situations are brought to her attention. I have been belittled and insulted when expressing my concerns to both the principle and the Superintendent of Schools. I was advised to file a formal complaint and to, 'be sure to include nouns and verbs'. This, in my opinion, is unprofessional and inappropriate. Before my children attended Cholla they were excited about school, now it is a fight to get them out of bed, they say they are sick, cry and actually experience panic attacks at the idea of getting on the bus and going to school. I am currently looking for another school as my children dread going to Cholla on a day to day basis. In addition, I do not believe the academics at this school are up to par with state standards. My children are bombarded with 'busy work' homework that does not relate to productive learning materials.

All my kids have attened Cholla from K to 5th and they have all done great. The school has been very supportive when two of my children had health problems. The school was right there for all the help in all area.

Last modified Cholla Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.