Evergreen Elementary School

Public | K-5

Posted February 28, 2014

The principal and the assistance principal(teacher of record) are very unprofessional ! They show disrespect toward their teachers and parents. The principal do not hire minorities teachers... They like to stereotype minorities...

Posted April 22, 2013

The teachers at this school are great, but the administrators are not. The principal is very argumentative and does not follow through when it comes to school programs. My son has been going to this school for the last two years (kinder & 1st) but I am looking for a better school to enroll him and his brother who will be attending kinder this year. If you do not want to get involved much with the school and can supplement teachings you want to give your children, then go for it.

Posted April 5, 2011

Evergreen is a awsome school.I went to Evergreen school almost all my life.I went to Evergreen 1st through 5th grade.I am in fifth grade now i am in fifth grade now and i am sad i have to go to sixth grade.My years at Evergreen have been the best years of my life.I hope i can go and visit Evergreen agian when my little Baby Nicie goes there.I just hope my favorite teacher is still there when i go back.y favorite teacher is Ms.Macauly.If you are reading this Ms.Macauly I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 21, 2010

We went to Evergreen for Kindergarten and moved which put us in a different school zone (Ironwood) which was not a good experience. We then went back to Evergreen for second grade and kindergarten of another child and had a wonderful experience. Awesome principal, great staff, all around great. Definitely a positive environment which is hard to find in CG.

Posted November 1, 2009

I have had a wonderful experience at this school. When I first entered this school I felt like I was at a whole nother home. The staff was always friendly and the school was great at teaching us. They always had a life lesson every week. I now have a huge character wall that was created by Evergreen. Thank you, Your 2008-2009 student body president!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 12, 2008

I think this school is so great! Ms.Linch was a great principal but she left for a job,and now we have Mrs.Debbie John and shes great too! We love that school!
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 30, 2007

I am very happy with this school. My son's teacher is Ms. Baker and she is absolutely great! She is very fair and my son learned a lot.

Posted July 20, 2007

I am so pleased with this school. Evergreen has the highest marks for acadimic in the district. My child too has benefitted from the structure, and level of care from staff and learning enviornment.

Posted July 20, 2007

An awesome school. I had a situation with another student bothering my son. The principal took care of it immediately. Staff has always been friendly and helpful to our family. Education is one of the best in the district.

Posted March 29, 2006

The staff at this school is not very friendly to parents. They do not make you feel welcome at this school.

Posted March 1, 2006

My daughter has been at Evergreen for 3 years (first grade through third grade). Moving here from California I was worried about the level of academic programs. There was really no cause to worry. Evergreen is unique in Casa Grande as it is the school with the most after school academic programs.

Posted July 28, 2004

I love that my kids attend this school the teachers are excellent and the school is safe, unlike others in the district. My children are learning so much now and enjoy going to school.

Posted July 28, 2004

Posted March 17, 2003

My son has been going to Evergreen for the last three years. I feel that the teachers attention to the students is wonderful. My son is not self motivated, so the teachers have really put out the effort to get him envolved. One teacher Ms. Tinnin has really made a difference with both of my childern. I am really glad that we were lucky enough to have her teach both of my kids.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 49%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (520) 421-0423

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1000 N Amarillo