Ironwood School 5

Posted August 05, 2013
Ironwood school has been great. The teachers and principal really stay pro active with their students and it shows.

Ironwood School 2

Posted July 31, 2013
Ironwood is better than a lot of schools in Casa Grande. However they need a lot of improvement. The principal refuses to talk with parents unless they have an appointment. One of the ladies in the office (sitting at the front desk) is extremely helpful and friendly. The woman with the red hair, Terry, needs to be fired. She is rude and acts like she is doing parents a favor by being there. In fact that is the attitude of everyone at this school. You would think with all of the choices parents have in this city they would at least act like they want your children to attend their school. There is very little communication between the school and parents. It also seems like all of their teachers are very young. The absolute worst thing about this school is the traffic and parking lot situation. If parents followed the rules and the staff enforced them things could be better. Overall the charter schools in town are a MUCH better option.

Ironwood School 5

Posted February 17, 2009

Ironwood School 1

Posted April 13, 2008
I have had my dauughter in this school for her second year now, she's in second grade, and the quality of instruction has diminished significantly. We receive notices for events the day after they occur. Her teacher fails to hold tests on the days he said that it was going to be on. She is learning spelling words that she did in kindergarten. And their timed readings vary from rediculously simple to essays on rain forrest preservation. I have never seen curriculum that ranges from such an extreme from day to day, with no explanation other than 'well I'm not the one who picks it out' from her teacher. Further when it comes to report cards my daughter receives 'S' as her grades because twice now her teacher has told us at conference, 'I give all the kids 'S.' Absolutely rediculous!

Posted July 07, 2007
Ironwood doesn't hold take home fundraisers for the safety of our children. Sending children door to door is to dangerous these days and a lot of kids do live in the same neighborhoods, and most likely then the parents would be taking the fundraisers to work with them. Having parents donate straight to the school gives the parents tax deductible and the whole donation goes to the school and pays for the events and field trips for the kids. Every class last year went on a least 1 field trip some even took 2 field trips and that was paid for from the money donated by families.

Posted March 11, 2007
Ironwood is a great school, I just wish they would do fun fundraising instead of expecting parents to donate money. I agree with the traffic situation, although they have had Police officers out there trying to help out its just a cramped small parking lot, nothing that can be helped.

Ironwood School 2

Posted March 09, 2007
My biggest complaint is that the principal and front office staff are not helpful and unpleasant. The school also really needs to improve the traffic situation before and after school. Ironwood has some really grest teachers and some that are really lacking in a lot of areas.

Ironwood School 4

Posted October 28, 2005
While the scores for this school remain low, they are coming up. The principal and teachers have high expectations for all of the students and those expecations are paying off in student achievement.

Ironwood School 4

Posted October 13, 2004
Overall, I am very pleased with Ironwood. It concerns me that all of the schools in our town are very deficient in physical education and recess supposedly due to stringent guidelines for curriculum and academics. My greatest difficulty is getting the Principal and other administration to understand that I am an advocate for them and their workplace as much as for the kids, and I am not against them on a personal level at all. My daughter would excel if she were more able to learn at her pace rather than be slowed by her peers, however that is not the fault of the teachers, just a flawed system overall, I believe. Not only is 'No Child Left Behind' a concern, but for me it's more a matter of those that are being PULLED behind.

Posted July 28, 2004
While I enjoyed having my kids at this school, it has problems keeping principals and the front office staff are some what moody. I enjoyed most of the teachers. I would have liked my children to stay at this school but I am much happier with the new school.

Ironwood School
1460 N. Pinal Avenue, Casa Grande, AZ  85222
Last modified Ironwood School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ironwood School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top