Bad
Good

Because of the consistent and firm discipline the students' receive, I feel that my child is in a safe environment. The teachers are great and extremely helpful.

I am a student at Cactus Middle School. Before i came here I was one of the barely passing students. Now I am staight A+ student in just one semester!!!!! This school is amazing in all ways .

I go to cactus and it is totally awsome they have great advanced classes... I would know because I am in them!

The teachers are great and very helpful. As far as the other staff. I have yet to meet the principle. Even after several request. I can't wait for my child to get out of Cactus Middle School.

I was a student a cactus and I loved it! The school its self is very nice with large space in both Media Center, Cafitiriea,Gym, and the campus it self. The students and staff are great and I was surprised how much test scores are going up each year and how much I learned.

Our family was new to the Casa Grande District this year, moving from Kyrene District in Chandler where my child was on the honor roll. The advanced programs here were not challenging to my child, who was also admonished for asking questions. With so few choices in this area, it has been a very frustrating school year. Although Principal Lavender was helpful and supportive, others in the administration scored much lower and even seemed to exacerbate the situation. It will be interesting to see what happens after Lavender leaves in 2007-08. I'll be glad that my child will be out of that place.

Our daughter is in many of the advanced programs at Cactus. Overall, she has excelled at the school and the faculty have been instrumental. I have only had issues with two teachers and considering the amount of students these people have to contend with, I can see why teachers get a little overbearing. Other than that, this is an awesome school with an awesome staff! We have two more children and regardless of attendance boundaries, we will be asking for Cactus as our middle school. Krystie Sojourner

Our son is in sixth grade and new to Casa Grande. He was pessimistic about starting a new school and having new friends. We approached Principal Lavender regarding our son's fears, and he immediately involved our son in the 'new student program.' Our son is enjoying CMS, his new school and new friends. Academically, he is learning new material. He particularly enjoys math. He mentioned his math teacher is excellent and explains all formulas in an easy to understand manner. Thank you CMS. CMS Parents.

Last modified Cactus Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.