Casa Grande, AZ

Desert Willow Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2014
Ever Since I switched my son to this school they have helped me so much with his learning disabilities. He has been improving so much and he get the help he needs. I am very happy and will continue to keep my son at this school.

Posted January 10, 2014
One of the worst school in town. I was very displeased with the staff beginning with the principle and teachers. There is no structure, I didn't see my child curriculum for the year, teachers are too busy to meet, the principle is somewhere busy to take notice in how inconsistent the school in performing. I would not recommend this public school to any parent who care about their child's education. Your child will likely get bullied on just like my child. However i was very prompt in removing my son from a such dissatisfying environment. If you're looking to enroll your child into a school, look elsewhere before making the mistake I made.

Desert Willow Elementary School 3

Posted July 14, 2009
My first child attended Kindergarten here this year and I really liked his teacher. I really was not impressed with the office staff though. Not very friendly and have heard negative comments from other parents as well about them.

Posted April 10, 2009
I think that desert willow along with the teachers and the principal are incredible . I have been involved since day 1 and my daughter is doing so well the staff really ago the extra mile to assure the students are doing there best.

Posted October 29, 2008
I am very disappointed in this schools principle, I made a teacher request before school started because my daughter is having major trouble, she failed to fulfill my request and said she only makes environmental request. So I allowed my daughter to start with the teacher of there choice, big mistake. My daughter comes home with almost all of her work pages empty. The teacher realizes this and said in my conference that my daughter 'just says all well' if she can't get past the first problem. The teacher does not grade classroom work because it is just practice, she only grades test! I beleive (and the teacher does)that my daughter is deslexic but this school will not test her for it, I have to take her to a doctor they tell me. I am very disappointed in this school. I am trying to find a new school at this point.

Posted September 30, 2008
I am extremely discouraged by the way the principle handles serious situations that have occured in both the kindergarten and 1st grade classes. I am very involved as a parent in my child's education, but I cannot tolerate the sweep under the carpet attitude, or the it will eventaully go away theories as utilized by this principle.

Posted April 28, 2008
This is a great school. I have found the principal to be caring, supportive, and willing to go the extra mile. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. Shofner, is fantastic. She teaches much more than the curriculum requires. I am very impressed by the kindergarten program.

Desert Willow Elementary School 5

Posted February 14, 2008
This school is absolutely always impressing me! I have 2 boys here, we've just moved from Michigan, and both Ms. Johns and Mrs. Huberty have made the transition so smooth for my boys! The staff in the front office are always helpful and friendly. Class sizes are smaller compared to most schools, and the staff is always in contact with parents! I would highly recommend this school!! We love it!

Desert Willow Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2008
I have 3 children at this school. 2 are doing very well but 1 is having issues with his teacher. The Principal does not like conflict and refuses to confront the teacher or otherwise become involved.

Posted January 12, 2008
I don't like this school,The principal doesn't get involved!

2172 N. Arizola Rd., Casa Grande, AZ  85222
Last modified Desert Willow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Willow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top