Casa Grande, AZ

Posted November 11, 2014
Teachers looking for a job: In today's teaching job market, you may be desperate...but you're not THIS desperate. Trust me. You will be subjected to constant scrutiny, made to sit through hours of worthless training. You will be treated like an imbecile. If a parent complains (valid or invalid concern) YOU will be at fault, YOU will not be supported by administration. If you're looking for autonomy as a teacher, you will not get it here. If you're looking for a respectful wage, you will not get it here. They will not be forthwith and tell you that $4-5k of your salary is dependent upon "bonuses" that can easily be revoked. They will also forget to mention that you will need to take an SEI class to keep your job (until it's said and done you will pay $250-500 to keep your job here). They will not help with a dime of this money, or your relocation (if needed). They are passive aggressive and most of the staff is toxic, having a very cliquish mentality, and if you don't play the part, you will be exiled. I'm telling you potential teacher, DO NOT apply. DO NOT take this job if offered. This school is all about going through the motions to look good, but not actually doing it.

Posted October 10, 2014
I am one of the former staff members of Villago Middle School. It is one thing to see it from the child's perspective, which is many times valid. Even parental concerns are valid many times; however, it is different from the staff perspective. The current principal, is pushing "spark," which is rehashed attachment theory - a criminal justice theory that doesn't work. The principal is pushing education theory that is making students and staff more and more self-centered. Another issue is that the staff, in many meetings, exhibit the same behavior that they condemn in students. This is hypocrisy at its best. Another issue, as well, is that meetings between teachers have become gossip sessions instead of a time to address concerns. This raises the concern that there is special treatment among the staff. Upon recognizing these issues, I realized that it is causing a trickle down effect on students and new staff members. With staff members attempting to destroy each other, it is no wonder that the education system is falling apart. I hope that parents can work together to reverse the tide of darkness that looms over our once brilliantly shiny education system.

Posted August 04, 2013
This is one of the worst schools I have ever had to attend. The staff is disrespectful and looks down on the students. They don't care if the students are learning the material that is being taught. I have struggled with math a lot this year and I think it is because one of our math teachers quit mid-year and the staff couldn't be bothered to find a replacement. During the year we had people come in to grade our school and the teachers were told to be on their "best behavior". The staff doesn't care about the students and I am glad to be going to high school finally.

Villago Middle School 5

Posted April 24, 2013
As a teacher at Villago, we have an outstanding team of educators who are each passionate and progressive in our teaching styles. Most schools are struggling to embrace the Common Core guidelines, while we have teachers who have already implemented them into our classrooms. As with all schools, there are weaknesses but overall our programming before, during and after school encourages student leadership and exploration . We have an outstanding Student Council, Band, NJHS, drama, robotics, science olympiad and journalism program. We have high expectations for both academics and behavior. Our staff doesn't solely believe in a punishment based system. We work with each child to develop a relationship first, and use referrals as a final resource. Your child's experience at Villago would be a strong one.

Posted April 03, 2013
Villago Middle School is great.....if you would settle for mediocrity. I am in all the top classes and am still not challenged. The teachers are great but they are not able to give us all of their knowledge due to what the school board has said. Even the gym classes are bad, we can't even play dodgeball with real dodge balls. The only thing I must say is that if you are forced to move here go to Villago, it's the best you can do for now. After you get out of middle school though, LEAVE, the high schools have nothing to offer. Move the Chandler area and go there, again LEAVE after middle school.

Villago Middle School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
There has been quite a turnover in staff this year. The people in charge are creating a lot of stress in the school. They are worried the kids won't pass the aims test. Shouldn't they be concerned that the kids aren't learning how to reason out things? There are many great teachers there but they are not treated with respect by the admin. Of course there are some who get better treatment than others. The students are not treated equally either-- some are allowed to act up & don't get in trouble. Something is wrong there.

Villago Middle School 5

Posted March 10, 2011
this is by far the best school i have ever been in! in has awesome teachers and there is no question at all the best band and drum-line not only in the state but in the country! all tough by the best band teacher ever Mr. H

Posted January 12, 2011
In my opinion villago middle school is a school of punishment consequences, and discipline. I have a child with special needs and every time I turn around they are belittling her putting her down giving her Zap and ASD I am so tired of them. You went to school to be a teacher to care for these kids is this how you would want your children treated by other teachers at there schools. This is a job teaching so then teach them the Math the reading the science the social studies and we the (PARENTS) will do our job of raising and discipline to make them responsible mature individuals when they become adults. You have your place as a teacher and we have our place as the parents let's not step over our boundaries.

Villago Middle School

Posted April 03, 2010
My daughter is new to the school and so far she likes it very much! I am very impressed with the band teacher as my daughter was thinking of quiting before she started at Villago. My daughter has only good things to say about all of her teachers and I am pleased so far with the level of challenging assignments.

Villago Middle School 4

Posted September 04, 2009
I'm very impressed by the standards the children are held to in both education and life. I would give it a 5 star rating, but i do disagree with the athletics department of not having 6th graders play certain sports.

Villago Middle School
574 E. Lakeside Parkway, Casa Grande, AZ  85222
Last modified Villago Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villago Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top