Public charter
Casa Grande, AZ

Posted April 15, 2014
I love this school. My daughter is about to go in to first grade and in the past year has learned all the letter, sounds, and letter groupings and sounds. She has been doing spelling tests and gets 100% on all. She does book reports and recites poems in front of the classroom. She has done excellent. I love her teacher and all the staff.

Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande 1

Posted January 20, 2014
VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL....LANGUAGE FROM STUDENTS, TEACHERS & PARENTS IS HORRIBLY INAPPROPRIATE....NO FAMILY ATMOSPHERE...YOU ARE A NUMBER HERE...

Posted September 11, 2013
My son has been going to Legacy for 4 years and it has been a great experience. Though taught at an accelerated level any struggles he has had has been helped with the free tutoring program they have. With this his grades and self confidence has improved greatly.

Posted April 30, 2013
I love this school, my boys enjoy going to school. That makes me very happy!!!!

Posted August 28, 2012
I love legacy traditional school and I highly recommend it to others! This will be my children's fourth year attending there. I will agree that there is a lot of homework assigned daily but I am in favor of it. It is not the teacher's sole responsibilty to ensure that my children get an education. I like being involved in there learning process. I do have a complaint about classroom sizes and agree that over the last two years they have accepted too many new students into the school. I hope in the future that they take into consideration the size of the parking lot and classroom sizes and do not allow for open enrollment.

Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande 3

Posted March 12, 2012
My son has gone to kindergarten and first at legacy and I don't love it. I think the back to basics idea works great in the upper grades, but I don't think it should be the same in K-2. The curriculum is not very balanced. Yes, your child will be able to do multiplication in first grade, but in order to achieve that there is a LOT of drill and kill. If I had a sixth grader, I would love legacy. But when you have a kindergartener who don't want to go to school because they are nervous about tests and school work, who are devastated by an 'S' instead of an 'O', it becomes a little much (I don't put this because i have a slow kid- he gets all 'O's). Don't expect smaller classes just because it is a charter. Before it opened, they told us 20-22 kids per class. My son had 30 in his kindergarten class- more than the public school has in their kindergarten. I think if you are going to have such a rigorous curriculum, you need smaller classes. Also, they have mostly young teachers, which isn't in itself a problem, but there is a lot of teacher turnover. I swear half the teachers marry or move each year. I would like a few more seasoned teachers who are going to stick around.

Posted February 17, 2012
LTS is a WONDERFUL school! We love the advanced, back-to-basics curriculum and the teachers are AWESOME! Most parents do not understand the homework policy (I did not either at first) and therefore they feel like their child/children are completely overwhelmed. If they knew the policy, they wouldn't feel this way (I completely blame this on the school not explaining it further) but I do agree that there is still too much homework. I LOVE that parents are REQUIRED to put in volunteer hours and sign off on their child's homework every night so that parents have to be involved. For Casa Grande, this is definitely the best option for education!

Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande 3

Posted January 11, 2012
We had our child in this school for 2 years. Originally we were pleased with the school, but it became clear that the student body & parents alike are very 'clique-ish' making it difficult for children outside the predominant faith to make any friends. Although this is a public school, about 85% of the student body is of one particular belief system & it is hard for children on the outside to make friends. As for academics, the phonogram-based language arts curriculum is difficult for children who are not highly academically driven. Saxon Math is a good curriculum but the school s claim to advanced curriculum is nothing more than teaching one grade level ahead & only in Math. The classrooms are extremely structured; too much so. Teachers DO communicate very well with parents, but the school doesn t have the parent involvement or caring leadership that they boast about. Finally, there is an enormous burden of homework on students; more than what is necessary as our 2nd grader approached 60 minutes of homework per day. We gave Legacy a real chance but ultimately we felt it was not the best fit for our child.

Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande 4

Posted May 28, 2011
My son just finished Kindergarten at legacy. I loved that it required parent involvement and he had a fantastic teacher, however I felt that the curriculum was not extremely balanced. Maybe it was just that because kindergarten was half day there wasn't a lot of time, but there was almost no art, science, social studies, etc. It was all reading and math. I know that is important, but I remember kindergarten being playdough and art projects. The kindergarteners would be comparing grades and saying how they didn't get all O's and my son would get upset. I would just think, "this is kindergarten! Why in the world are we SO concerned with grades!" I am glad that there is another option out here in casa grande, but I wish there was a school with a more balanced curriculum. Art, music, and group projects do have a place in education. Don't expect a lot of that here. But I do like the environment and the emphasis on character. I just wish there was more balance!

Posted May 09, 2011
I have two children who attend LTS. I have a friend who is a teacher at a differnt school in the area and he highly recomended LTS to us. This school is advanced and moves at a very fast pace. My daughter was a bit behind at her previous public school and has had a very hard time keeping up with the work here. The school does offer some after school tutoring for children who are struggling with there grades. My son on the other hand has done wonderful and thrives on the challenging work. There is very structured homework assigned each day. Phonograhm review, math worksheets reviewing what they learned in school that day, 30 spelling words to learn each week and 30 minutes of reading per night for every grade. They offer "club" sports for the k-5 grades and team sports for the 6-8 graders. They also do have a strict uniform policy. Being this is a charter school there is not bus service provided, but they do have a great parent pick up procedure. Also, parents are required to volunteer 12 hours per year. Overall all of the teachers are very friendly and do work hard to provide a great learning enviroment for the students. I do recoment this school to friends.

Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande
1274 E. O'Neil Drive, Casa Grande, AZ  85222
Last modified Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Traditional School - Casa Grande Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top