School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Mission Heights is a college prep high school that serves the greater Casa Grande area. Students are provided with rigorous curriculum, amazing teachers, and lots of support to reach our high expecations. It would be my pleasure to meet with you and your family to discuss the school and our programs in greater detail and depth. Please contact the school anytime to set up an appointment.
February 07, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Mission Heights was exactly what we were looking for. Our son previously attended a public HS in Casa Grande where he learned nothing and was not challenged. MHP is a COLLEGE PREP HS so it should be expected that students will receive homework. Our son's is the right amount and is never "busy work". As a college prep school, parents should understand that the teachers are preparing their students for college and there will be a lot more homework at the college/university level. They are teaching our son how to manage his time and become more organized. All of which will benefit him in the years to come. We have found the classes to be rigourous and the teachers to be well qualified in their fields. My only complaint is that they do not have a college guidance counselor. For being a college prep school, they should have someone available to the students to walk them through applying for college, not just a 9 week college prep class. Overall we love the school and so does our son!

at first this school was great,it was a small school with just enough students now they are so packed teachers are not teaching anything at all instead each class gives hours and hours of homework everyday,this is why they are teachers,to teach,why are parents doing hours of homework with their students every night maybe we should get paid to.on top of this they have not prepared my children for collage at all, no guidance counselor,no one iS talking about collage,just 8 hours of math they will NEVER use and if they want a job using that kind of math then it should be an extracurricular,'if not' wasting time when they can be learning something valuable seems pointless.this school has got to change its ways. i can go on and on BUT no one will probably ever read this so whats the point im just venting

Grateful to: Student

to the students of mhp you are all doing great and when you feel stressed take a breath .YOU CAN DO IT

Amount of homework: Disagree

homework is ridiculous school,sports,homework,maybe dinner and asleep by 1 just to wake up at 5 and start the day again

Develops character: Disagree

it doesn't,all attention goes to the rsl players , students hate them and teachers put up with them for some reason

My son enrolled in Mission Heights for his senior year in high school after deciding to attend the Real Salt Lake Residential Academy soccer program in Casa Grande. He recently received a scholarship from a Division 1 school for both soccer and academics. Without the help that MHP has provided him this year, I know the academic scholarship would not have been possible. After coming from a large high school in the east, MHP has been a refreshing change. I have had better communication with teachers and administrators than I ever did with his home school district, which is rated as a top school district in the country. The smaller class sizes, more individual attention, and overall experience played a significant role in the type of university that he elected to choose. The faculty and staff are responsive and helpful, and the online system is outstanding. I always know where he stands academically and although he is 2000 miles from home, I feel that I know what is going on with him better than I ever did before. I would highly recommend attending MHP!

This school is great! The students feel like they are part of a family, the teachers are passionate and really help the students learn, and the school is very safe!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 07, 2013

Last modified Mission Heights Preparatory High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.