Posted April 27, 2015
We love this school! Mrs. Shaver (principal) is excellent! She is welcoming, warm and approachable. She creates a wonderful environment in which students feel cared about and parents feel comfortable. You'll see her on the playground, out front at pick-up, drop-off and in the classrooms. She comes to many (if not all) of the after school events. She is very involved and dedicated. The PTO is amazing! The school has a STEM emphasis - which we really enjoy! LMES offers specials - music, art, gym. Technology is important - iPads are in every classroom. There is a large computer lab. The school teaches Mandarin starting in kindergarten. The library has a dedicated librarian. Parents are active in the school. You'll see several parents volunteering on any given day. The campus is great! The school is entirely fenced-in with a great central lawn, playground equipment and a mini out-door stage (as well as an indoor stage). Kinder is slightly separated from the rest of the campus, which makes it feel more comforting to the little ones. The culture is happy, inviting and loving. Students are taught to be caring and kind toward each other. I highly recommend this school!

Lone Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted March 18, 2015
This is our first year at LMES. My child felt welcomed from the first day. Mrs. Shavers strives to get to know each child and make herself accessible if there is a problem. Her assistant Ms. Lori is friendly and very helpful. This school does their best depite ongoing, looming budget cuts. Many parent volunteers give countless hours on student events and fund raising. I do wish that the academic bar was set higher but I understand there is only so much that can be done with a dwindling budget.

Posted May 02, 2014
Lone Mountain is simply a great school. The atmosphere is open and caring and the kids seem to thrive on it. The staff is all available to help or lend an ear if there's ever any concerns and the Principal is AWESOME! They regularly have parent student events that allow parents to get to know one another and that strengthens the school community in my opinion. The facilities are clean, secure, and well laid out. The lunches are healthy, the aftercare programs are great. Our experience there in 3 years has been great. I'd recommend anyone looking for a great school check it out.

Lone Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school has issues. Bullying being the #1 problem. They don't reprimand the kids that do it, but reprimand those that defend themselves. They allow verbal bullying to occur on a daily basis with no consequences. There are a few good teachers but the majority are burned out and its just a paycheck. They don't care about the kids or deal with the issues surrounding the kids that are mean. They allow sick children with fevers constantly, don't allow kids to go home sick. Parents are not friendly, new kids are not accepted, they are picked on with no assistance from administration. We left this school as it was not a fit for us.

Posted September 17, 2012
I have had two children attend LMES and cannot say enough good things about this school. The principal is wonderful and provides strong leadership. The teachers really care about the children and their learning and go above and beyond on a daily basis. LMES is a STEM school with an emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Teachers incorporate hands on learning and the use of 21st century technology into their daily lessons. The principal, teachers, parents and students form a strong, caring community which we ve been fortunate to have been a part of for the past 7 years. I would highly recommend this outstanding school!!

Posted August 24, 2012
We have been at LMES for four years and we have had a wonderful elementary school experience every year! The teachers are wonderful show their passon for teaching every day, the principal is great with all the students, and amazing parents that volunteer endless amounts of time to our school makes LMES an Amazing school!! We love the STEM program and think that our kids are thriving in their education.

Posted August 22, 2012
We have been at LMES for several years and we have been extremely happy. Our children are thriving because of the wonderful teachers and extremely motivated principal. The level of education is wonderful, and the teachers all show their passion for instructing. Having a great principal, excellent teachers and amazing parents that volunteer endless amounts of time to our school makes LMES the Amazing school that it is. We are a proud LMES family!

Posted August 21, 2012
Both of my kids have been at LMES since Kindergarten. I applaud the teachers, the admin staff, lunchroom, volunteers, PTO & parents for making this school a safe and fun place for our children to learn. Not only are they challenged, but they have made life-long friends. I recommend this school to anyone moving into the Cave Creek area - or even if you are on the border and can't decide to go to LMES or another elementary school - you need to pick LMES.

Posted March 06, 2012
My granddaughter has been attending Lone Mountain Elementary School since Kindergarten. The teachers at this school not only attend to the children's academic needs but their emotional needs as well, instilling confidence in the early years so they can be successful going forward. The Principle of Lone Mountain cares for every one of her students and knows them by name. She is sensitive and kind but runs a tight ship and has very high expectations of her staff keeping this school excelling in academics and creating a safe and caring environment in which to learn.

Lone Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
We came to LMES from another state and have been here one year. Although the academic programs and teachers' skills seem strong, I am disappointed in the atmosphere of the school. Our child has come home upset by how students treat each other, mean comments and hitting, and how it seems the staff is not concerned when children mistreat each other. Our previous school had programs to encourage positive values like respect and responsibility. This school seems only concerned with the business of academics. I am saddened that my child sometimes does not want to go to school because everyone is mean. I know that our neighbor's child quit riding the bus due to fear of how other kids treated him. This is an atmosphere I believe the school needs to address.

Lone Mountain Elementary School
5250 East Montgomery Road, Cave Creek, AZ  85327
Last modified Lone Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lone Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top