Cave Creek, AZ

Desert Willow Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 12, 2015
Depending on the teacher, sometimes there is a large amount of homework. This varies greatly on which teacher your child has.

Posted June 12, 2015
Desert Willow is a fantastic elementary school! It has a great neighborhood and community atmosphere. The teachers are great. They have a few phenomenal long-time teachers that create an amazing love of learning in the early years. The PTO is very involved and supportive. The Spanish Immersion program is a great benefit, but the non-immersion side is great as well and provides some Spanish learning to all the kids. I highly recommend Desert Willow.

Posted September 13, 2014
This is a great school in a neighborhood that has a wonderful community feel. The teachers and administration are wonderful. Lots of parental involvement! My daughter (kindergarten- Spanish Immersion) loves going to school ! Lots of specials, computers, art, music, pe, and before and after care onsite. The PTO has been great and there isn't the cliquish and cattiness you hear about on other schools:) This is one of the best school districts and the best elementary school in the area! Many parents out of the district apply here during open enrollment!
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 10, 2014
DWES is such an amazing school. I could not be happier with the teachers, staff, principal and the friends my child has made. The teachers have been awesome to work with and my child loves going to school every day. My child talks about her teacher constantly and has learned so much and has had so many wonderful opportunities. I wish every school could be like DWES!

Posted January 17, 2014
Went here from the fall of 2001 to the spring of 2007 (back when it was only kindergarten to fifth grade). Being a senior in high school, let me just say this school taught me the most during my 12 years of education than middle school and high school combined. In my opinion, it is one of the best elementary schools in the state. The majority of the teachers are so loving, caring, and supportive! It's so weird to see some of the teachers from my childhood still teaching (Mrs. Peterson was my favorite teacher ever). You can definitely see how great this school. Why else would most of the teachers stick around for 10+ years. The secretaries are even still around from when i was a kid! This school definitely made school fun, and from the current reviews, i can see that they're still doing a excellent job. I'm so thankful for all the childhood memories i made, and i really think that this school should set up a reunion or something (for the older kids still in high school/ the ones that started college). Love this school so much,! Really surprised it's not private or exclusive yet.

Posted October 22, 2013
We love DWES and my child is excited to go to school everyday. The school has a ton of parent involvement and most the staff seems happy to be there. The new principal seems to be engaged and is working on improving things where needed.

Posted October 09, 2013
Desert Willow is hands down one of the best elementary schools in the district! We LOVE our school! A+++

Posted April 30, 2013
I bring my two children to this school out of district. They both started here in Kindergarten (we LOVE our teachers we have had so far) and they will be in 1st & 2nd grade this coming 2013/2014 school year. I toured 7 different schools before our family unanimously chose this one. The campus is welcoming starting with the wonderful ladies in the front office to the warm and outgoing principal who always interacts with the families at the school. He is very engaged, we are sad to see him go since he was one of the reasons we chose the school :-( The campus is charming and adorned with artwork that previous students have made in the past. Colorful, creative, inspirational & warm. This school models students with values. It's standards are high and I could not be more pleased with our school! I am proud to have 2 lucky little reading roadrunners!

Posted December 27, 2012
I am one of the parents who moved my babes to a new school this year. I didn't move my children because I was unhappy with the school. We did it for economic reasons. Let me also say it was a huge mistake. It's been like stepping back in time. The teachers are overworked, unapproachable and defensive when you try to ask questions or ask for help. The teachers and the school do not communicate as well with the parents. The curriculum is questionable. I don't believe the teachers are being trained properly and this is apparent in the way they treat parents and students alike. We will be moving our children back to the loving arms of the DWES if possible since we are out of district. In defense of the current Principle of DWES, I am shocked by the accusations in the reviews. I strongly disagree. This person had big shoes to fill when he came to DWES. He has handled it with grace, dignity and professionalism. Whenever a situation arose where my children either made a bad choice and needed to be disciplined or were bullied, the staff has handled the situation professionally. The entire staff cares for and nurtures every child.

Posted August 16, 2012
My daughter couldn't wait for summer to end and school to start. That says a lot right there. She is learning, she is happy, she is safe, she is having fun. What more could a parent want out of a school? We are so thankful to have found Desert Willow (actually on greatschools.org) and are here to stay (well, until it's time to go to middle school). I just asked her (a third grader) what she thought about Desert Willow and she said "I think it's cool that they have the Spanish Immersion program. And also they do a lot of fun activities!"

Desert Willow Elementary School
4322 E Desert Willow Parkway, Cave Creek, AZ  85331
Last modified Desert Willow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Willow Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top