Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is not a Montessori School. Just a name and some materials that are used in improper way by the teachers. There are no AMI or AMS certified teachers and the school gives very little to none of Montessori education and spirit. The good news - it is free, the bad side- it is another public school, not a Montessori Academy. I see all those good reviews come from at least two years back, which means they have had good teachers then. Regrettably not now.

Montessori Day school provided a great learning environment for my daughter. The teachers are extremely dedicated and the principal is very involved in all aspects of the school activities. My daughter attended primary (pre-K) and had the best caring teachers, Mrs Ann an Ms Sunny. She is definitely ahead academically and more than ready for Kindergarten. She was a good fit for montessori and loved her teachers, her brothers and sisters and the friendly community.

We have just completed our first year at Montessori Day School. We had one student in the junior elementary (1st grade) and one student in Primary (pre-K). The teachers and staff were extraordinary and really loved the students. My children grew academically and socially in the Montessori environment. The leadership was always available and willing to address parental concerns, and was willing to work with us to find solutions. This school is unique, in that it is a public Montessori, but it does a very good job of adhering to the Montessori philosophy. We feel lucky to have found a public school of this caliber.

This school is great! My son never wants to come home. Every day, mom, can I just stay 5 more minutes. Every day! The teachers all care so much and do a great job. We have done Pre- K here and K-1 here. The Principal knows every family by name. I'm very happy here!

We have been thoroughly impressed with this school. After researching Montessori schools in the East Valley we are very happy we chose Montessori Day School - Lakeshore. The friendly teachers have been great and very accommodating. They do a great job of keeping us up to date on his progress and are happy to discuss his progress or what he may need to work on at home. The school is clean and well maintained. We couldn't be happier with our choice.

Love MDS Lakeshore! I have been at the school for 6 years now, and hope to see all 3 of my children successfully complete the entire Montessori program! Their commitment to Montessori education is amazing. Great staff, incredibly involved and caring community...If you are looking for a Montessori school in the East Valley, this is IT!

I could not be more thrilled with the teachers and staff at MDS-Lakeshore! I am also very impressed with the social and most importantly academic progress. His math, writing and reading skills have improved greatly. I have volunteered in the classroom (this is not mandatory) and I have seen all the kids in his class grow dramatically in academics. The school is a loving, safe place that my very cautious son feels completely at home in. They have also bent over backwards to accommodate his food allergies. I can't say enough great things about this school!

I had high hopes for this school. They were very friendly at the beginning of the tour, but it all changed by the end of it. They had their minds made up already & this is without even seeing my child. The answer was no... I want parents who may be looking into this school to be aware that the Tempe school is not mean't for some children with challenges or special needs. Even a very simple need. I don't like leaving a negative review. I just want other parents out there who have children with a disability NOT have to go through what we did. It's very sad and crushing.

My son started kindergarten and I am well pleased with the school and the progress my child made this year. The teacher, teacher's assistant, principal and aides are all involved. I absolutely love this school and would highly recommend it.

This year, our family reached the milestone of having our oldest son start school! It was a scary and exciting time for our family. We felt the choice of school was a very important decision and have been thrilled with MDS! The teachers have been excellent at communication. The community is warm, welcoming, and diverse. My son is flourishing academically and socially. We love the school, the staff, and the community.

Last modified Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Tempe is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.