Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Ms. Bothaina is amazing. She is intelligent, caring and a very effective leader.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Not a lot of homework for a 1st grader. How it should be!

We love this school! My son is in 1st grade at MDS and we feel so lucky to have found this school. They embrace the Montessori approach and care about the whole child. My son has grown so much being there, academically and emotionally. I love that it is a small school. We know all of the teachers and staff and really feel like we are part of a special community.

Warm environment that creates a stimulating and creative space where kids love to grow and learn. My little girl is so happy and I feel to grateful to have found this family friendly school.

I have been a parent at this school for over 10 years. What an intimate, incredible, caring community! The teachers are responsive and excellent: they blend Montessori education with the ongoing demands of preparing our children for the educational environments they must respond to--including testing and project-based learning. I have been so grateful to receive free Montessori education for my children! My now-high schooler and now-middle schooler are incredibly well-adjusted to public school demands--way moreso than their peers thanks to the fantastic education they received at MDS.

We feel so lucky and blessed to have found MDS. My daughter has been there for Primary and Junior elementary and the experience has been amazing. We love all the teachers and the Director Theresa. We feel that MDS not only provides an excellent Montessori education but also creating a peaceful and friendly environment that makes our daughter love to learn.

This is not a Montessori School. Just a name and some materials that are used in improper way by the teachers. There are no AMI or AMS certified teachers and the school gives very little to none of Montessori education and spirit. The good news - it is free, the bad side- it is another public school, not a Montessori Academy. I see all those good reviews come from at least two years back, which means they have had good teachers then. Regrettably not now.

Montessori Day school provided a great learning environment for my daughter. The teachers are extremely dedicated and the principal is very involved in all aspects of the school activities. My daughter attended primary (pre-K) and had the best caring teachers, Mrs Ann an Ms Sunny. She is definitely ahead academically and more than ready for Kindergarten. She was a good fit for montessori and loved her teachers, her brothers and sisters and the friendly community.

We have just completed our first year at Montessori Day School. We had one student in the junior elementary (1st grade) and one student in Primary (pre-K). The teachers and staff were extraordinary and really loved the students. My children grew academically and socially in the Montessori environment. The leadership was always available and willing to address parental concerns, and was willing to work with us to find solutions. This school is unique, in that it is a public Montessori, but it does a very good job of adhering to the Montessori philosophy. We feel lucky to have found a public school of this caliber.

This school is great! My son never wants to come home. Every day, mom, can I just stay 5 more minutes. Every day! The teachers all care so much and do a great job. We have done Pre- K here and K-1 here. The Principal knows every family by name. I'm very happy here!

Last modified Montessori Day Public Schools Chartered - Tempe is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.