Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The principal always makes sure to get all sides of the story and has the students fill in reports to make sure students are treated fairly. They also have a buddy program where students help other students solve problems on the playground.

My sons are in the Montessori program at Pomeroy and we absolutely love the program and the school. The minute you walk on campus there is a sense of community and positive energy. The staff is wonderful and very supportive. The communication is great and both my sons love their teachers. The office staff always takes care of anything I need and are willing to help. I love this school.

We have truly enjoyed our experience at Pomeroy! Our teachers have been wonderful additions to our family! We have had Mrs Cullymore for both of our kids' kindergarten and we absolutely adore her! She goes above and beyond for every student in her class, as evident from the long hours and weekends she spends at school. She truly has each child in mind when she creates her activities and lessons. She takes the time to work with each child individually, whether they are at, above, or below grade level. Mrs Cullymore, Mrs Downey, and Mrs Childs have been such welcoming and enthusiastic players in our learning environment. Even though she was retiring after this year, Mrs Downey still brought fun activities like hatching chicks and watching caterpillars turn into butterflies! We will miss her! We have been happy to participate each year in such memorable activities at Pomeroy like: Fall Festival, the Halloween costume parade, the Kindergarten holiday program, and the end of the year water day!

This is our 3rd year at Pomeroy, with 2 at the school. We have many children and dealt with many elementary schools Principal's and teachers. This school, by far, has been the best. Dr Driscoll is excellent and knows each student by name! He takes your concerns seriously and when deemed appropriate, makes and takes administrative action to see the children are safe and succeed. Paula Cullymore has been the best Traditional Kindergarten teacher! We will continue to request her for our younger children. She loves her job, the kids and the school. She puts in countless hours before/after school and on the weekend. She is very active in keeping the parents informed with emails and notes home. You will always know what is going on. By far the best traditional public school we have been apart of. Look forward to many years with Pomeroy.

My daughter and son both attend Pomeroy Montessori. They have had great teachers and Principal Dr. Driscol is a great with the kids and informative with parents. He knows the students by name. I would highly recommend Pomeroy Montessori. The teachers we had that were great are Jenny Shope, Jane Lemon, Betty Roth. Ms. Erickson the Speech therapist is amazing.

This school is very well made, except for the fact they make VERY gross lunches that made me vomit, and their playground aids would put you in time out just for running. And the filthy bathrooms!!! This school for the most part is pretty good.

My kids were in Kindergarden and 3rd grade for the 12-13 school year. My 3rd grader had attended since 1st grade. We were in the Montessori program and loved loved loved it! Teachers were very friendly and allowed you to come to class whenever you wanted and to stay as long as you'd like. (They of course loved it when the parent helped out too.) I do think we should have changed teachers for my 3rd grader though, after 3 years in hindsight I don't think they were the right fit. Principle was great and knew many of the kids by name (in a good way, not because they were trouble makers). The office staff was very helpful and would ask or do anything that you needed or help set things straight. Was sad to move. We did not get to meet the new principle but I heard from a parent who helped to interview him that he should be great!

*If you are the parent of a child that is entering kindergarten for fall 2013* and you are thinking of the montessori program, DO NOT LET TERI BROWN BE YOUR CHILDS TEACHER! My daughter had her for 1/2 day kindergarten at Sunridge Learning Center. MS. Brown is still referred to as the meanest lady and my daughter can remember being glared at. She would give kids a treat if she blew up and got angry so that she could cover her tracks. She is a teacher that should retire from teaching small, innocent children. Prison Warden teaching GED would be more fitting. I am not writing this to be mean but I just dont want another child to be subjected to her because this should be a fun time in their education and it is heartbreaking for your 8 year old to wish that she could re-do kindergarten :(

My son has been attending the Montessori Program previously at the Sunridge Learning Center, and now on the Pomeroy Campus, for two years. His teachers were wonderful, caring and catered beautifully to his passion for writing and the arts, while also being very encouraging with his mathematics that he isn't quite so passionate about. We love the unique blend of students in his class, both the multicultural diversity and multi-age classrooms that promote student mentorship, socio-emotional growth, and a broader world perspective. I also appreciate the level of parent involvement seen in this program, as well as the principal's efforts in bringing" two schools" together into one building.

This is my daughter's second year in the Montessori program that moved this year to Pomeroy Elementary (the program now known as Pomeroy Montessori used to be Sunridge Learning Center and is now a "school within a school" at Pomeroy Elementary due to budget cuts). My daughter's teacher is fantastic, and she LOVES school and is thriving. She is reading well ahead of grade level and learns so much every day. Her class is culturally diverse and she is richer for it. If you're looking for a unique method of learning that focuses on your child's learning style and needs, the montessori program is tremendous. I pray that this program doesn't lose its identity and remains visible to the public for the excellent school that it is, and as its test scores show (see Sunridge Learning Center).

Last modified Pomeroy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.