Chandler, AZ

Posted December 29, 2014
My daughter and son both attend Pomeroy Montessori. They have had great teachers and Principal Dr. Driscol is a great with the kids and informative with parents. He knows the students by name. I would highly recommend Pomeroy Montessori. The teachers we had that were great are Jenny Shope, Jane Lemon, Betty Roth. Ms. Erickson the Speech therapist is amazing.

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is very well made, except for the fact they make VERY gross lunches that made me vomit, and their playground aids would put you in time out just for running. And the filthy bathrooms!!! This school for the most part is pretty good.

Pomeroy Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
My kids were in Kindergarden and 3rd grade for the 12-13 school year. My 3rd grader had attended since 1st grade. We were in the Montessori program and loved loved loved it! Teachers were very friendly and allowed you to come to class whenever you wanted and to stay as long as you'd like. (They of course loved it when the parent helped out too.) I do think we should have changed teachers for my 3rd grader though, after 3 years in hindsight I don't think they were the right fit. Principle was great and knew many of the kids by name (in a good way, not because they were trouble makers). The office staff was very helpful and would ask or do anything that you needed or help set things straight. Was sad to move. We did not get to meet the new principle but I heard from a parent who helped to interview him that he should be great!

Posted January 04, 2013
*If you are the parent of a child that is entering kindergarten for fall 2013* and you are thinking of the montessori program, DO NOT LET TERI BROWN BE YOUR CHILDS TEACHER! My daughter had her for 1/2 day kindergarten at Sunridge Learning Center. MS. Brown is still referred to as the meanest lady and my daughter can remember being glared at. She would give kids a treat if she blew up and got angry so that she could cover her tracks. She is a teacher that should retire from teaching small, innocent children. Prison Warden teaching GED would be more fitting. I am not writing this to be mean but I just dont want another child to be subjected to her because this should be a fun time in their education and it is heartbreaking for your 8 year old to wish that she could re-do kindergarten :(

Posted June 15, 2011
My son has been attending the Montessori Program previously at the Sunridge Learning Center, and now on the Pomeroy Campus, for two years. His teachers were wonderful, caring and catered beautifully to his passion for writing and the arts, while also being very encouraging with his mathematics that he isn't quite so passionate about. We love the unique blend of students in his class, both the multicultural diversity and multi-age classrooms that promote student mentorship, socio-emotional growth, and a broader world perspective. I also appreciate the level of parent involvement seen in this program, as well as the principal's efforts in bringing" two schools" together into one building.

Posted March 11, 2011
This is my daughter's second year in the Montessori program that moved this year to Pomeroy Elementary (the program now known as Pomeroy Montessori used to be Sunridge Learning Center and is now a "school within a school" at Pomeroy Elementary due to budget cuts). My daughter's teacher is fantastic, and she LOVES school and is thriving. She is reading well ahead of grade level and learns so much every day. Her class is culturally diverse and she is richer for it. If you're looking for a unique method of learning that focuses on your child's learning style and needs, the montessori program is tremendous. I pray that this program doesn't lose its identity and remains visible to the public for the excellent school that it is, and as its test scores show (see Sunridge Learning Center).

Posted June 07, 2008
To My Students, Families, and Staff, It has been a pleasure to serve the Pomeroy Community over these last 29 years. You are my second family - My Pomeroy Family! When I started teaching my goal was to get kids off to a great start in their educational journey by loving to learn and to love coming to school each day. If I did that then I feel like I had a very successful career. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your beautiful children with me. With Love, Robyn Moody Retired Kindergarten Teacher

Pomeroy Elementary School

Posted March 28, 2008
Wonderful school my daughter is currently in Mrs Petersons class 1st grade. Pomeroy has the best teachers, I have crossed city boundaries to be able to go to this school, my daughter is my third child attending this school. Principal, teachers and office staff are amazing. I love this school and what they have done for my family. Daniels Family

Pomeroy Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2008
My son goes to Pomeroy elementary. He absolutely loves his past and present teacher; Mrs heideman, the music teacher, the principal , david from the after school program etc. I on the other hand seem to have this undisclosed problem with the staff. They are very rude to me. They don't say hi to me when I come in the front office. The staff will gladly speak to the people who come in behind me so its so obvious that they do not like me. I think it's petty so I smile at them. I continue to take my son there because the staff are good to him and he loves that school .

Posted June 04, 2007
My son started in the second semester. The principal is extremely involved and has the children's best interest at heart. Problems are solved immediately. I did notice that there was a low level of parent involvement.

Pomeroy Elementary School
1507 West Shawnee Dr, Chandler, AZ  85224
Last modified Pomeroy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pomeroy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top