Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

There's a lack Of supervision in the play yard. There's no school wide rules posted. There's no consistency with all the staff on how to manage difficult behavior.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is a lack of follow through at this school. Issues are not addressed. Things are "allowed" to happen even if it's a detriment to the child's emotional well being. It's concerning that so many teachers resigned last year.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I do not see a high morale in student.

This school is a breeding ground for Mediocrity. My child is not challenged. Excellence is not expected and the kids do not pursue it. Discipline is lacking. Students are out of their seats without permission. There's far too much unstructured time. I hear from other parents that there is a lack of adult supervision in the play yard at recess, and bullying is a problem. My own child has not mentioned bullying. My child has been here two years now and she will not be returning next year. I want a better education for my daughter; she needs to be challenged.

My daughter was in Kindergarten half of the year (since we had moved into the district) and I felt as if she was not challenged enough. The teacher didn't always grade the work, and I believe the standards were set too low in the class. Every time I took my daughter to the classroom, almost every single child was out of control and the teacher did not have a handle on the kids. I'm not sure if it was the students or the teacher or a combination of the two. I do believe the teacher tried her best but maybe she was not suited for a Kindergarten classroom. I really did hope for more for my child as far as what she could have learned this year. Kindergarten is an important intro into school and compared to the school we came from, this school is set way below what I would have excepted.

I have been at this school since kinder ,love it and wish i still went there the last year i was there was my 4th grade year with Mrs.Day i loved all my teachers and friends when ever i had any problems with bullying or something that wasnt nice or right id tell a teacher or office staff and know it would be taken care of this has been an awesome school and if my mom loses her job at playa del ray then ill be comin back

Children are treated as equal and homework is lacking. My child isnt challenged. I have liked all the teachers.

This school is the best. My grandson is in 2nd grade and loves this school. Mr Estes is always available for the students and parents. It is great to see him at the front of the school every morning and after school greeting the kids and parents and available to discuss any concerns and making sure the campus is a safe environment for everyone. The teachers are great and are at this school by choice. A lot of the teachers are also parents that have chosen this school for their children. Teachers encourage parents involvement. I love the location of the school as it is not on a heavily traveled street so unless you live in the area, you don't even know it is there. Much safer as far a traffic and also crime. Love it - love it - love it.

This has been the worst school any of my children have ever attended I am pulling my child out due to the lack of discipline of problem students my child as well as others have had a constant problem w/ the same kids bulliying on the bus. I have spoken with the principle on several occations and nothing has been done!

My son is on a boundary form in order to attend Bologna. This basically this is not his home school and we chose for him to attend and the district approved the request. Bologna is great and we love it. Our son has learned so much and had great teachers and peers. The staff in the office is very nice and attentive. My son has had problems with other students and the teacher has addressed them and now they are all great friends. I thank the Bologna staff for all their hard work and dedication.

Last modified Rudy G Bologna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.