Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
I am very happy with the school my son goes to because there is always someone there to help us when we need help. There are all kinds of resources in our school and parenting classes that help us become better parents.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 05, 2015
Thank you Dr. Henderson for providing a loving environment for my children to learn in! Because of you and the teachers and the staff you have chosen, my children have the learning environment that every child deserves to have! Because of all of you, my children come home with a smile on their faces every day! Because of all of you, my children have grown in leaps and bounds academically in just a few short months!! Because of all of you, my children feel at home at San Marcos!! And it is all because you welcomed my children to your school!!! Thank you!!! Thank you for the love you show these children and for the smile you have on your face every single day!!! We are so very blessed to be Bears!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 05, 2015
I have seen my children's test scores and grades go up tremendously since moving to San Marcos!!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
My daughter has had a hard time in math and just sort of wanted to give up, but her teacher showed her that she can in fact do it! And, she can be great at it! My daughter now gets A's and B's in math! Also, her reading level has gone up to a ninth grade level and she is only in fourth grade! This is such a big deal because at her other school she struggled to meet the requirements of her grade level and had to be put in a special reading class. No special reading class needed at San Marcos!!! Just a caring teacher who takes the time to help!!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
I see the teachers, staff and administration hold students accountable when they aren't respectful and I see them show the students how to change that behavior. And then, I see the student teaching other students how to be respectful! It is remarkable really!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
I completely believe this because I see it in the teachers, administrators and staff! They model this for the students and the students want to do the same in return!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 05, 2015
I know this because my children come out of school each day with a smile on their face and nothing but positive things to say about their teachers and peers. There has only been one situation where a child of mine was treated badly by a peer. It was a day that she had a substitute teacher. The next morning I went to walk into school with her so I could talk to them about it and they were already waiting for her. They had already heard of the situation and were already taking care of it. They made sure my daughter was okay and knew that they would always take care of her. They made her feel safe and loved. That individual never treated my daughter badly again. In fact, he has treated her with nothing but respect and kindness since. This school truly does watch out for every child and make sure they are treated as they should be. This school promotes children having good character and even gives out monthly awards to students who show great character!!

Posted November 05, 2015
Three of my children attend this school and I couldn't be happier with it! The administration, teachers and staff are amazing! They go above and beyond for all of the children! The principal is very involved. She visits the classrooms daily and greets every child with a smile. She even takes time to read to the children and does fun things like dance with them. It is amazing to see the students faces light up when they see her! The teachers at this school are truly there for the students! If one of them needs extra help, they get it! The teachers are so good about paying attention to what each student needs. These teachers know my children just as well as I do because they have taken the time to get to know each of them. They have gotten to know their strengths and weaknesses and how each child learns best. My children's grades and test scores have gone up so much since moving to this school and they have been so happy! I truly don't have enough kind words to say about these teachers or this school! Honestly, this school has GIVEN so much to my children! We are so very blessed to be a part of this school! One of my children requires a special menu because he has celiac disease. The cafeteria manager has made sure that she has safe food for my son for breakfast and lunch everyday! I don't ever have to worry! My children are so well taken care of here that I never have to worry! And that says a lot because I am a worrying mama for sure!! If you are considering sending your children to this school, I encourage you to do so!! You won't regret it! This school will make your children feel like part of a family! You will see your children grow in ways you haven't before!

Posted April 19, 2014
This school is excellent, the principle holds the teachers accountable and the teachers really care about the kids. Our kids love the school and the teachers, I swear my son gets more gifts for his teacher on valentines day then my wife. Some people post reviews about their kids being "rejected" I saw below, and they are not posting the entire story. We had another family at the school whos child has ADD and he is on his meds...the staff has always been very supportive of him. Now when he isnt on his meds, they will separate him out and ask home to bring meds. He becomes a distraction to the other students and it isnt fair to them. So the parent below, most likely was the later circumstance. The school will work with you to get you the support you need, but if you are not a RESPONSIBLE parent, and expect the school to be the parent of your kid for you...you shouldnt expect all of the other children to suffer. One thing to be warned about, a lot of parents in this part of town, do not care about their kids education. However as long as you are a responsible parent, these teachers will improve your kids abilities drastically, our 1st grader now reads at a 4th grade level

San Marcos Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
I don't like the kindergarten teachers here. They are expecting too much from the new kindergarteners. For a moment I thought are they in First grade already or what. There's this very short haired teacher who loves to complain about her/his students if asked. Don't like this this district at all. It's true the kids have to place their backpacks on the floor to wait for their teacher.

451 West Frye Road, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified San Marcos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.