Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am very happy with the school my son goes to because there is always someone there to help us when we need help. There are all kinds of resources in our school and parenting classes that help us become better parents.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have seen my children's test scores and grades go up tremendously since moving to San Marcos!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I know this because my children come out of school each day with a smile on their face and nothing but positive things to say about their teachers and peers. There has only been one situation where a child of mine was treated badly by a peer. It was a day that she had a substitute teacher. The next morning I went to walk into school with her so I could talk to them about it and they were already waiting for her. They had already heard of the situation and were already taking care of it. They made sure my daughter was okay and knew that they would always take care of her. They made her feel safe and loved. That individual never treated my daughter badly again. In fact, he has treated her with nothing but respect and kindness since. This school truly does watch out for every child and make sure they are treated as they should be. This school promotes children having good character and even gives out monthly awards to students who show great character!!

Three of my children attend this school and I couldn't be happier with it! The administration, teachers and staff are amazing! They go above and beyond for all of the children! The principal is very involved. She visits the classrooms daily and greets every child with a smile. She even takes time to read to the children and does fun things like dance with them. It is amazing to see the students faces light up when they see her! The teachers at this school are truly there for the students! If one of them needs extra help, they get it! The teachers are so good about paying attention to what each student needs. These teachers know my children just as well as I do because they have taken the time to get to know each of them. They have gotten to know their strengths and weaknesses and how each child learns best. My children's grades and test scores have gone up so much since moving to this school and they have been so happy! I truly don't have enough kind words to say about these teachers or this school! Honestly, this school has GIVEN so much to my children! We are so very blessed to be a part of this school! One of my children requires a special menu because he has celiac disease. The cafeteria manager has made sure that she has safe food for my son for breakfast and lunch everyday! I don't ever have to worry! My children are so well taken care of here that I never have to worry! And that says a lot because I am a worrying mama for sure!! If you are considering sending your children to this school, I encourage you to do so!! You won't regret it! This school will make your children feel like part of a family! You will see your children grow in ways you haven't before!

This school is excellent, the principle holds the teachers accountable and the teachers really care about the kids. Our kids love the school and the teachers, I swear my son gets more gifts for his teacher on valentines day then my wife. Some people post reviews about their kids being "rejected" I saw below, and they are not posting the entire story. We had another family at the school whos child has ADD and he is on his meds...the staff has always been very supportive of him. Now when he isnt on his meds, they will separate him out and ask home to bring meds. He becomes a distraction to the other students and it isnt fair to them. So the parent below, most likely was the later circumstance. The school will work with you to get you the support you need, but if you are not a RESPONSIBLE parent, and expect the school to be the parent of your kid for you...you shouldnt expect all of the other children to suffer. One thing to be warned about, a lot of parents in this part of town, do not care about their kids education. However as long as you are a responsible parent, these teachers will improve your kids abilities drastically, our 1st grader now reads at a 4th grade level

I don't like the kindergarten teachers here. They are expecting too much from the new kindergarteners. For a moment I thought are they in First grade already or what. There's this very short haired teacher who loves to complain about her/his students if asked. Don't like this this district at all. It's true the kids have to place their backpacks on the floor to wait for their teacher.

My kids have gone to San Marcos since Pre-school. They teachers were great to my kids but the office staff could care less about the kids. My son was rejected and discriminated there because he has ADD and they didn't want to deal with him there so they used the best tool they had to get rid of him. They rejected his out of boundary application for next year because they stated he was getting in trouble. They overlooked the documentation saying he needs and IEP. They preferred to look the other way and it meant nothing to them that he had been there since pre-school. The younger grades are great, but watch out for 5th and 6th.

We have had a very positive experience at this school. I was nervous for my daughter to attend after seeing the low score it received here, but we were pleasantly surprised. My daughter is in special education at San Marcos. The teacher and class aides are phenomenal. I don't have any significant interaction with the rest of the school staff, but I can say I am very happy with the education my child has received this year.

My children attend San Marcos and all them have been in honor roll since they have been there. The teachers are great and they go out of their way to make sure every child gets the opportunity to succeed! San Marcos has a great reading block program that benefits each child. Although, it is very hard to have any parent support or have any parents volunteer for events. I believe this is because most of the childrens' parents are spanish speaking only or they simply don't have the time to do it. But staff does a great job in fullfilling this duty.

Last modified San Marcos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.