Chandler, AZ

San Marcos Elementary School 5

Posted April 19, 2014
This school is excellent, the principle holds the teachers accountable and the teachers really care about the kids. Our kids love the school and the teachers, I swear my son gets more gifts for his teacher on valentines day then my wife. Some people post reviews about their kids being "rejected" I saw below, and they are not posting the entire story. We had another family at the school whos child has ADD and he is on his meds...the staff has always been very supportive of him. Now when he isnt on his meds, they will separate him out and ask home to bring meds. He becomes a distraction to the other students and it isnt fair to them. So the parent below, most likely was the later circumstance. The school will work with you to get you the support you need, but if you are not a RESPONSIBLE parent, and expect the school to be the parent of your kid for you...you shouldnt expect all of the other children to suffer. One thing to be warned about, a lot of parents in this part of town, do not care about their kids education. However as long as you are a responsible parent, these teachers will improve your kids abilities drastically, our 1st grader now reads at a 4th grade level

San Marcos Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
I don't like the kindergarten teachers here. They are expecting too much from the new kindergarteners. For a moment I thought are they in First grade already or what. There's this very short haired teacher who loves to complain about her/his students if asked. Don't like this this district at all. It's true the kids have to place their backpacks on the floor to wait for their teacher.

San Marcos Elementary School 3

Posted May 24, 2011
My kids have gone to San Marcos since Pre-school. They teachers were great to my kids but the office staff could care less about the kids. My son was rejected and discriminated there because he has ADD and they didn't want to deal with him there so they used the best tool they had to get rid of him. They rejected his out of boundary application for next year because they stated he was getting in trouble. They overlooked the documentation saying he needs and IEP. They preferred to look the other way and it meant nothing to them that he had been there since pre-school. The younger grades are great, but watch out for 5th and 6th.

Posted February 23, 2011
We have had a very positive experience at this school. I was nervous for my daughter to attend after seeing the low score it received here, but we were pleasantly surprised. My daughter is in special education at San Marcos. The teacher and class aides are phenomenal. I don't have any significant interaction with the rest of the school staff, but I can say I am very happy with the education my child has received this year.

Posted June 11, 2010
My children attend San Marcos and all them have been in honor roll since they have been there. The teachers are great and they go out of their way to make sure every child gets the opportunity to succeed! San Marcos has a great reading block program that benefits each child. Although, it is very hard to have any parent support or have any parents volunteer for events. I believe this is because most of the childrens' parents are spanish speaking only or they simply don't have the time to do it. But staff does a great job in fullfilling this duty.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted July 30, 2006
My daughter did well at San Marcos. We just don't care for the uniforms and moved to a different school in Chandler. All the teachers I've worked with over the last 6 years have been inspirational to my dughter.

San Marcos Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
I found that I liked the teachers, but I dont feel as if they had a strong grasp of the academics that needed to be taught- many kids could barely speak english. I dont recall any art being taught maybe a 30 min a week music class.

Posted July 14, 2005

San Marcos Elementary School
451 West Frye Road, Chandler, AZ  85225
Last modified San Marcos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Marcos Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top