Bad
Good

My child comes home EVERY SINGLE DAY sad and darn near depressed because this school and the trash in it . He is bullied everyday. My child was slapped in the face by a 5th grader & my child is only a first grader ! When he tells the teacher or a grown up nothing gets done , nobody cares ! There is not a NO BULLYING policy at this school what so ever. These people only work at this school for a paycheck it's not because they care about the kids or wanna make a difference !!

This School used to be a great school but now it has gone down hill.

After my child (kindergartener) informed me of being bullied, I immediately addressed the situation. The teacher seemed very cooperative to help restore my child's faith in the school and contacted the principal in regards to the matter at hand. However, the principal was not so cooperative. She cornered my child, told her that the whole bully thing was a dream, and contacted me only after the interrogation of my child had been had. She informed me that my child retracted her statements of being bullied when my 6 year old said "maybe, I don't know!" After speaking to my child, my child said she asked for me, was scared of the principal, and knows it happened, but was being cornered by the principal and her bully to retract her statement. It was only after she was in tears and forced to say it all happened in a dream that she was released back to class and I was notified of the occurance! Needless to say, this school has NO anti-bullying policy beside to make the victim feel like they have nobody to turn to at this school. The whole time during the conversation with the principal, she was rude, laughed at the situation, and told me to handle my child. Shame on this school!!!

Sirrine is an excellent school that is preparing my child for the future. The teachers are there because they care about kids. The Principal is always around campus making sure that my children are learning and is willing to work with families. My son came from another school and was not learning at Sirrine he is given individual attention and learning! Thank you!

I don't like this school. The classes are over crowded and some of the office staff is rude. I wouldn't get greeted in the office and they would never returned my calls. Well the first impressions are the strongest.

My son came into Sirrine in the middle of 1 st grade. His first and second grade teachers are wonderful. (Ms. Yuba and Ms. Chavez) They have worked hard to keep me informed of all issues (my son has ADD) and have encouraged him to build confidence in addition to his education. I love that parent evolvement is welcomed and encourged from teachers. The front office is great always willing to help and give parents information. I love this school and will miss it after we move. Our next school has big shoes to fill.

My daughter has attended Sirrine for 3 years and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the teachers and the principal. They are caring, friendly and also show that they care by participating in the extra-curricular events the school holds. I do not think I have attended one event that Dr. Reid, the Principal, has not as well. He is approachable and obviously cares about his job and the students. My youngest daughter will be starting school this year and I am so looking forward to her getting an education at Sirrine. My only regret is that she will not be able to have Mrs. Langstaff for first grade, as my first child did, since at the end of this last school year, she retired.

My son has attended Sirrine Elementary from Pre-K through 6th grade. His teachers have been wonderful! This review, however, is to highlight the amazing fine arts program. The fine arts program at Sirrine is by far one of the best in the district. The band, orchestra and choir programs are amazing. We attended a multi-school band program this week; Sirrine students were by far the most prepared. The tone of the instruments, the timing of the pieces, and the complexity of the music showcased just how advanced this elementary school band is. The choir and orchestra programs are just as amazing. Thank you, Janel Huyett and Stephen Wibe for the amazing work you do with our kids!

My son attend Sirrine until 1st grade. His teachers from pre-K to 1st grade are excellent. Mrs. Jensen-preK, Mrs. Troutman-K, Mrs. Langstaff-1st grade. I highly recommend them. My son was challenge at his highest ability, while still enjoying his time at school. We moved and he was transfered to another school. The new school was ranked higher than Sirrine but the teacher is not half as good as Mrs. Langstaff. That make me feel that my son was so lucky to have been able to learn from such outstanding teachers at Sirrine. I am thinking to drive those miles and transfer him back to Sirrine. Maybe I am demanding, but when you learn the difference. It's worth it, because our children deserve the best.

I am the parent of a 1st grader who also attended Sirrine for her kindergarten year. She was a transfer student from Texas and she hated to leave.The teachers where great and always seemed to have my childs best interest at heart. Communication was good and the teachers/principal always made time to address any concerns you may have had. Highly recommended!

Last modified Sirrine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.