Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school is so amazing! The principal is really caring and knows all the students by name. I love the academics and sports and all the programs I can participate in. I don't understand why Willis has such a low rating it is a lovely school and the teachers and students are very caring and supportive. I love this school so much.

I was a student here for years 2011-12 and 2012-13. I was in honors math and honors english. I have to say that it wasn't the best school. I had the same amazing English teacher both years(prepared me for high school), but other than her I don't think any of my other teachers prepared me. Both years I was bullied(but who wasn't in junior high?). I knew one teacher that didn't respect the students at all(he taught yearbook and computer). If you asked a question he'd look at you like you were stupid and then explained sarcastically. A lot of teachers don't care what you do, especially the male teachers. Education isn't very good, I'm very intelligent and I don't think I benefited much at all. I was on the V-ball team in 8th grade and neither 7th or 8th grade girls volleyball won a set(better yet a game). The best part of Willis is the Gifted Academy and the band program. I believe the band was best(junior high) band in state. I wasn't in the Gifted Academy, but to be in you have to score 97% on an AIMS test(in any subject). I was student aide for one of the GA teachers and the students were amazing! Education came first, the work prepared the students for high school .

I was lucky to go here for 7th and 8th grade, the teachers are very helpful and they do what there suppose to do. The school offers some classes like computers where you can work with robots and photoshop. The history teachers make the students actually intrested in politics and the world around them. Seven of my family members have gone to this school and we have never had any problems.

`This is my first year at Willis. I have great grades and I love my teachers. I was involved with soccer. My teachers help us with further information on worksheets and homework. My math teacher helps me a lot and I have earned a high enough grade to be placed on the AVID list. Being in 7th grade, I dont know all the teachers but I have heard they are really great. If I where a parent who doesnt know if my child should go to Willis. take my advice and let your child go there its a really awesome school.

This is my 5th year w/children @ Willis Jr High. I find this school very difficult to rate. The music program is excellent, highly motivational, inspiring, as well as challenging. My children are high functioning LD students who get lots of support & encouragement from their strategies teachers. However without this support, I believe their education is a roll of the dice. Long time teachers put on a good front that disengages them from practicing the art of teaching & enhancing a students ability to learn. In contrast, the younger teachers are the crown jewels. They go above & beyond just teaching. They motivate the students to become involved in their own education enticing them to really learn. The principal has demonstrated a firm hand on the bullying situation & I have heard/seen fewer incidents over the years. However, he smooths over the rough spots, favoring the teachers point of view.

This is my first year at Willis Junior High School, and I have to admit, I'm loving it! I like all of my teachers, and they seem to know how to keep us motivated. My math teacher is great. She made up an easy way for us to remember how to divide integers. It involves karate!

My first year at willis and i thought it was pretty great.All my teachers wer great eccept for one...I do recmmnd thee school even tho i admit that its not the best school.

i love this school. My child gets along with all the children and teachers.i recomnd you have your child go there

I have mixed feeling about Willis, 1 child is in High school after leaving Willis and he is very unprepared. All honors classes and the AVID program and he cant seem to keep up at the high school level. My other child is in the 7th grade. She gets herself involved in sports and student council she loves her teachers. I on the other hand am disappointed. The kids father passed away amd we were having such a hard time at home. I spoke with her teachers and most of them worked with us. 1 however refused. she removed my daughter from an activity that she loved ( the only thing actually making her happy at that time) and would not listen to reason. I understand that grades need to be kept up in order to participate in activities, but there was no working with this teacher. Its sad!

I have an eigth and seventh grade student attending the CATS program at Willis. The last two years have been an excellent experince for my kids. The teachers are very supportive and the administrative staff very helpfull. Thanks to the CATS program, my son qualified in the top 5% in a highly competative private high school entrance program. Check out the CATS program and take a tour of the school, I did.

Last modified Willis Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.